Forum Members Upgrade feedback and bug log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
on mobile, when i backspace to delete a word/character, it closes the text box so then the next tap clicks whatever was behind it. driving me nuts!!
Also when I press enter.
I thought that was something I caused

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
on mobile, when i backspace to delete a word/character, it closes the text box so then the next tap clicks whatever was behind it. driving me nuts!!
Also when I press enter.
Thanks for the report. Is this happening on iOS or Android?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I'll see what may be causing it on Android.

Text
Also happened to me on Android, on Chrome, but I'm no longer having any issues. What about you guys @JustPaws @dpmd @Neopolymath @Apollyon ? Seems like it might've been fixed? :)
If I click the little cog wheel then it doesn't happen but that greys out the other editing options. If I click it again I still have the problem.

From our developer: This is a recent bug with the latest version of Chrome. Chrome has already fixed this issue, but it will not be available until the next official Chrome release. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do until they release a fix :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a message that I have a trophy for a 1 year member??? I have been around longer than that?
LOL, so did I! :)

It's a one-time thing to update the site. We had not previously given a trophy at 1 year.

The system gave a trophy to everyone with 1+ years - so even if you have 21 years at SDN, you'll still get the 1 year trophy too.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
My notifications are being goofy. I'll log in, check my notifications, and then go click on something, whether that be one of my notifications or a subforum.

It is consistently still showing 1 or 2 notifications and then it'll register that I checked them a second later and go back to 0. It's a little weird.

Reactions: 2 users
My notifications are being goofy. I'll log in, check my notifications, and then go click on something, whether that be one of my notifications or a subforum.

It is consistently still showing 1 or 2 notifications and then it'll register that I checked them a second later and go back to 0. It's a little weird.
I think I know what you are saying. Say you have a notification. You acknowledge it by clicking on it, which takes you to the commented post. Then, you go back, and you briefly see the "1" again, then, it disappears.

I believe this is normal site software operation. The workaround is to reload the page.

Is there a way to quickly mark all notifications as read? Like say (hypothetically) if I have 12 notifications and a solid half of them are people posting new threads in the lounge

• Haha
Is there a way to quickly mark all notifications as read? Like say (hypothetically) if I have 12 notifications and a solid half of them are people posting new threads in the lounge
On mobile browser if you click “show all” there’s a mark read button at the top and if you click it you can mark all of them read

You may also want to change your setting so new threads being posted doesn't alert you (unless you want that)

On everyone's little sidebar it now has this "Status (Visible)" line where it used to say like, Attending Physician, Veterinarian, Veterinary Student, etc etc. Looks like it's still supposed to say those things but it cuts off after the first letter. Just something I noticed a couple days ago.

When I go to the home page on android mobile now (for last 4-5 days), I am receiving the following error message (see attached pic). When I click login, nothing happens, and when I click register, it takes me to forums. studentdoctor .net (no spaces) which recognizes my account and I can see alerts, etc.
Screenshot_20210428-223502_Chrome.jpg

When I go to the home page on android mobile now (for last 4-5 days), I am receiving the following error message (see attached pic). When I click login, nothing happens, and when I click register, it takes me to forums. studentdoctor .net (no spaces) which recognizes my account and I can see alerts, etc.
View attachment 335803
Yeah, something is not right in the caching settings... Let me hunt around.

View attachment 335803
Fixed it. Thanks for the heads-up!

Not sure if this has been reported already (or if it is intentional). But recently when I look at articles, while logged out, it appears that I am logged in as @Lee. Although there appears to be no security implications - when I click on the profile or moderator queue, it prompts me to log in.

Attachments

• articles view while logged out.png
    articles view while logged out.png
    506.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Wow
Trying to find a site announcement talking about the upvote/downvote things that have suddenly appeared, if they were intentional. (and if so, I vote against keeping them... let's not make this even more reddit-mob-rule than the like system already is.)

Reactions: 5 users
Changes I've noticed with this update:

Upvoting/downvoting - Don't like it. It doesn't have a place here.
Comments on posts - Don't like it. Either have Reply or Comment. I don't see where both are needed.

Older posts no longer have the author listed on the thread or the last poster. It's now listed as anonymous. This makes it harder to find older threads if you wished.

• Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
I personally am not a fan of the Post Areas feature, especially if Lounge posts show up there. There's other ways to track down a user's posts if you want to see more of them without making it that easy to online stalk them or guess their specialty if they generally want that to be a question mark.

@Stroganoff can you put here again your thoughts on how access to the Lounge might be granted? Did you create a poll at some point?

I personally am not a fan of the Post Areas feature, especially if Lounge posts show up there. There's other ways to track down a user's posts if you want to see more of them without making it that easy to online stalk them or guess their specialty if they generally want that to be a question mark.

@Stroganoff can you put here again your thoughts on how access to the Lounge might be granted? Did you create a poll at some point?
You mean the listing at the right hand column on the main forums page? That shows only threads that fit your permissions level. For example, a new member can't see Lounge threads.

You mean the listing at the right hand column on the main forums page? That shows only threads that fit your permissions level. For example, a new member can't see Lounge threads.
Screenshot_20210514-123050_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210514-123213_Samsung Internet.jpg

I mean post areas Lounge shows up. I don't know if it's possible for it to not to be listed. As far as limiting my profile, that might be the only thing I wouldn't want to show, but not sure it's possible to be that specific. I may be in the minority for how I feel about this feature.

I think a while back someone suggested that the Lounge only be visible to someone whose account is say maybe 3 months old, to help prevent people that would create an account and post just to dox a member there, an extra layer of security that way.

View attachment 336996
View attachment 336997

I mean post areas Lounge shows up. I don't know if it's possible for it to not to be listed. As far as limiting my profile, that might be the only thing I wouldn't want to show, but not sure it's possible to be that specific. I may be in the minority for how I feel about this feature.

I think a while back someone suggested that the Lounge only be visible to someone whose account is say maybe 3 months old, to help prevent people that would create an account and post just to dox a member there, an extra layer of security that way.
That’s permissions based. A guest can’t see what they don’t have access to.

Are you working on the headers etc. today?
When I go to my watched threads tab I can see all the links at the top like What's new, watched, etc. just fine.
Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 9.44.43 AM.png

When I click on an individual page (Baylor, for example) it now has white words on a light gray background so very hard to see them to click on (I thought at first they had disappeared)

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 9.45.03 AM.png

Are you working on the headers etc. today?
When I go to my watched threads tab I can see all the links at the top like What's new, watched, etc. just fine.
View attachment 337023

When I click on an individual page (Baylor, for example) it now has white words on a light gray background so very hard to see them to click on (I thought at first they had disappeared)

View attachment 337024
No. I am not seeing it with Safari or Chrome on Mac. Which browser are you using?

Also, try a hard refresh - it could be related to out of date css file caching.

No. I am not seeing it with Safari or Chrome on Mac. Which browser are you using?

Also, try a hard refresh - it could be related to out of date css file caching.
on an outdated Safari rn
I will try it on another browser, thanks

Cleared the cache and got the proper colors back.

Last edited:
I followed a link to read an article and wanted to also read comments. The bottom of the article said I needed to log in. I can see that I am logged in at the top of the screen, but I tried to log in anyways and it would not accept my login and password. It asked for "user name" so I tried that, and then also tried my email just in case.
It was this article: Two Unmatched-Doctor Advocacy Groups Are Tied to Anti-Immigrant Organizations
I am using my laptop on a Chrome browser

I followed a link to read an article and wanted to also read comments. The bottom of the article said I needed to log in. I can see that I am logged in at the top of the screen, but I tried to log in anyways and it would not accept my login and password. It asked for "user name" so I tried that, and then also tried my email just in case.
It was this article: Two Unmatched-Doctor Advocacy Groups Are Tied to Anti-Immigrant Organizations
Thanks! I'll fix it - there are no comments on the article BTW.

Fixed!

Nothing wrong, I just wanted to mention how much I love the Pride Month SDN logo! :)

Did the lock on the practicing physicians forum disappear? It seems like more people can access it currently than should be able to under the usual rules.