Urgent Advice Needed Soon...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LECOMorBUST

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some advice. Today is the last day to withdraw, I'm thinking of dropping Public Speaking (not because I'm doing bad). It would make the rest of the semester lighter and my acceptance letter listed only Organic II as the only requirement I am missing. Really I'm thinking why take any unnecessary risks now with my family and I figure a W on the transcript is far better than the slight chance of failing. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember public speaking being a really challenging course. I don't think if you drop it that it would make your semester that much lighter. Plus perhaps they said you only need Organic II because you are currently enrolled in public speaking. Why risk it? Do that last speech or two and it will all be over :)

I don't remember public speaking being a really challenging course. I don't think if you drop it that it would make your semester that much lighter. Plus perhaps they said you only need Organic II because you are currently enrolled in public speaking. Why risk it? Do that last speech or two and it will all be over :)

Thanks for your advice. The course is not challenging as it is all time consuming with the amount of work required to put on a good show. This professor wants to see a hand-made visual aid (display board), transparencies, powerpoint presentation, interview writeup, on top of an outline with a complete binder to turn in for the final speech. Dropping would make the semester lighter in all honesty. I'm taking 5 courses now, which I thought all were required when I scheduled, but the acceptance letter only says Organic II is and this makes sense since I looked up admission requirements on the school's site. Just to clarify the situation. I would appreciate any other advice or thoughts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Suck it up and finish the course.

if you are really considering dropping it, call the school and make sure that it will in no way cause you to be disqualified from starting in the fall. some schools have a min credit hour requirement or certain breadth course requirements..

I would calll and try to drop the course, try to get something in writing from them by email. Dont stress yourself out for no reason by doing a pointless presentation that means absolutely nothing.

Like others have said, call the school to see if dropping is acceptable. If it is, I say drop it.