.::Urgent !::.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tik-tik-clock

CraziiiDesiiKuriii
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really need your advice guys.

I am not done with the content reiview throughlyy yet. In the next four days before I take my next practice test, I want to make sure that I improve as compared to the other times. I am scoring in the low twenties right now, verbal being my score destroyer.

In the next four days I have these options, please help me pick the best one, because I cant decide for myself and I really cant afford to lose another hour at this point.

I keep hearing opposite opinions so I dont know what to do:

1. People say take more practice tests - not under timed conditions, do each problem and check the answer if you get the logic right. If not, go back and review the topic

2. Others say, get into deep content review. and hammer the concepts really well in the four days and then take a practice test on the weekend.

3. Others say, dont do review at all just do practice problems, read the solutions to questions- like the aamc or the kaplan solution and memorize what you need to memorize from there and get the logic from there.

Help me select one of the three? Best aprroach in this limited time constraint?

Ofcourse I will be doing simultaneous VR practice all along..

Thanks in advance! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend not hammering the content but at least making sure you have a good grasp of the topics. If you have access to examkrackers books, I would focus on those for the next couple of days. You can take the 30 minute timed sections to make sure you have a good understanding of the topic. EK gives a very concise review.

In my opinion, I don't think looking at answers for previous exams will help. It might even just overwhelm you and waste your precious time. I think mixing some review with practice is key to get a hold on the content.

I would alternate between timed exams and conent review may be initially doing more content review.

Good Luck! I am sure you will kick some MCAT butt!!! :) :thumbup:
tik-tik-clock said:
I really need your advice guys.

I am not done with the content reiview throughlyy yet. In the next four days before I take my next practice test, I want to make sure that I improve as compared to the other times. I am scoring in the low twenties right now, verbal being my score destroyer.

In the next four days I have these options, please help me pick the best one, because I cant decide for myself and I really cant afford to lose another hour at this point.

I keep hearing opposite opinions so I dont know what to do:

1. People say take more practice tests - not under timed conditions, do each problem and check the answer if you get the logic right. If not, go back and review the topic

2. Others say, get into deep content review. and hammer the concepts really well in the four days and then take a practice test on the weekend.

3. Others say, dont do review at all just do practice problems, read the solutions to questions- like the aamc or the kaplan solution and memorize what you need to memorize from there and get the logic from there.

Help me select one of the three? Best aprroach in this limited time constraint?

Ofcourse I will be doing simultaneous VR practice all along..

Thanks in advance! :love:

mnmsuccess said:
I would recommend not hammering the content but at least making sure you have a good grasp of the topics. If you have access to examkrackers books, I would focus on those for the next couple of days. You can take the 30 minute timed sections to make sure you have a good understanding of the topic. EK gives a very concise review.

In my opinion, I don't think looking at answers for previous exams will help. It might even just overwhelm you and waste your precious time. I think mixing some review with practice is key to get a hold on the content.

I would alternate between timed exams and conent review may be initially doing more content review.

Thanks mmmsuccess!:) and so will you Good Luck! I do have EK everything, I ve sometimes been confused on what to use EK or Kaplan..
Now Im just going to stick to EK. ..

Members don't see this ad :)
just make sure you have a good foundation before attacking passages. A lack of knowledge here and there can keep you from answering questions quickly and correctly. I think those EK books are good review, and present what is key. :luck:

mnmsuccess said:

agreed...i'm tearing apart EK 1001 questions as fast as i can in PhysChem, PHysics...and eventually Ochem...scores have risen..simply because i' more comfortable with the material...review of pure problems is beautiful.

I vote take *timed* practice tests. The timing is so important on the verbal.

Then go over the logic behind the answer to every question on verbal. You will get used to the questions that *seem* like they could go either way. You'll see the test clearly wants one thing.

I'm voting for a mix of untimed full lengths and timed full lengths. I dub it my shotgun review. A little bit of everything. If you bomb a passage, then go back and do some review. Good luck tik!

harrypotter said:
I'm voting for a mix of untimed full lengths and timed full lengths. I dub it my shotgun review. A little bit of everything. If you bomb a passage, then go back and do some review. Good luck tik!

Thanks Potter and everyone else :) Oh what would I do without SDN!

Its wierd how when I translate the verbal passages to my own language I do better than when I just read it through.....

I have to work on the timing now...

I think the examcracker stuff is good bc it's not overwhelming. I hate physics, but I started the examcrackers physics book like last week, and I already feel better about it (wish I had started with it sooner). I am a firm believer than knowing the material is key, but you do need to practice passages.
So, I would say do as much content as you can as well as a few practice tests. good luck. Now I have to go try and study.......