USA applicants Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to the FL campus, my status still reads "under review my admissions committee" as well! NewTestament did you get invited for an interview or is that just the date the admissions department gave you?

That's what they told us this week.
 
Does anyones status still show that they are verifying transcripts. Last time I called they said they were nearing the end of the transcript review process but mine is still under review...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyones status still show that they are verifying transcripts. Last time I called they said they were nearing the end of the transcript review process but mine is still under review...

Yes, my status still says that I am undergoing a transcript evaluation.
 
Ok good at least Im not the only one. Last I heard they were down to the final 300 transcripts, a week and a half ago, so hopefully it wont be too much longer
 
Ok good at least Im not the only one. Last I heard they were down to the final 300 transcripts, a week and a half ago, so hopefully it wont be too much longer

If you actually call the campus, they'll redirect you to the DPT program and a person can actually pull up your file to tell you what your status is and if it can be changed. I did that because i was stuck in that verification process 2 weeks ago, called and a lady pulled it up and forwarded it to Erika Forrest and she had my transcript verified by the next day and put it under "review under Comittee". If you call, it's a much faster process
 
If you actually call the campus, they'll redirect you to the DPT program and a person can actually pull up your file to tell you what your status is and if it can be changed. I did that because i was stuck in that verification process 2 weeks ago, called and a lady pulled it up and forwarded it to Erika Forrest and she had my transcript verified by the next day and put it under "review under Comittee". If you call, it's a much faster process

The # to call is 800-241-1027
 
I emailed Erika today and she said that within the next week they will be sending out emails for interviews for all campuses. If you guys don't mind me asking what are all of ya'll stats?

Mine are:
pre-req gpa: 3.53
last 45 hours: 3.35
GRE total: 311
observation hours: 650+ inpatient/outpatient
 
I emailed Erika today and she said that within the next week they will be sending out emails for interviews for all campuses. If you guys don't mind me asking what are all of ya'll stats?

Mine are:
pre-req gpa: 3.53
last 45 hours: 3.35
GRE total: 311
observation hours: 650+ inpatient/outpatient
Would you mind sending me Erika's email please? I have tried to email USA and my email keeps getting returned saying that they aren't accepting emails at this time. Thanks!
 
my application status still says "Your Application is Under Review by our Admissions Committe" I am very anxious to find out
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application status still says that my transcripts are undergoing evaluation...

Call the campus or email Erika Forrest at the email i posted above. She replies within a day and if you email her about it, she'll look it over and probably change it for you.
 
At the most recent interview the OTs and PTs were together, but I do not think you would get in an actual interview group with an OT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would those of you who are getting interview invites mind posting your stats? 😀
 
I got an email invite to the San Marcos campus on the 28th!! Did anyone else hear back yet for San Marcos?
 
I received an e-mail today inviting me to interview at the FL campus on the 28th. It came as a shock because the candidate site still shows me as missing observation hours and PT references. After the deadline hit I stopped badgering individuals to get the documents submitted. That's the one thing I hate about applying...having to rely on others. I'm on the fence as to whether I should interview or not. I guess being invited without the documents is a good sign. I don't know, as I originally said I am really just shocked. Did anyone else receive an invite with outstanding required documents (not courses, documents).
 
d
I received an e-mail today inviting me to interview at the FL campus on the 28th. It came as a shock because the candidate site still shows me as missing observation hours and PT references. After the deadline hit I stopped badgering individuals to get the documents submitted. That's the one thing I hate about applying...having to rely on others. I'm on the fence as to whether I should interview or not. I guess being invited without the documents is a good sign. I don't know, as I originally said I am really just shocked. Did anyone else receive an invite with outstanding required documents (not courses, documents).
Does your invite have a deadline to decline or accept?
 
thanks for the info; the website says. under applicant info that they will still interview with some pending documents/look under admission info in the candidate portal

I know that many people still have courses in progress, but thought they would be more firm with recommendation and observation hour documents. PT school is so competitive and I just as well assumed mine would be written off as an incomplete application package due to the specific items that are missing.
 
I know that many people still have courses in progress, but thought they would be more firm with recommendation and observation hour documents. PT school is so competitive and I just as well assumed mine would be written off as an incomplete application package due to the specific items that are missing.
I think you can be missing one PT recommendation; I was having a hard time locating all of my recommendations also; and after calling they found the emails
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i haven't been checking the website regularly, but after receiving the interview invite looked and noticed it has changed and now states "You have been invited to interview for admission. Please contact us if you have not received your email invitation within 2 business days." I submitted the application and fee 21 Oct and have had the other documents trickling in since.
 
did your status on the website change too? when did you apply?

Yeah my status reads "you have been invited for an interview. If you do not receive an email within 2 business days, please contact us".

I applied around December 10th. It shouldn't matter when you applied. It just depends whether or not your application is under review. Try contacting Erika Forrest at "[email protected]" if your app is still "verification in process"
 
Yeah my status reads "you have been invited for an interview. If you do not receive an email within 2 business days, please contact us".

I applied around December 10th. It shouldn't matter when you applied. It just depends whether or not your application is under review. Try contacting Erika Forrest at "[email protected]" if your app is still "verification in process"

what if mine still says "application under review" ?