2025-2026 U Missouri - Kansas City

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
  1. [If you rate likeliness to attend St. Joe campus ≥8:] You have highly rated your placement at the Saint Joseph campus as a preferred site. Please help us understand why you assigned your rating. For example, is rural clinical practice your foremost career goal, or do you prefer the Saint Joseph campus because of its location, curriculum, or education pedagogy? In a few sentences, please help us better understand your rating.
  2. We educate physicians/healthcare providers to provide care for individuals with various identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Describe any interests, abilities and/or experiences that prepare you to participate in and contribute to that learning environment. (max 1000 words)
  3. If you are interested in rural healthcare or in practicing a specialty that meets the needs of underserved rural communities, please describe your interest in this aspect of healthcare.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have all the ii been sent out? I haven't received any email yet ://
Don't worry yet! They haven't sent an R so thats what really matters. They have only three interview dates I believe, 15, 16, and 17th of September, they might send some more out closer to those dates.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also wondering this!!!
I am St. Jospeh and will probably be declining if I get into another school, I had a recent family medical emergency that has me wanting to stay closer to home (NC). I should here back from about 5-6 other programs on the 15th so I can make a decision right around the deadline
 
Hi everyone, I’m an M1 at UMKC’s KC Campus. I’m OOS. Happy to help if anyone wants advice or help picking between accepting or not.

As for waitlist movement, I think across both campuses, I saw 5 people leave the accepted student GroupMe. This doesn’t account for those that never joined though. I’d assume it’s around 5-10 students across both campuses get taken off the WL but that’s just a guesstimate
 
Hi everyone, I’m an M1 at UMKC’s KC Campus. I’m OOS. Happy to help if anyone wants advice or help picking between accepting or not.

As for waitlist movement, I think across both campuses, I saw 5 people leave the accepted student GroupMe. This doesn’t account for those that never joined though. I’d assume it’s around 5-10 students across both campuses get taken off the WL but that’s just a guesstimate

Any idea when accepted students will get access to the GroupMe? There's a link in the MD portal but it seems to require some kind of approval.
 
Any idea when accepted students will get access to the GroupMe? There's a link in the MD portal but it seems to require some kind of approval.
Last year people got immediate access. People were joining from Oct 3rd, which was the first day acceptances came out. I don’t believe we had an approval needed for our GroupMe, but it’s probably a different person running the GroupMe for this year.
 
does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?
I’m not sure. From my memory, there were around 40 students interviewed on my interview day and 3 interview days. There’s around 40 seats across both campuses, so with that math they’d probably waitlist 15ish people for each campus and reject the rest. But again, I don’t have numbers to back the WL numbers so take it with a grain of salt
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is crazy but I was WL this cycle. I didnt get a high enough grade in one the prereqs during undergrad so in July, they emailed me and said that in order to be considered, I would have to retake the class and get a B or higher. I wasn’t going to take it until I found out. I got an interview so then I registered for a class and if I got accepted, I would take the class and if I got rejected, I would drop the class because the drop deadline is not till Monday, October 13. But I was waitlisted so now I can’t decide what I should do. UMKC is my top choice so if I got off the waitlist, I would absolutely accept the spot, but it doesn’t seem like there’s that much WL movement?
 
This is crazy but I was WL this cycle. I didnt get a high enough grade in one the prereqs during undergrad so in July, they emailed me and said that in order to be considered, I would have to retake the class and get a B or higher. I wasn’t going to take it until I found out. I got an interview so then I registered for a class and if I got accepted, I would take the class and if I got rejected, I would drop the class because the drop deadline is not till Monday, October 13. But I was waitlisted so now I can’t decide what I should do. UMKC is my top choice so if I got off the waitlist, I would absolutely accept the spot, but it doesn’t seem like there’s that much WL movement?
If it makes any difference, UMKC gave MD students until Oct. 17 to accept.
 
Just declined my offer today to St. Joseph, got into other programs this morning! Good luck to those on the WL!!!
 
Questions for accepted students:
Does anybody know the latest date to withdraw after acceptance? Are all your other AMCAS applications withdrawn from other schools?
 
Questions for accepted students:
Does anybody know the latest date to withdraw after acceptance? Are all your other AMCAS applications withdrawn from other schools?
If you accepted on 11/14 you can't withdraw from UMKC or they can file a grievance with AMCAS. This could get you blacklisted from other med schools / other cycles
 
This is crazy but I was WL this cycle. I didnt get a high enough grade in one the prereqs during undergrad so in July, they emailed me and said that in order to be considered, I would have to retake the class and get a B or higher. I wasn’t going to take it until I found out. I got an interview so then I registered for a class and if I got accepted, I would take the class and if I got rejected, I would drop the class because the drop deadline is not till Monday, October 13. But I was waitlisted so now I can’t decide what I should do. UMKC is my top choice so if I got off the waitlist, I would absolutely accept the spot, but it doesn’t seem like there’s that much WL movement?
I know 4 people who declined their spot yesterday so there should be some WL movement!
 
Hey everyone! I currently have an II and I need to take off work but I was wondering did anyone know what the typical interview day was like? Was it like from 9-1 or at a certain time?