This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bakedbread000

Reaction score
Hey all,

This might be a convoluted, but here goes. I'm enrolled in a post-bacc program right now and am taking a course titled "Cellular and Molecular Biology" that's 300-level. I was going over my old transcripts from the undergrad institution I graduated from and the intro-sequence Biology class they offered had a similar name, titled "Fundamentals of Biology: Cellular and Molecular Biology." This was a 200 level class that I had taken (and done poorly in).

I did a course equivalency search through my old institution and the General Biology classes I took at the post-bacc school were equivalent to "Fundamentals of Biology: Cellular and Molecular Biology" at my old institution. There was no equivalency match for the 300-level "Cellular and Molecular Biology" I'm taking now.

Will me taking a class with the same name pose an issue? Does it seem like I'm just retaking a class? Will adcoms frown upon this? I really can't remember if the material in the intro-class I took in my old institution and everything from the labs down to the textbook are different.

@Goro @gonnif @LizzyM @chilly_md @gyngyn Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. This has been bugging me all day.

Members don't see this ad.