UQR/S-1 Issues - will I be delayed? Do I have any options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2th Doc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BLUF: Meeting with CDR and S-1 6 months and 4 days before anticipated ETS (early JUN) to do UQR counseling. S-1 refused to help me with UQR at 12 month mark. I'm recently aware of 6-12 month window for HRC to receive UQR packet and feeling like I'll miss that date. Will I be delayed ETSing? Trying to buy a practice in JUN and this could be a significant issue. Is there any recourse or recommendations to accelerate the process? There was a doc here last year that started in APR and was out by JUN. How? Please advise. Thank you.

So I recently PCS'd this summer with 1 year left on my ADSO. While working with the S-1 when I first got here, I asked about getting information on the UQR paperwork so I could get working on it, and the S-1 blew me off and told me no at that time. At that point I wasn't aware of what seems to be the highly time-sensitive nature of the UQR process and the 6-12 month window requirement for HRC. Quite honestly, the only way I found out about the UQR process was briefly during this recent in-processing when I saw another individual working on it. So, I got settled in at my clinic and got to work. I knocked out SFL-TAP in SEPT thinking I was well on my way. Then in OCT my Commander came through our clinic and asked my OIC if I was planning to stay in because it's getting late to start UQR. My OIC confronted me about it, and that selfsame day I contacted my XO and sent over all the documents that were requested for the UQR packet. Got an appointment to meet with the CDR and S-1 6 months and 4 days before my anticipated ETS date. My understanding is that paperwork needs to go from my HQ to Region and THEN to HRC before 6 month mark. What are the chances I'll be delayed? And if so, how long should I expect? I'd really appreciate any info on how I can accelerate the process.