Upper level BIo's - which ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdfa8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

so far I've mapped out all the classes I DEFINITELY need to take. If I want to apply by 2012, and matriculate in 2013, though, I don't have much room outside of the core classes. I want to take Biochem and Mammalian Physiology, and maybe even Microbiology then Immunology, but I only have room for the Chems, Phys, and Cell Bio and Genetics as my two Bios.

My first question is, being that I'm a nontraditional student, and time is a concern, should I extend it a year and matriculate in 2014 instead, and be able to fit most of my UL Bio electives? Or, take those electives after I've already applied to Med School and am going through the waiting/interviewing process? Or, just let go of the idea as a whole and suck it up?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Take the electives after you have already applied.

I highly recommend taking Anatomy, Cell Biology, Physiology, Biochemistry and Genetics (only if you have extra time for this one). You can skip Microbiology and Immunology.

after you have completed all your pre-reqs for med school then I would recommend you to take the upper level bio electives :thumbup: anatomy (if you can take a lab also that will be really helpful), cell biology, biochemistry or molecular biology, and physiology are what I think are great upper div bios helping you prepare for med school :)