URM: DIY Post bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bound_4success

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hard to say you'll be fine without an actual score in hand; practice test results aren't enough support to confidently advise in my opinion.

Upper trends are always looked upon favorably.

A 3.36, 3.22 with a 508 as a URM (AA) doesn't need a postbacc.

Come back with MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi need a little help deciding what to do.

cGPA: 3.36, upward trend, 2.77 - 3.34 - 3.69 - 3.73
sGPA: 3.22
haven't taken the MCAT yet but practice tests are around 508 (take next month)
AA
Idk if it matters but came from smaller town so transition from HS to college was rough at first but managed to get back on track.

So I know that my gpa is a bit on the low end for MD schools, however if I take 3 class during the fall, it would raise my cGPA to a 3.4 and my sGPA to a 3.3. Not much but it might make the difference between being accepted or not. Assuming I score around a 508 or manage to score a 510+, how would my app look, baring other aspects of my app is solid? Would it be worth it to take those extra classes to raise my GPA? Also would it hurt significantly to take them at a CC, due to them being much more affordable?

Thanks!
What school did you go to?

Hard to say you'll be fine without an actual score in hand; practice test results aren't enough support to confidently advise in my opinion.

Upper trends are always looked upon favorably.

A 3.36, 3.22 with a 508 as a URM (AA) doesn't need a postbacc.

Come back with MCAT score.
Agreed. As an URM, and assuming all other aspects of your application are in order as stated, a solid MCAT score will suffice.