Upstate... STRESS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigRedStress

AMEX Black
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed there three weeks ago today. At the interviewwe were told that we'd get a call two weeks later, eg last wednesday! A friend intervewed two days after I did and they told him that they may hear maybe 4 weeks or maybe after december break! Those who have been accepted, approx. when after the interview were you called? Also, did they tell you 2 or 4 week notification? I know the committee meets every wed. afternoon, so im praying theyreview my file this week that is if they haven't reviewed it already! big red is once again stressed.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't have any info for you, but please breathe.

that's it...inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale...

it'll be okay. keep breathing. :)

ey sweet tea u changed ur avatar hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
sure did! i decided that i'm really more of a 2 year old than the girl from "the princess bride", and i loved "monsters inc".

I heard about these before.

It's a test. If you don't call the university within 3 weeks after your interview to check on your status.. you are an automatic rejection.

If you call before the two weeks that they told you, then you will be put in the "most likely to be rejected" pile.

If you don't call at all, it's almost for sure a waitlist.

:p

Last year they told us that a decision would be made within 2 weeks of our interview. I interviewed around Thanksgiving, but heard in the middle of Jan.

Med school is a big waiting game, but worth it!

phinicky,
are you in med school now?

It turns out that they do call. I got a call this morning about my acceptance. I was speechless, and then all I could say was WOOHOO!, and later thought wasn't it supposed to be YOOWHOO. Anyway it feels good and a great relief as I was a reapplicant.

Good Luck to you all too.

when did you interview????????????????

I interviewed at upstate on wednesday oct. 30th and they called me the next friday the 8th to accept me...but i could be an exception..i don't know if it's always that fast. Any other questions PM me:)

I interviewed on the Nov. 18 and had actually remember hearing that it takes a few weeks, but with the holidays not to worry until after the holidays. Hope this is true too.

zingy

bruinkid,

Yes, I'm a MS1 at GW

i interviewed at upstate on 11/13. they said they were working on a two week turn around- which puts us at thanksgiving. i got no call. their admissions committee meets on wednesdays. they said to give them a month to be safe- they may be backed up b/c of any number of reasons- but rest assured OP I haven't heard anything either.... no news is good news at this point.

hey smilez, i interviewed with you

i was the only cornell kid there, if you remember

Big Red-

I was the only one from NJ- I remember you.... kinda glad to hear that someone else from our day hasn't heard anything either... :) i'm sure we'll hear soon enough!

~smilez

Congratulations OldKing...can you post your stats?

Originally posted by oldking
Hey BIGRED - I'm sitting in Uris Library right now typing this

Anyway, I interviewed at Upstate on December 2nd and was accepted December 6th (first acceptance!)