Urgent: APRIL 15th Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noddy1234

Reaction score
So I’m a bit confused and kind of panicking about the April 15th deadline. How will AMCAS know if we’ve withdrawn from all but 3 schools. Some schools I’ve been able to withdraw on the portal but for others I sent an email. However, when I go to the amcas portal the school I emailed is still listed there. Could this be a problem if schools have not processed my withdrawal by April 15th? Even though I’ve withdraws by email? Can AMCAS rescind my other three acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I’m a bit confused and kind of panicking about the April 15th deadline. How will AMCAS know if we’ve withdrawn from all but 3 schools. Some schools I’ve been able to withdraw on the portal but for others I sent an email. However, when I go to the amcas portal the school I emailed is still listed there. Could this be a problem if schools have not processed my withdrawal by April 15th? Even though I’ve withdraws by email? Can AMCAS rescind my other three acceptances?

You are not required to withdraw from all but three schools. It is a suggestion to make it easier to withdraw all but one by 30 April and to give students on WLs a chance to move to an A earlier.

I’m still waiting for my financial aid at some schools. Is anyone aware of ANY POTENTIAL ISSUE that can come about if I don’t narrow to 3 schools tomorrow?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think there are consequences until the April 30th deadline (although you might want to check the guidelines for your own schools because they might be different/stricter). It's more of a courtesy to other applicants and lets the schools get a measure of their class size at that time. Sounds like you might want to contact the school about the status of your financial aid and let them know that you have other offers (it might encourage them to hurry it up) because you'll need to narrow it down by the end of April anyway.

I’m still waiting for my financial aid at some schools. Is anyone aware of ANY POTENTIAL ISSUE that can come about if I don’t narrow to 3 schools tomorrow?
It's school dependent, some require you to narrow it down, most don't.

"The AAMC understands that an individual’s circumstances (e.g., delays in receiving financial aid offer or other compelling personal reasons) may warrant exception from one or more of the following protocols, and defers to each school’s judgment in such cases."

It's a suggestion. Finances are a legitimate reason. My significant other is still awaiting decisions from schools to which I've already been accepted. That would be another legitimate reason to not drop schools by April 15. April 30th is the deadline that matters. Otherwise, narrow your choices "out of respect to other applicants."

Sourced from https://students-residents.aamc.org...lication-and-acceptance-protocols-applicants/

Reactions: 1 users
"The AAMC understands that an individual’s circumstances (e.g., delays in receiving financial aid offer or other compelling personal reasons) may warrant exception from one or more of the following protocols, and defers to each school’s judgment in such cases."

It's a suggestion. Finances are a legitimate reason. My significant other is still awaiting decisions from schools to which I've already been accepted. That would be another legitimate reason to not drop schools by April 15. April 30th is the deadline that matters. Otherwise, narrow your choices "out of respect to other applicants."

Sourced from https://students-residents.aamc.org...lication-and-acceptance-protocols-applicants/
So April 30th is a hard deadline, correct? Not a suggestion?

So April 30th is a hard deadline, correct? Not a suggestion?

Short answer. Yes.

On April 30, schools will know if you "Plan to enroll" or not. Some may automatically rescind your acceptance if you don't choose them. Others may contact you first. However, you can contact schools directly if you need more time for some legitimate reason. Several of the schools I've been accepted to directly encouraged communication under these circumstances.

It's simply a suggestion by AAMC, not a requirement unless your schools specific state that it is. Either way, they can't confirm if you have any other acceptances before 4/30.

IS THERE A DO SCHOOL EQUIVALENT OF THIS APRIL 30 DEADLINE??