USA applicants Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't seem to find you on Facebook when I search for your name.
Sorry! Lol I forgot my name is Steff Tasha on FB, add me as a friend and I can add you to the group!

Members don't see this ad.

Made the FB group USA DPT Fall 2014- Austin, you should be able search and find it now

Salanna, I just added you on Facebook. I went to join the group, but couldn't find it. My name is Mike, just so you don't get weirded out by some random guy who lives in Albuquerque that added you on Facebook lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Salanna, I just added you on Facebook. I went to join the group, but couldn't find it. My name is Mike, just so you don't get weirded out by some random guy who lives in Albuquerque that added you on Facebook lol
Lol okay I just added you to the group :)

Reactions: 1 user
Savanna, I just added you on Facebook as well! I couldn't find the group either. (My name is Kenny)

So I just checked my portal to make sure that my tuition deposit and Enrollment Agreement forms had been received and checked off my to-do list (which they have), but I just noticed there are 3 more things they need from me:

1) TX Form PS-005 (2 pages)
2) TX Form PS-010 (2 pages)
3) My final transcript showing proof that I completed my final few pre-reqs -- this was expected

My question is this: does anyone know what forms they're referring to? I'm assuming the TX is in reference to the fact I was accepted to the Austin, TX campus, but I don't know anything about the forms in question.

Anyone (maybe NewTestament or someone else) have any info to offer on the matter? Thanks in advance.

I asked them what those forms were and they told me I would get them through email.
So I just checked my portal to make sure that my tuition deposit and Enrollment Agreement forms had been received and checked off my to-do list (which they have), but I just noticed there are 3 more things they need from me:

1) TX Form PS-005 (2 pages)
2) TX Form PS-010 (2 pages)
3) My final transcript showing proof that I completed my final few pre-reqs -- this was expected

My question is this: does anyone know what forms they're referring to? I'm assuming the TX is in reference to the fact I was accepted to the Austin, TX campus, but I don't know anything about the forms in question.

Anyone (maybe NewTestament or someone else) have any info to offer on the matter? Thanks in advance.

I received an invitation for interview at the USA Austin campus for the DPT Fall 2014 program on May 16. Would anyone like to share their thoughts on the Austin program and its curriculum/faculty. Also any advice for the interview?

I received an invitation for interview at the USA Austin campus for the DPT Fall 2014 program on May 16. Would anyone like to share their thoughts on the Austin program and its curriculum/faculty. Also any advice for the interview?

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit/interview there. All the faculty that I dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful and were trying to do everything they could to make us feel at ease. The day consists of a campus tour (which consists of one building), a writing/essay portion, and the interview. The order in which you do those things depends on what group you are placed in to (red, blue, or green). I only have one other school in which to compare USA-Austin to, but USA-Austin blew it out of the water in just about every aspect except for campus size (lol). This other school the students didn't seem very excited about what they were doing and ALL they talked about was how much work it was, how difficult the program was, and how you'll never see your friends/family while in school. I understand that most of that is true, as PT school is not a cake walk and requires lots of studying/work, but is that really all you should be talking about to potential candidates during the tour after we've already interviewed? I think not.

There is plenty of information on this forum regarding the type of questions they ask you not only in the actual interview process, but also in the essay portion. The interview itself was very laid back. My interview was me and 2 other candidates sitting across a desk from 2 faculty members. It lasted about 30-45 minutes, but it flew by. The feel of the interview was very conversational and after the first question, I got settled in and became very comfortable with the faculty members as well as my fellow interviewees.

My advice to you would be to do a little homework and look up the question lists on this forums to give yourself an idea as what to expect in a general sense. Also, dress professionally (most males wore suits and ties, most females wore pant suits, etc.) and do your best to be relaxed and show some of your personality.

I'm assuming they're doing a second round of interviews as about 65ish of us interviewed on March 7th (myself included) and a few of us are have already been accepted and paid our tuition deposits and even made a Facebook group (myself included).

Good luck at your interview! The hardest part is already done, if you can get an interview at USA, you have a really good shot at getting accepted!

For those who live in LA or OC area, where did you guys do your drug screening?

Members don't see this ad :)

Call them. That's my only advice. I never had to send those forms since I wasn't a resident of Texas when I was accepted.

Call them. That's my only advice. I never had to send those forms since I wasn't a resident of Texas when I was accepted.

Thanks for replying, they just emailed the forms today with instructions on how to fill them out and submit them. So it's all worked out.

Does anyone know if its possible for USA Austin campus to do phone interviews? I currently have an interview scheduled for May 16th. I am in a bit of a dilemma because the only school that I've been accepted to so far starts on May 19th. I would much rather attend USA Austin, but I would hate to have to pay the tuition to this other school and then find out a week after my May 16th interview that I am accepted to USA Austin. I would hope that under these circumstances USA would grant me the opportunity for an earlier phone interview. Does anyone have any advice or know of anyone I can contact or call at USA Austin to discuss this situation with and hopefully get it resolved.

At our FL interview they said you could get $400 of the $500 back if you had to pull out for whatever reason. You may not want to part with the $100 but I wouldn't mindpersonally. It may be worth it to secure a spot vs having no spot.

Does anyone know if its possible for USA Austin campus to do phone interviews? I currently have an interview scheduled for May 16th. I am in a bit of a dilemma because the only school that I've been accepted to so far starts on May 19th. I would much rather attend USA Austin, but I would hate to have to pay the tuition to this other school and then find out a week after my May 16th interview that I am accepted to USA Austin. I would hope that under these circumstances USA would grant me the opportunity for an earlier phone interview. Does anyone have any advice or know of anyone I can contact or call at USA Austin to discuss this situation with and hopefully get it resolved.
Hey I called asking what my options were as far as the May 16th interview date as well. For me, it's the date of my college graduation. I talked to Heather and she said since it's the last interview date there's nothing they can do. I didn't specifically ask about a phone interview though. I would just talk to her, good luck!

Does anyone know how many people the Austin campus are interviewing and for how many open spots on May 16th? I have a program I am already accepted to which starts on May 19th, but would like to attend USA Austin, but I am hesitant to attend this interview session if there are many people interviewing for only a few spots

Hey everyone,
i just became a member of SDN but ive been following all of the posts.
I was placed on the waitlist for Fall 2014 San Marcos campus and just got accepted ! Im very excited to say the least !
i dont have a facebook but add me on instagram Hovaa22!

Has anyone received a notification that they have been accepted off of the wait list for the fall 2014 DPT class on the St. Augustine campus?

Is anyone looking for potential roommates for the San Marcos, CA DPT program? I'm looking for 2 other roommates to find a place to live. PM me if youre looking for roommates too!

Anyone knows what textbooks are used in the Massage and soft tissue palpation class? Thank you!

I am currently a student at USA-ATX and I have not even opened my book for massage... In Austin they provide so much information on the online portal I would not be in a big rush to get all your text books. That here in Texas, I don't know about the other locations.
dalingil, what would you suggest us to do about textbooks? How long should/can we wait before buying books? Is there a way to tell if we get enough information on the portal? Any advice would be highly appreciated!

dalingil, what would you suggest us to do about textbooks? How long should/can we wait before buying books? Is there a way to tell if we get enough information on the portal? Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Buy a good anatomy atlas but don't buy anything else my 1st trimester. Some of the required books are available on the e-library.

For those without lodging in Saint Augustine, the Pirate Haus Hostel rents nice bunks for $20 a night next to Flagler College. Thats what I'll be doing!