UPenn (oos, dean’s scholarship) vs. UCSF (oos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cistrans

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m like 50:50 for both schools. Please help me decide!:) Please please don’t write “cheapest.” I want to hear from current students and get insights.

Penn:
Pros: IVY, I’m from east coast
Cons: Location (not big fan of Phili), Letter grade

UCSF:
Pros: P/F system, weather, vibe, cost, SF city
Cons: No friends or family there, less famous than penn(? Not sure tho)

Members don't see this ad.

I’m like 50:50 for both schools. Please help me decide!:) Please please don’t write “cheapest.” I want to hear from current students and get insights.

Penn:

UCSF:
cheapest

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a D4 at Penn. The school you decide on is not going to have a huge influence on the quality of dentist you become. I know you don't want to hear it, but there's a reason everyone says it. I would pick the cheapest option. That will lead to the most longterm happiness.

Also, the only pros you have for Penn are the Ivy league name. Let me tell you now, that means nothing.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm a D4 at Penn. The school you decide on is not going to have a huge influence on the quality of dentist you become. I know you don't want to hear it, but there's a reason everyone says it. I would pick the cheapest option. That will lead to the most longterm happiness.

Also, the only pros you have for Penn are the Ivy league name. Let me tell you now, that means nothing.
but, but, but "prestigious"...

Penn:

UCSF:
If you dont care about the cost then read the school mission and see which one fits your personality better.