Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

urgent interview feedback needed - U Iowa, U Kansas, MSCHM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by zoom zoom, Nov 30, 2005.

1. zoom zoom

zoom zoom Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey all,

interview feedback is not working and I have 3 interviews in the next 3 days. i really need some feedback if you can offer some:

U iowa
    U kansas
    Michigan state CHM

thanks soooo much

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gdbaby

gdbaby Prettier than before
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The first part of the interview is a little awk because they ask you preset questions and then can't respond to your answer. They pick 3 questions out of 12 possible. On some thread around here they are all posted, but if you can't find it, PM and I will try to dig them up at home. Then the second part of the interview is laid back and casual. It's closed file, so they just want to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit for the school. The facilities are top notch and the students are super firendly. Bring a parka, it's gonna be cold! Any more specifics, PM me.

Damn, 3 interviews! Good luck!

4. Ashanti Rock

Ashanti Rock Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  5. Tristy

Tristy BairesYarnCreation @ etsy
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    They're big (from my own experience) on ethical and "what would you do" scenarios. They waitlisted me suppossedly because they thought "i was naive about the profession" :mad: (and also because they said that I tried too hard to hide my accent, which is big time BS), so make sure you are current on healthcare issues, and be ready for those type of questions. Best of luck!! :luck:

6. Ashanti Rock

Ashanti Rock Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

What school was this Tristy? That some crazy s***!

7. Sweetlill1

Sweetlill1 Dr. Dre
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My experience at KUMed this year was very different... yes they do ask some situational questions (everyone my day got asked what they would do if a Jehovah's Witness kid really needed blood but the parents refused) They are changing their curriculum completely for next year so they were big on trying to tell you what it will be like. It was a relaxing day. I should hear back from them within the next week. They typically accept a few people right away and then put everyone else in a pile until March when they send out final decisions... There are two thirty minute interviews, one open file (who represents you to the committee) and one partially closed file (they can't see you GPA, MCAT, or classes). The interviews are very conversational... PM me if you have any more questions. GOOD LUCK!

8. SailCrazy

SailCrazy I gotta have more cowbell
    10+ Year Member

When will you be at MSU-CHM? I might see you there!