Urgent Advice & Suggestions for the Retake PLEASE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike james

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Ive read this forum quite a bit throughout my study period and today got my score and happened to unfortunately fail. 183/72 :mad:

My Pre Exam Study consisted of:
DIT (only watched the videos once along with the booklet), Goljan audio 2x, Uworld (avg 51% first time), Kaplan & BRS for select subjects, and FA (4-5x). This took about 3-4 months of study full time.

Practise test scores:
UWSA 1 - 204
UWSA 2 - 224
DIT predictive exam - 210

In hindsight I should have done an NBME exam to see where my study was, as many ppl on this forum have said NBME 7 is MOST representative.

For anyone whose been in this situation can please reflect and tell me how to overcome this. I am planning to re-take in end of September. Is 2 months enough time to redo/restrategize most things? or should I push the date further?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Ive read this forum quite a bit throughout my study period and today got my score and happened to unfortunately fail. 183/72 :mad:

My Pre Exam Study consisted of:
DIT (only watched the videos once along with the booklet), Goljan audio 2x, Uworld (avg 51% first time), Kaplan & BRS for select subjects, and FA (4-5x). This took about 3-4 months of study full time.

Practise test scores:
UWSA 1 - 204
UWSA 2 - 224
DIT predictive exam - 210

In hindsight I should have done an NBME exam to see where my study was, as many ppl on this forum have said NBME 7 is MOST representative.

For anyone whose been in this situation can please reflect and tell me how to overcome this. I am planning to re-take in end of September. Is 2 months enough time to redo/restrategize most things? or should I push the date further?

I think September is long enough. It gives you time to go through FA at least 3 more times and UW once more. Based on your practice scores and UW % you were in good shape going into the exam so don't panic or lose hope. Do NBME's like you said and use those + your score report from the real exam to find out your weak areas. Really hit those hard and I believe you will be fine.

Be careful not just to repeat your study plan and think more of the same is necessarily better.

I personally did not go through this but I did increase my score by ~50 pts based on changing strategies, focusing on weaknesses, etc.

Good luck man

When I left the exam center I felt like I did not give the exam my best effort. But I was optimistic I had done enough to at least pass. It was definitely harder than the practise exams & another thing was the length of the question stems which were way larger than nbme or world.

I have taken the last 10 days to get over my test failure. Now my question is where to begin studying? Should my first aim be to read Goljan RR & FA, then do a practise test? or start with a practise test?