Dec 11, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone have the most recent full med school rankings from US News with MCAT scores, undergraduate GPA, acceptance rate, etc.? The website only shows the top 11 med schools for different categorizations of medicine (family practice, internal medicine, etc.). But they charge for it. Is there a better place to get these things for free? Or is it worth paying for?

Jul 18, 2012
I am from the United States of America
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone have the most recent full med school rankings from US News with MCAT scores, undergraduate GPA, acceptance rate, etc.? The website only shows the top 11 med schools for different categorizations of medicine (family practice, internal medicine, etc.). But they charge for it. Is there a better place to get these things for free? Or is it worth paying for?
buy the MSAR. It is much more useful. You don't want to know what the rankings are. The knowledge will only cause harm.

MedPR

Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Podiatry
MSAR is all you need. Costs $20

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Aug 23, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Aren't the rankings based on NIH funding more than anything else?
To rank medical schools based SOLELY on NIH funding would be too specific. If you wanted an MD/PHD program or wanted to solely do research then ranking schools based off of NIH funding ONLY might be appropriate.

However, to rank schools more generally you need to look at residency matching, price, accreditation status, etc.

There are a lot of things to factor in ranking medical schools.

darkjedi

how did this get here I am not good with computer
7+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2009
To rank medical schools based SOLELY on NIH funding would be too specific. If you wanted an MD/PHD program or wanted to solely do research then ranking schools based off of NIH funding ONLY might be appropriate.

However, to rank schools more generally you need to look at residency matching, price, accreditation status, etc.

There are a lot of things to factor in ranking medical schools.
conveniently USNWR tells you exactly how they do it
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/articles/2012/03/12/methodology-medical-school-rankings