USA applicants Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did your status change on your My USA portal?

Yes, my status changed to "you have been invited for an interview......" Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Would those of you who are getting interview invites mind posting your stats? :D

Sure, here it goes..
Degree: University of Florida - B.S. in Psychology
Undergrad Cum.: 3.32(PTCAS)
Post Bac.: 4.0(PTCAS)
PreReq.: 3.39 (PTCAS)
Last 45: 3.55(PTCAS)
Volunteer Hours: 100plus

Good Luck, did you get an interview yet? Which campus did you apply to?

what if mine still says "application under review" ?

That just means they're still reviewing applicants. I'm sure you should hear back sometime next week. I don't tbjnk they've sent out all the interviews because they said we need to reply by feb 14th with our decision to accept the interview or not. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good Luck, did you get an interview yet? Which campus did you apply to?

Thank you! Not yet... I applied to Austin campus so I think I should hear next week. I think you were on the alternate list for GRU like me right? I'm hoping that USA has similar taste in who they invite to interview! Best of luck to you!

I received an email Friday for an interview at the St. Augustine campus. Does anyone know how many people they interview?

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email Friday for an interview at the St. Augustine campus. Does anyone know how many people they interview?

At my interview for the FL campus it was around 110 and 80 were PT. I do know that the Fall cycle does have more applicants but I do not think this number would be much higher than 120.

Thank you! Not yet... I applied to Austin campus so I think I should hear next week. I think you were on the alternate list for GRU like me right? I'm hoping that USA has similar taste in who they invite to interview! Best of luck to you!

Yes, I hope you get an interview at St. Augustine. I am on the alternate list at GRU, but don't feel very hopeful about it

I hope you get the interview! And yes, I am on the alternate list at GRU. You have a way...better chance getting off the list than I do. Let's just say that I'm pretty far down on the list...lol. I would think that you will get in to GRU considering your position on the list. Have you heard from them yet?

Oops, I didn't mean to reply twice!

My USA portal still says "under review by admissions committee?" Anyone else? Hopefully positive news comes soon

which campus did you guys apply to? if it was texas i think their interview is a week later than san marcos so the timeline is probably different for invites

which campus did you guys apply to? if it was texas i think their interview is a week later than san marcos so the timeline is probably different for invites
San Marcos....I called admissions and was told they were still reviewing apps??????

The FL campus. They also said apps are still in progress

Members don't see this ad :)
San Marcos....I called admissions and was told they were still reviewing apps??????

If that's the case then i'm sure that they haven't sent all the interview invitations out yet! Hopefully you can get an interview though! I know how stressful it is to wait....preparing for these interviews by going over all the questions and possible essays is pretty nerve wracking.

good luck!

Does anyone now how soon after the interview we will find out about acceptances?

Does anyone now how soon after the interview we will find out about acceptances?
The admissions tab on your My USA portal has answers to some frequently asked questions and I believe it said around 3 weeks?

Last edited:
Finally under review by committee. I was probably the last one haha. Hope that means we will be hearing back from Austin soon

I applied to USA for Austin too and my status yesterday said it was still undergoing transcript review. Today the status page says "There was a problem updating data from the stage_history_tran table: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types." Don't quite know what that means but I hope it's just their website being weird. The wait is killing me!

Dont worry, I am on the same boat as you. Im still under review and i contacted the admissions office two days ago and they said they are still considering applications, or stil working on getting some decisions out. So hopefully that means good news
for those on the same boat. I feel we probably wont know till Friday. Let me know if you hear anything from them! =]

I received an email for an interview in Austin!:) anyone else?!

Ps I sent my application in early September and my application has been saying it's under review for a while now but my status changed to the whole interview invite one now. Just saying that my app was probably one of the first ones in, processed and looked at.

Reactions: 2 users
I really hope I get an interview. My status has not changed, still says "Your Application is Under Review by our Admissions Committe." Applied to the San Marcos campus. Hopefully, they are not done giving out interview invitations. Crossing my fingers

I really hope I get an interview. My status has not changed, still says "Your Application is Under Review by our Admissions Committe." Applied to the San Marcos campus. Hopefully, they are not done giving out interview invitations. Crossing my fingers

Yea same here, I am applying for the San Marcos campus, but they still are reviewing the applications. Although from many that have gotten an interview say their deadline to accept the interview is this Friday. I am not sure how they are still reviewing the apps... =/

Got an interview invitation last night at the Austin campus!

Yea same here, I am applying for the San Marcos campus, but they still are reviewing the applications. Although from many that have gotten an interview say their deadline to accept the interview is this Friday. I am not sure how they are still reviewing the apps... =/

I think they could be just seeing who rejects the interview invitations and then seeing who else they could possibly invite to the San Marcos Campus? I got my invite last Friday so I'm not really sure how this all works either :/ But hopefully you guys get an interview! Praying for you guys :)

Reactions: 4 users
I just received an interview this morning for the San Marcos campus! Im sure many of you will be hearing very soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Those who have gotten an interview at the Austin campus, do you need to respond by February 21?

I just received an interview this morning for the San Marcos campus! Im sure many of you will be hearing very soon!
Congrats! I still have not heard anything. Would you mind sharing you pre-req GPA? This is what I think might be holding me up.

Congrats! I still have not heard anything. Would you mind sharing you pre-req GPA? This is what I think might be holding me up.
My pre-req GPA is 3.54
What is your pre-req if you dont mind me asking.?
The reason I am asking is that in the past people who got accepted, or an interview has had lower Pre-reqs than the one I have. Also, I've heard from people who didn't get interviews in the past, got waitlisted for interviews, but in the following semester they got an interview and were accepted. I feel the supporting documents make a big difference; essays, resume, observation hours and your recommendation. You are still in the game! Especially if your status says your app is under review.

Last edited:
My pre-req GPA is 3.54
What is your pre-req if you dont mind asking.?
The reason I am asking is that in the past people who got accepted, or an interview has had lower Pre-reqs than the one I have. Also, I've heard from people who didn't get interviews in the past, got waitlisted for interviews, but in the following semester they got an interview and were accepted. I feel the supporting documents make a big difference; essays, resume, observation hours and your recommendation. You are still in the game! Especially if your status says your app is under review.
3.21 pre- req, 3.62 last 45, and 300 GRE... still have one class in progress; my status says I am still under review but this waiting is killing me:)

Anybody still have "Undergoing Admissions Review" in their portal?

Anybody still have "Undergoing Admissions Review" in their portal?
As far as the status, although I received an interview, my status didnt change in the portal. They notified me through email. Good Luck! I hope you hear good news from them soon!

Positive thoughts to all applicants! I was wondering if there was a facebook group or anything of that sort. It would be cool to get to meet some of you :)

I tried to message you but it wont let me on your profile- nothing has changed, my portal still reads under review... anyone get any e-mail's friday or today?

Finally got an email today saying I am wait listed :-/ Hopefully enough people decide to go elsewhere

Finally got an email today saying I am wait listed :-/ Hopefully enough people decide to go elsewhere
Bummer! I'll cross my fingers for you! Which campus?

Did they say what number you were on the wait list? I got the same email today but no details on how they rank the wait list

Did they say what number you were on the wait list? I got the same email today but no details on how they rank the wait list

Are you applying for Fall?

I dont know if they even rank the pre-interview waitlist. At this point I'm just gonna assume there wont be that many people who decline