Forum Members Upgrade feedback and bug log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks, @Lawper
I tried it but could not get it to work unfortunately. Typically I ignore it and simply hop onto my phone (or log out and read with the default theme) but figured I should say something at least.

I'm not sure but will tag @Lee @WildWing anyways.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really like the way we can change the sizes of copy/pasted images now. :)

Whoever's idea that was - THANK YOU! :)

Reactions: 1 users
We just pushed out a set of changes to the SDN and SDN Dark themes (SDN has been renamed SDN - New, but that might change):
1. Increased the size of the avatars
2. Updated the mobile view search, so you have the same search function as desktop
3. Made the unread bold bolder so you can more easily see what hasn't been read

There is another change that will be happening today where the sidebar information will be rolled out for everyone. If you roll it up, it will stay rolled up for all posts.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Asking again that the limit between sending PM’s be reduced. I used to be able to send a ton of them with maybe a 10 second delay between. Now it is a ridiculous 5 minute delay

Asking again that the limit between sending PM’s be reduced. I used to be able to send a ton of them with maybe a 10 second delay between. Now it is a ridiculous 5 minute delay

I've updated this setting so it is lower. We can't set it by user group, unfortunately, so we have to balance spam prevention with convenience.

Have we given any more thought to relaxing the anti-necrobumping rules to let you override it with some checkboxes?

Today I wanted to add on to a thread from 2017 given some news developments that were related and the good discussion that had occured then - but it's a hard stop at this point.

Reactions: 5 users
Have we given any more thought to relaxing the anti-necrobumping rules to let you override it with some checkboxes?

Today I wanted to add on to a thread from 2017 given some news developments that were related and the good discussion that had occured then - but it's a hard stop at this point.
Try it now - established members should be able to override it now.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
There are certain forums and threads that I can't access. I am unable to go on the pre-DO WAMC forum. I get taken to this link: Upgrade system login | XenForo

This happens on several of the non-trad FAQ links as well. Does anyone know how to get around this issue? Thanks.

There are certain forums and threads that I can't access. I am unable to go on the pre-DO WAMC forum. I get taken to this link: Upgrade system login | XenForo

This happens on several of the non-trad FAQ links as well. Does anyone know how to get around this issue? Thanks.
Can you PM me a few threads where you're running into this? @Lee

Members don't see this ad :)
This is an issue with some of the internal thread links - I saw this before. If we have a sample I can show you how to fix. We may need to write a script to find and replace these.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks! But it seems some of the text in the Verified Account banners got invisible

picture.JPG

Also is it possible to update the Basic/Dark Basic modes to include member's status below their reaction score? it's shown in SDN mode

Have you tried to search by forum?

View attachment 276294

I just checked and it still works for SPF
Yes, that's what I was doing. I tried half a dozen or so searches with no results. Like I tried searching "disparity of force" posted by Stroganoff in "this forum" but got no results, and I've used those 3 words consecutively probably dozens upon dozens of times over the years.

Yes, that's what I was doing. I tried half a dozen or so searches with no results. Like I tried searching "disparity of force" posted by Stroganoff in "this forum" but got no results, and I've used those 3 words consecutively probably dozens upon dozens of times over the years.
I did a general search listing your name and only disparity. Here's what I got:

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

Most are from 2019 but one is from 2008. Something is probably off with the search history but I can still see SPF posts from searching generally, so I'm not sure if the forum being hidden is what's affecting it.

I did a general search listing your name and only disparity. Here's what I got:
Correct, but only one of those search results has anything to do with posts I made with "disparity of force" (for example) in SPF. When you search for "disparity of force" you get "No results found" which is weird since there's one search result that clearly has that exact phrase. In other words, I'm wondering if SPF needs to be re-indexed or something so the search engine works.

Edit: This could be user error on my part. Whenever I do searches for more than one word, I get "No results found" so maybe I'm supposed to use the + sign or &? I was just doing "word1 word2." :shrug:

Edit 2: Nope, not user error. I tried searching for "brown recluse" the phrase in the Lounge, and I got two results from 2019 post-upgrade to XF 2. I didn't get anything from any years past, even though I've used that term a thousand times. :p

I think it's got something to do with the search engine and maybe re-indexing.

Last edited:
All of the sudden my top bar has moved to the right. Just started today on mobile. Sometimes it works though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190911-203830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911-203830_Chrome.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20190911-203822_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911-203822_Chrome.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 77
Y'all must be swamped, but here's a new one I've noticed for a while:

Observed Behavior: Ignored threads still display in the thread list. I think this bug manifests itself in all themes.
Expected Behavior: If "Ignore this thread on... Thread list" is checked, the thread shouldn't show up in the thread listing.

Thanks!

Y'all must be swamped, but here's a new one I've noticed for a while:

Observed Behavior: Ignored threads still display in the thread list. I think this bug manifests itself in all themes.
Expected Behavior: If "Ignore this thread on... Thread list" is checked, the thread shouldn't show up in the thread listing.

Thanks!

Is there a recent list of bugs to be fixed?

Also thanks for this. Tried ignoring the thread and having the same issue @Lee @WildWing

@Lee @WildWing
The search function appears to be a little broken. If you use the drop-down option to search for a phrase or posts by a member in a particular thread, it pulls up all instances across the forum instead.
Thanks for the report! Try it now.

@Lee @WildWing
Would it be possible to move the stuff circled in red to another place? It fits well on the main forums.studentdoctor.net page, but it really eats up unnecessary room on a main forum page (like when you click "Dental Forums" for example), and on the individual subforum pages, and it's the only thing on the right-hand side...
1579391019289.png

Reactions: 1 users
@Lee @WildWing
Would it be possible to move the stuff circled in red to another place? It fits well on the main forums.studentdoctor.net page, but it really eats up unnecessary room on a main forum page (like when you click "Dental Forums" for example), and on the individual subforum pages, and it's the only thing on the right-hand side...
View attachment 293112

It's definitely distracting. I vote for moving it elsewhere.

@Lee @WildWing
View attachment 293112
It's definitely distracting. I vote for moving it elsewhere.

Yeah I agree on this as well

I cannot see any of the previously stickied threads. Were they moved?

I cannot see any of the previously stickied threads. Were they moved?
On a phone, they’re under the > arrow at the top right of the menu. You’ll see it at the top level of a forum.

On a phone, they’re under the > arrow at the top right of the menu. You’ll see it at the top level of a forum.
This is not true of the SDN Basic style on mobile. And on the desktop (Basic or SDN style), Stickies that have new posts are not bold and do not automatically jump to the newest post.

This is not true of the SDN Basic style on mobile. And on the desktop (Basic or SDN style), Stickies that have new posts are not bold and do not automatically jump to the newest post.
Yes, good point - that needs to be fixed.

The forum is supposed to require moderation approval for posts, not sure why it is not. Looking into it.
See, again? Deleted. Why even bother to respond? It's a wasted effort, and volunteerism and donation is the essence of SDN. Delete what I post? Then, why bother? Honest question.

on mobile, when i backspace to delete a word/character, it closes the text box so then the next tap clicks whatever was behind it. driving me nuts!!
Also when I press enter.

Last edited: