-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USA Flex DPT Fall 2014 Applicants
Started by PrePT Shadburn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you would get accepted! How many people were there at the interview?Just got my acceptance today!!!!! I hope everyone else in my interview did as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard from one person having a phone interview. It was one year ago. But someone else posted later that they did not let her do a phone interview.Has anyone heard of anyone having a phone interview because they live far away????
Hey Nathan M,My interview was on May 31st. They actually just asked how the group prepared/performed in online classes and wanted to see how the group interacted with each other.
I was wondering if you could elaborate a little on how the interview was. My main question is- were you interviewed with other candidates at the same time? If so, were questions asked so that everyone shared the question and one went after the other? Were the questions the typical DPT intro questions? Thank you
The interview was great, there was a total of 15 people, 11 for flex dpt and 4 for flex OT. They seperated us into groups of 3s then my group went to interview with Dr. Grant, she's very nice and you can tell how passionate she is about the field.
We were asked questions like;
"Tell me about yourself"then a follow up question was "how did you decide on PT".
She asked about 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
Do we think professionalism is important and why
And conflicts in our experience and why would we have done to change it.
And that's about it the rest was like a conversation and asking her questions.
The building is great, everyone was super nice and friendly and my essay was; what have we learned about patient and physical therapist interactions and also what skills did you gain from your experience and how will it better prepare you for the future as a PT.
After the interview Dr. Grant invited us 3 to see her lecture she had so I went downstairs and saw her S3 class for manual therapy. It was awesome! Hopefully I get in, I can't wait to start!
We were asked questions like;
"Tell me about yourself"then a follow up question was "how did you decide on PT".
She asked about 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
Do we think professionalism is important and why
And conflicts in our experience and why would we have done to change it.
And that's about it the rest was like a conversation and asking her questions.
The building is great, everyone was super nice and friendly and my essay was; what have we learned about patient and physical therapist interactions and also what skills did you gain from your experience and how will it better prepare you for the future as a PT.
After the interview Dr. Grant invited us 3 to see her lecture she had so I went downstairs and saw her S3 class for manual therapy. It was awesome! Hopefully I get in, I can't wait to start!
The interview was great, there was a total of 15 people, 11 for flex dpt and 4 for flex OT. They seperated us into groups of 3s then my group went to interview with Dr. Grant, she's very nice and you can tell how passionate she is about the field.
We were asked questions like;
"Tell me about yourself"then a follow up question was "how did you decide on PT".
She asked about 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
Do we think professionalism is important and why
And conflicts in our experience and why would we have done to change it.
And that's about it the rest was like a conversation and asking her questions.
The building is great, everyone was super nice and friendly and my essay was; what have we learned about patient and physical therapist interactions and also what skills did you gain from your experience and how will it better prepare you for the future as a PT.
After the interview Dr. Grant invited us 3 to see her lecture she had so I went downstairs and saw her S3 class for manual therapy. It was awesome! Hopefully I get in, I can't wait to start!
Hello Ctoyos, thanks for all the information and hope you get in! Were you nervous? How did the other two students with you perform? Also, Did the other two students take your answers, when asked a specific question first? Thanks!
Thanks Dragon416,
Yes definitely, I was freaking out and have had trouble sleeping all last week from the nerves... I got tongue twisted on the first question but was able to relax after that and everything went great. The other two students did very well too in my opinion, we all had different answers and life experiences as they had kids and I did not. They did not really use my answers but when asked the weaknesses, the interviewer used herself as an example and it was one of my weaknesses, so I agreed with her and then elaborated on past experiences that I have been working on to fix that weakness (like turning a weakness into a strength).
Yes definitely, I was freaking out and have had trouble sleeping all last week from the nerves... I got tongue twisted on the first question but was able to relax after that and everything went great. The other two students did very well too in my opinion, we all had different answers and life experiences as they had kids and I did not. They did not really use my answers but when asked the weaknesses, the interviewer used herself as an example and it was one of my weaknesses, so I agreed with her and then elaborated on past experiences that I have been working on to fix that weakness (like turning a weakness into a strength).
Thanks Ctoyos... and best of luck on getting in 🙂 Sounds like you had a great interview and most importantly you enjoyed being there.The interview was great, there was a total of 15 people, 11 for flex dpt and 4 for flex OT. They seperated us into groups of 3s then my group went to interview with Dr. Grant, she's very nice and you can tell how passionate she is about the field.
We were asked questions like;
"Tell me about yourself"then a follow up question was "how did you decide on PT".
She asked about 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses
Do we think professionalism is important and why
And conflicts in our experience and why would we have done to change it.
And that's about it the rest was like a conversation and asking her questions.
The building is great, everyone was super nice and friendly and my essay was; what have we learned about patient and physical therapist interactions and also what skills did you gain from your experience and how will it better prepare you for the future as a PT.
After the interview Dr. Grant invited us 3 to see her lecture she had so I went downstairs and saw her S3 class for manual therapy. It was awesome! Hopefully I get in, I can't wait to start!
Did you have to write an essay?
Thanks Dragon416,
Yes definitely, I was freaking out and have had trouble sleeping all last week from the nerves... I got tongue twisted on the first question but was able to relax after that and everything went great. The other two students did very well too in my opinion, we all had different answers and life experiences as they had kids and I did not. They did not really use my answers but when asked the weaknesses, the interviewer used herself as an example and it was one of my weaknesses, so I agreed with her and then elaborated on past experiences that I have been working on to fix that weakness (like turning a weakness into a strength).
Thank you for the information Ctoyos and let us know if you got in!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All candidates were interviewed at the same time. After a question was asked each person was able to answer. It was more like how well did you interact with your potential classmates. We only had about 3-4 questions that the interviewers asked and the rest was just interviewees elaborating on the questions. Keep doing your research. I am sure you will do well.Hey Nathan M,
I was wondering if you could elaborate a little on how the interview was. My main question is- were you interviewed with other candidates at the same time? If so, were questions asked so that everyone shared the question and one went after the other? Were the questions the typical DPT intro questions? Thank you
Thank you so much... I really appreciate all the info you are passing on. I am guessing it was a relaxed environment??? Oh and ....ALL THE BEST 🙂All candidates were interviewed at the same time. After a question was asked each person was able to answer. It was more like how well did you interact with your potential classmates. We only had about 3-4 questions that the interviewers asked and the rest was just interviewees elaborating on the questions. Keep doing your research. I am sure you will do well.
Yes there is! Search "Saint Augustine DPT Flex Fall 2014 FL"
My essay question was: "what 3 principles do you feel a PT should possess and why. Give examples of how you posses these qualities." Knowing what principles are defined as is important here. Practice handwriting an essay. This will benefit you well as my hand starting cramping toward the end! Also be sure to review examples of one-on-one verbal questions that have been asked and be sure to create your own unique answers, but be honest as your passion will shine through. My interviewer did not settle for short answers and had us elaborate each answer, especially if our answers were similar. My 3-person group did really well. Our vibe was positive and we meshed nicely, which was attributed to by our interviewer. He was great and didn't put the pressure on fully until the end. This was my successful experience, I hope you all do well and look forward to seeing you in class!
For my interview I arrived in Saint Augustine 3 days before my interview so i could take in the city, the ocean and acclimate myself to the surroundings. This settled my nerves and I went for a nice beach run the morning of. This was effective in preparing me mentally. Studying on the beach was nice and relaxing!
They gave us a 2 week window. Some heard back quickly and others heard back later. Not sure what basis the time is set upon. I think its random and judged on the whose file is at the top of the pile when the admissions committee meets.
They one I listed is only for the FL campus. If there isnt one for the CA campus you should create one!
That's a great idea to arrive a few days early.... Thank you again for giving so much information... It really helps to hear from people who have gone through the interview process and of course to hear from current students...For my interview I arrived in Saint Augustine 3 days before my interview so i could take in the city, the ocean and acclimate myself to the surroundings. This settled my nerves and I went for a nice beach run the morning of. This was effective in preparing me mentally. Studying on the beach was nice and relaxing!
All the best and I truly hope to meet all of you on campus 🙂
I don't think there is.What about a facebook page for the California Flex Fall DPT class? Or is it for both?
Have you guys heard anything from USA recently? Maybe they sent you our Fall schedule or something? And for those who applied for loans and got approved, do we need to do anything else at this point? Or are we just waiting for further instructions from the USA?
Just make sure you fill out the Fasfa and do the interview on USAs website
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Syllabi should be received after all the financial aid is taken care of If I remember correctly.
Got it!
Carlos try looking us up or friending me.
Oh yea, lol. Seth Shadburn
I get accepted!!!! Woo! Shadburn add me on facebook and send me an invite to the class page, I couldn't find it lol. My name is Carlos Toyos
Congratulations! Thank you for keeping us up to date! Good luck to your future endeavors!
Wooohooo... Congrats.....I tried looking it up but no luck, what's your full name so I can search for you
and all the best to all of you, I bet you are all very excited 🙂
Wooohooo... Congrats.....
and all the best to all of you, I bet you are all very excited 🙂
Hey Gillies, does your status still say " undergoing a transcript evaluation"?
It does..... Yours?
I am thinking it may change after this week....
Yes, I have been like a hawk circling a dead moose on the site lol.
I was there bro, I did the same thing!
Syllabi should be received after all the financial aid is taken care of If I remember correctly.[/QUOTE
Thanks! Have you received the syllabi? My financial aid was set up about 2-3 weeks ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not received any type of syllabus or schedule yet, hoping to get something soon so I can schedule some races and vacations.
Are you in the full time or Flex?What is everyone doing for housing at the San Marcos campus?
For those without lodging in Saint Augustine, the Pirate Haus Hostel rents nice bunks for $20 a night next to Flagler College. Thats what I'll be doing!
I'm sure all of my fellow applicants are excited, nervous, and have questions about the admissions process! Post questions and inquiries here and we will all work together to help fill the gaps. I live in Atlanta, GA currently, work at Shepherd Center as a PT Aid, and have applied to the 2014 Fall Flex DPT program, hence the title! I received an email from admissions saying that invites will be sent around mid April, which is different from the full-time program's process. Well, good luck everyone! Any details on the Flex program rhetoric would be welcomed here as well! 🙂
Hi, I am interested in the Flex DPT program in Florida. For acceptance into this program, which GPA do they look at? Is it ONLY the course pre-requisite GPA which includes the classes of: college biology 1, college biology 2, college chemistry 1, college chemistry 2, physics 1, physics 2, anatomy and physiology 1, anatomy and physiology 2, psychology, sociology, anthropology?
They don't consider putting much weight for accepting students based on cumulative and science GPA right (as this is not mentioned in the admissions requirements)?
Please let me know your sincere advice.