Uploading LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmed93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if it is preferred to direct references to upload LOR to 3rd party like interfolio or directly to AACOMAS. What are the advantages and disadvantages between the two?

Also, one of my references wants to upload the LOR sometime next week. If I choose the direct route, is it possible to send him a link through my AACOMAS account before it opens on May 4th?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Use interfolio. 1) no, your application needs to be open before anyone can upload letters directly to AACOMAS. If you do them now, they will be on an application for the 16-17 cycle and WILL NOT be transferred forward. 2) it's good foreword thinking as a plan to be able to re-use the same letters if you need to apply a second time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is preferred to direct references to upload LOR to 3rd party like interfolio or directly to AACOMAS. What are the advantages and disadvantages between the two?

Also, one of my references wants to upload the LOR sometime next week. If I choose the direct route, is it possible to send him a link through my AACOMAS account before it opens on May 4th?

Thanks!

Most people seem to use interfolio.. I know that's what I'm doing this cycle. It just makes thing easier, and you have those letters stored for future use in case you arent accepted this time around, or if you want to apply to an SMP that isnt linked with AACOM.

I think I paid like $16 for a two year membership on interfolio. It's totally worth it.