Upstate: Summer Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BGGA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you considering SUNY Upstate are you also considering the summer anatomy course?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I am, I think it's a great warm up to med school and u can really bond wiht ur classmates.

I'm going to do it. I think it's a great opportunity. I'm going to be a surgeon, so anatomy is really important to me. I talked with a student who took summer anatomy and she said it's a great way to start off because you get a better education in anatomy, you can do different things while the rest of the class takes anatomy, you make new friends, and by the time the rest of the classes start, you already have a group of people to study with. I'm looking forward to it. It's one of the many reasons I decided to go to Upstate (I am from Virginia).

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude....enjoy your summer...just my $.02

Darth Asclepius said:
I'm going to do it. I think it's a great opportunity. I'm going to be a surgeon, so anatomy is really important to me. I talked with a student who took summer anatomy and she said it's a great way to start off because you get a better education in anatomy, you can do different things while the rest of the class takes anatomy, you make new friends, and by the time the rest of the classes start, you already have a group of people to study with. I'm looking forward to it. It's one of the many reasons I decided to go to Upstate (I am from Virginia).

The alternative would be finding a new full time job for the whole summer. My lab job ends when I graduate, so I would have to look for a full time job to support myself (my parents don't pay my bills). If I take summer anatomy, financial aid starts then.

I'm not doing it. But I guess it's not a bad idea.