UPENN troubles.....Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtlGAl7

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if anyone on this board interviewed on March 2nd at the UPENN?
I still have heard nothing.....Has anyone else heard?
For people who were accepted to UPENN, how long after you interviewed did you hear?
I called up 2 weeks ago to find out what happened and the Director of Admissions told me that I should hear by April 6th. It's April 10th and still no word. My second choice school (Tufts) wants their $1500 dollars (nonrefundable) by Friday, April 13th. I sent an email to the Director on Friday, but still no word. I feel like if I call up again, I will look like I am bothering her and this might hurt my chances of acceptance. BUT $1500 dollars is A LOT of money to just throw out the window (And they want another $500 by May 1st). And to be perfectly honest.....I really can't afford to do that......
What should I do? I am so stressed out over this. I hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance,
AtlGAl7

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I interviewed at UPenn on Feb 9th and I actually heard from them 2 weeks later. I am sure Corky will understand your calling so much if you explain to her that another school is pressing for a deposit-a large lump of money. If your sincerity show through, i don't think it should have any negative impacts on your application review. Good luck and maybe i'll see you at Penn next year.

Hey

I heard today about UPENN. I have been placed on the "active list." From the email that I was sent from the director of admissions I think this means that you are above the alternate/wait list.....the admissions committee would have accepted you but the class filled up (I applied really late!! My interview was the last day they interviewed!). She said that I am among "a few" on the list. I have to wait until May 1st and see how many people don't send back their 2nd deposits. The first deposit was $500. The second deposit is another $500.

Does anyone know how common it is for people NOT to send back their 2nd deposits? Do I still have a shot at getting in? Did anyone ever hear about this "active list" before? I hope someone can cheer me up.......I am totally bummed.......

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

From what I know, there might be some people dropping out when it comes to the second deposit, usually due to the acceptance from their state schools. And the fact that you are above the alternate list shows that you have a pretty good chance of getting in. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

btw, are you still putting down deposit for Tufts? to be on the safe side? just curious!

GoBear

I don't know if I should put money down at Tufts. I tried calling Corky to find out more info about the active list....like how many people actually get acceptances from it or how many people actually don't send in the 2nd deposit, etc...But she wasn't there today...so I have to call her tomorrow! AGH!

I really did not get a good feel from Tufts. The location was pretty bad. The school itself was fine and everyone there was great...BUT the school seems like it is really unsafe!

AtlGAL7