US Army-Baylor DPT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannabePT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to apply to the Army-Baylor program next year, and I was just curious of the "stats" for those who have been admitted to the program. Also, do you have any useful info for applying? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Army-Baylor last year and it's super hard to get into! They paid for my trip to visit the school which was absolutely incredible! Do you know that you have to go through a recruiter? Have you been to the website?

The best advice I can give you are to make sure that you GRE scores are over 1200. They don't even look at applications if they are lower than 1000 and even then that's too low which is why I didn't get it. Also, make sure that you have A's in anatomy and physiology and a strong science gpa. They also look highly on experience so the more experience you can get the better! I would recommend contacting a recruiter in your area ASAP and getting volunteer hours at a PT clinic or hospital through the military.

Those are just brief suggestions. If you want to know more please feel free to ask more questions! I've been through the whole process! Good Luck!

Thanks for the help! Yeah, I contacted my recruiter and spoke briefly with her and planning on doing more in the future. Academically, I know that I'll be really competitive (1300 GRE and 4.0 so far), but I'm nervous about the experience factor. I don't have a whole lot of my observation/volunteer hours done, but I'll try to make sure to have a good amount by the time I apply.

How did you like the visit? I was planning to do that over the summer sometime, but if I can get it paid for, that would be sweet!

Finally, what reasons did they give you for not accepting you to the program?

Thanks a lot for the info, it's appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
ha ha, and u wonder why some of you cannot get into a school, because some of you thinks that u are better than others.

Last edited:
I also did apply to the program but pull my application for next year because of poor GRE score. I am a veteran and live on a military post because of my spouse who is currently on active duty. It is a very competitive program, however, you really dont need over 1200 to get in, but you need over 1000, my mentor for the program is a Captain on the post where I lives, who graduate from the program in 2008 and she has a 1050 on her GRE, she did none of her experience on military post before she get into the program, she has no military knowledge at all. However, she was accepted to the program. Although GRE is important they look at the applicant as a whole as well. Such as your GPA, interview score, and they do ask few military questions during interview about the branch, etc. So they look at a lot of things. There where people who has 4.0 and higher GRE than yours and they didn't get in, because of the different type of students that they has to accept. In the military they has to make the program as diverse as possible, without bias so various student is accepted each year. Although, I am having second thought about the program, just because, I dont know if I wanted both me and spouse to be in the military at the same time, since we can get deploy at the same time and we have children, however, this is a great program to get into because you get pay while going to school, plus you have no student loans when you graduate.
no offense, but how did you get into college, let alone pt school with this grammar?

kiss my butt you *******, if you dont understand dont read or comment. haha how you like that for good grammer

I agree with Musclehead. I guess anyone can get into PT school...should be motivation.

kiss my butt you *******, if you dont understand dont read or comment. haha how you like that for good grammer
your writing is horrible. i'm sorry but i can't, nor should anyone on here take you seriously.

Seriously?! Some of you are going to critique someone's grammar on an online forum? Most of the posts on here have terrible grammar and spelling. Did it ever occur to you that English may be yjmally's second language? Bad grammar does not equal stupid. I have a friend with an MBA that has horrible grammar (she has only been in the U.S. for a few years), but she is extremely intelligent. I thought yjmally had some very good information to those interested in applying to the Army-Baylor program. For those of you "offended" by yjmally's grammar, DO NOT apply to the Army's program; there are a lot of military personnel whose first language is not English. I would hate for you to insult our nation's heroes by your own ignorance.

Thanks Trichic, and you are right. However, I do right a excellent personal statement which actually get me into 3 PT schools. I have been reading this guys post and he is an *******.

your writing is horrible. i'm sorry but i can't, nor should anyone on here take you seriously.

My writing get me into 3 PT schools. How many schools did you get into with your excellent grammer.

I'm planning to apply to the Army-Baylor program next year, and I was just curious of the "stats" for those who have been admitted to the program. Also, do you have any useful info for applying? Thanks!

I know my response is pretty late (didn't happen across this site until about a week ago).
But the average stats for my class are as follows:

GPA: 3.71
GRE: 1225
Hours: 300ish I think?
Prior service: 9/25 (most of us are direct commission)
Undergrad degrees are pretty diverse- photography, spanish, german, e.s.s., kinesiology, pre-med, anthropology, neuroscience

Last edited:
im currently in the National guard and have been for 5 years. does anyone know if being in the military, active or reserve, has any leverage on admission?

Also have a masters degree....not sure how many other applicants do, so I dont know where that puts me....

Last edited:
@Sapper125: I am prior service Army AD and Reserve, and I did a lot of research and talking with my recruiter regarding the Army - Baylor program. From what I understand having military experience does look good on your application. I could not give you a quantitative value, but I was told that it helps.

Last edited:
thats good to know. i wonder how many people in BaylorBears class of 25 had masters degrees coming in? ive heard of a lot of people coming in right out of undergrad, so I dont know much of an advantage that it either.

It doesn't have as much leverage as you might think. The class admitted last year, if I remember correctly, didn't have any prior service, AD, reserve or NG members. So don't let yourself think it gives you an edge to being admitted, bc it really doesn't...

It doesn't have as much leverage as you might think. The class admitted last year, if I remember correctly, didn't have any prior service, AD, reserve or NG members. So don't let yourself think it gives you an edge to being admitted, bc it really doesn't...

Don't think that's true. Pretty sure ArmySlider got in last year.

my quote was referring to the admitted class of 2011, no the admitted class of 2012

I am going to apply next year for the Army PT program, I am just looking to have a few questions answered by others who have applied/ been accepted. The site is kind of vague on what kind of forms/ documents are a part of the application process, just wondering what kind I should be prepared for.
Also, how does the program work for married couples? Is the housing at the school compatible for them?
I'm sure I will have more questions to come..