UQR/S-1 Issues - will I be delayed? Do I have any options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2th Doc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
BLUF: Meeting with CDR and S-1 6 months and 4 days before anticipated ETS (early JUN) to do UQR counseling. S-1 refused to help me with UQR at 12 month mark. I'm recently aware of 6-12 month window for HRC to receive UQR packet and feeling like I'll miss that date. Will I be delayed ETSing? Trying to buy a practice in JUN and this could be a significant issue. Is there any recourse or recommendations to accelerate the process? There was a doc here last year that started in APR and was out by JUN. How? Please advise. Thank you.

So I recently PCS'd this summer with 1 year left on my ADSO. While working with the S-1 when I first got here, I asked about getting information on the UQR paperwork so I could get working on it, and the S-1 blew me off and told me no at that time. At that point I wasn't aware of what seems to be the highly time-sensitive nature of the UQR process and the 6-12 month window requirement for HRC. Quite honestly, the only way I found out about the UQR process was briefly during this recent in-processing when I saw another individual working on it. So, I got settled in at my clinic and got to work. I knocked out SFL-TAP in SEPT thinking I was well on my way. Then in OCT my Commander came through our clinic and asked my OIC if I was planning to stay in because it's getting late to start UQR. My OIC confronted me about it, and that selfsame day I contacted my XO and sent over all the documents that were requested for the UQR packet. Got an appointment to meet with the CDR and S-1 6 months and 4 days before my anticipated ETS date. My understanding is that paperwork needs to go from my HQ to Region and THEN to HRC before 6 month mark. What are the chances I'll be delayed? And if so, how long should I expect? I'd really appreciate any info on how I can accelerate the process.

Members don't see this ad.