US Airforce Pharmacy, where USP 797 means Nothing!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a recruiting letter from the US Air Force. I would have done it fresh out of school....but back then, they weren't recruiting very heavily.

So I see the brochure.. and bursted out laughing... We know about the recent debacle with the Army Hospitals.

Well, if I was an inspector auditing the Air Force pharmacy, this pharmacy would have been cited for many things... granted, I believe the USP 797 is over done, I expect a little better sterile IV preparation... especially on the front of the recruiting brochure.

1. The syringe is out of the hood
2. She is touching the plunger
3. Where is her protective garment?

:smuggrin:

airforcepharmacyiw5.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my gosh! That is tooooo funny - especially given the recent compounding/FDA issues & the Walter Reed debacle.....

Yeah - poor picture. Could that have possibly passed by a pharmacist for an OK or was this just given to PR to distribute?

I could never have done miitary, but I'm a "child" - actually adolescent of the Vietnam war, but I did work with someone who served then went to pharmacy school on the gov'ts dime & went to work at Letterman Army base (closed now). He really was a good pharmacist, but probably was a pencil pusher in the military.

I've lost track of him.....

Zpack- your sig links to a dead file..shame because that is a nifty fight song.

I'm looking for a pack of Trojans...
They went that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
They could at least have given her a camo. protective garment.

797 my a**!

forget the air force...come to a hospital i know of where they "re-use" the "protective garment" for days on end....um, what's the point of that?

seriously, 797 is absurd...if you've got spot-on technique, you're sterile!

i don't even see a hood in the picture...is that countertop supposed to be the "hood"?

797 my a**!

forget the air force...come to a hospital i know of where they "re-use" the "protective garment" for days on end....um, what's the point of that?

I did & still do have spot-on technique & I was never sterile - aseptic - yes, but not sterile ..... hence ..

I'm celebrating Mother's Day!!!:D :laugh: :laugh:

I did & still do have spot-on technique & I was never sterile - aseptic - yes, but not sterile ..... hence ..

Happy mother's Day! :love:

797 my a**!

Even though I'm not sterile... my technique is quite good.. :smuggrin:

btw, I agree...USP 797 sux.. It should have been directed at home infusion and compounding pharmacies where high risk compounding takes place...not at hospitals where compounding is low and mid risk.

But it sure is making a lot of money for Sterile compounding industry!!

Happy mother's Day! :love:

Thank you!!! I'm very lucky to have such great kids:luck: ! (oh - Dr sdn had a whole lot to do with it as well - couldn't have done it as well without him!).

I hope you and the babies Sux made Sarah feel special.

you know, after i posted that i realized someone would probably make some sort of play-on-words....i did mean aseptic.

the mother's day angle was excellent!

happy [belated] mother's day to all the non-sterile among us!

:D

I believe 2007 revisions to <797> should be out soon!