-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USA Flex DPT Fall 2014 Applicants
Started by PrePT Shadburn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No there were about 25-30 people there thank God, haha! We were broken up into groups of 3 and interviewed just as other interviewees have described previously. Luckily I was in the group that wrote the essays first so having that out of the way was nice during my small-group interview!
Got my acceptance email on Tu! (For CA campus.) So Nathan M, I hope you will get your interview invite in about a month!🙂Thanks for the info. When I went to the open house they said that the San Marcos campus accepts around 15 students for flex, but this is different for each campus. Admissions said that they would probably have another interview in late spring/summer, but I thought this answer was very vague.
easb, how did the other people there perform in there interviews? Did you get any info from any other interviewees? Did they give you a time frame when you should hear back if you get accepted? I hope you get in!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too! Accepted into the FL program! How exciting! Congratulations!
I'll start a Facebook page so we can keep in touch
RLD, what's your name on Facebook?
I applied/interviewed for Flex MOT for St. Augustine, but I've been checking on this thread for updates. Congratulations! I was accepted for the FL program today too, and it sounds like the DPTs and MOTs have a few classes together to start out!Me too! Accepted into the FL program! How exciting! Congratulations!
Its Saint Augustine DPT Flex Fall 2014 FL
RLD, what's your name on Facebook?
Last edited:
Congratulations everyone, I was accepted also! Can't wait for September 4th. I live in Jacksonville, Fl. I do not have an active fb account but here is my email address: [email protected]
Thats awesome! Congratulations Courtney!!! We are trying out the Facebook Group feature for sharing files, sharing links, and discussing subjects. I haven't yet found a better option for doing all of this but we are ALWAYS open to input! Creating a Facebook simply for the class purpose is a great option! Let one of us know if you do so we can get you in the group page! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats awesome! Congratulations Courtney!!! We are trying out the Facebook Group feature for sharing files, sharing links, and discussing subjects. I haven't yet found a better option for doing all of this but we are ALWAYS open to input! Creating a Facebook simply for the class purpose is a great option! Let one of us know if you do so we can get you in the group page! 🙂
Is the FB group closed? I can't seem to find it. If so, can you add me? My name is Stephen Argitis. Thanks.
Ill send you an invite and a friend request Stephen. No worries.
I did not have any problems. Did it last week at night, it went though quickly.Have any of you had trouble paying the $500 seat deposit online?? It lets me fill out all my info and then when I click "continue" it doesn't do anything. I emailed Erika Forest, waiting for response but thought I would check here for help too 🙂
No problems here either, even received a confirmation email shortly after making the payment and the next day my "Folder Items" were updated showing payment received.
Hey everyone.. I hope you guys are still checking out this blog. I have a few questions if you don't mind. I am thinking about applying to the St. Augustin DPT Flex program and was wondering where you will be doing clinicals ? I also read something about writing an essay during the interview, can someone elaborate on that?I'm sure all of my fellow applicants are excited, nervous, and have questions about the admissions process! Post questions and inquiries here and we will all work together to help fill the gaps. I live in Atlanta, GA currently, work at Shepherd Center as a PT Aid, and have applied to the 2014 Fall Flex DPT program, hence the title! I received an email from admissions saying that invites will be sent around mid April, which is different from the full-time program's process. Well, good luck everyone! Any details on the Flex program rhetoric would be welcomed here as well! 🙂
Thank you so much,
Gillies
For clinicals, they say you can be sent anywhere in the US. If you have a kid (or other serious circumstances) and cannot go to a different location, you have a good chance to get clinicals in the area. They also say that you cannot pick up a facility that is not on their list (unless you are going to do clinicals overseas). You can do clinicals overseas if you speak the language of that country.Hey everyone.. I hope you guys are still checking out this blog. I have a few questions if you don't mind. I am thinking about applying to the St. Augustin DPT Flex program and was wondering where you will be doing clinicals ? I also read something about writing an essay during the interview, can someone elaborate on that?
Thank you so much,
Gillies
I see... That is really awesome. Thank you so much 🙂For clinicals, they say you can be sent anywhere in the US. If you have a kid (or other serious circumstances) and cannot go to a different location, you have a good chance to get clinicals in the area. They also say that you cannot pick up a facility that is not on their list (unless you are going to do clinicals overseas). You can do clinicals overseas if you speak the language of that country.
Have they said anything about being able to do gross anatomy?
Gillies, the essay consisted of a random question that they ask for you to answer truthfully, or in your own view. They give you 30 min to hand write the essay. It wasn't bad. I enjoyed it.
I see.... thank you for the feedback.. I am sorry for having so many questions, but this program is so non-traditional, so I am just hoping to find out what actual students have to say.Gillies, the essay consisted of a random question that they ask for you to answer truthfully, or in your own view. They give you 30 min to hand write the essay. It wasn't bad. I enjoyed it.
I will apply by June 15 2014... It actually seems like the perfect program for non-traditional students who have a job.....
Any other info is greatly appreciated and all the best.
🙂
Last edited:
I have not heard anything about gross anatomy. But I did ask them if there is any difference in labs for full-time and part-time students. Basically, labs are the same: the same number of hours, the same curriculum, etc. There can be minor differences, like we'll have different instructors (because those who teach Mon-Fri do not teach on weekends - something like that).I see... That is really awesome. Thank you so much 🙂
Have they said anything about being able to do gross anatomy?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will!Anyone will attend the Flex DPT this Fall at the USA San Marcos campus?
I will!
We will be in the same class. Have you received any information about the registration or found any info about the class syllabus?
Congratulations on your acceptance!!!We will be in the same class. Have you received any information about the registration or found any info about the class syllabus?
I have not received any information from USA yet. I did email them a couple of weeks ago asking about our class schedule and medical requirements (like vaccinations, etc.). They told me they would send us a packet soon with all that information and they had not sent it out yet.
Have you applied for Stafford loan? If you have, please, let me know when you get approved/ hear back from them.
Like all DPT programs the chance of scoring an interview and being accepted is low due to the high number of applicants and low number of available slots. That being said I don't know if they would look at an application that didn't meet the minimum requirements. However, if you explain your situation concerning the disability accommodations you may have agood chance especially with your high GPAs! Its always worth an email to admissions, they are beyond helpful. They seem to understand the importance of a well rounded applicant. Practice your essays, build your observation hours, and even consider retaking the GRE, even though it may be stressful to even think about. Its a small sacrifice to achieve your dream. Good luck!
I asked them already and they said just apply because they take all the applications into consideration and I wrote out a pretty good letter explaining myself of my disability accommodations. They also said that the flex program is less competitive than the on campus one and they have accepted applicants below the gre minimum. Thank you so much for the advice!
Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a while now as I was in the application process, and just today I received an email for an invitation to the interview in the St. Augustine campus this June 21st!
I would love to hear any tips or if anyone could post a link to interview questions that would be great. And if anyone else got into the June 21st interview, I'm driving up from Miami
I would love to hear any tips or if anyone could post a link to interview questions that would be great. And if anyone else got into the June 21st interview, I'm driving up from Miami
My GRE score was above the minimum, my GPA was right at the minimum, however, I do have a friend that was accepted last year and her GRE score was close to yours. So definitely still apply and good luck!I asked them already and they said just apply because they take all the applications into consideration and I wrote out a pretty good letter explaining myself of my disability accommodations. They also said that the flex program is less competitive than the on campus one and they have accepted applicants below the gre minimum. Thank you so much for the advice!
My GRE score was above the minimum, my GPA was right at the minimum, however, I do have a friend that was accepted last year and her GRE score was close to yours. So definitely still apply and good luck!
Thank you so much for the advice! This gives me hope! I did apply and now it's the waiting game.
Hey guys, my GRE is also not the greatest.. I am just finishing up my application, actually I am waiting for my observation hours and letters of recommendation to trickle in... Anyway, does anyone have anything to say about being a Flex program student.... for example how are the few days in class, how do you manage your time at home studying?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my acceptance today!!!!! I hope everyone else in my interview did as well.
Congrats!