USA Jobs application questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spacegiraffe

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here, so apologies if this is not the correct place to ask these questions. I'm working on my USA Jobs application for a federal internship site (FMC Devens) and just have a couple of questions about it that I'm wondering if anyone can answer:

1) Are we required to submit confirmation of AAPI completion AND proof of APPIC Match registration? Or is confirmation of match registration sufficient? None of my AAPI emails have the site name in them, so not sure how to submit confirmation of AAPI completion for Devens specifically.
2) If the transcript we're submitting indicates our current and future enrollment (i.e., mine shows that I'm currently registered for 9 credits and 9 credits in Spring 2021), is additional verification of enrollment required?

Thanks in advance for any insight into these questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I'm also working an a USA Jobs application and have found it pretty confusing. My understanding from the email I got from my program was that proof of the match was sufficient, however since the posting said "and" I combined my confirmation of AAPI completion with the match confirmation email into one PDF. It doesn't say the site, but I don't see any way around that.

I'm not sure about the transcript question. I plan to submit both my transcript and an enrollment verification, mainly because I am only enrolled for a few credits and worry they might doubt that it is truly considered half time.

What do you plan to do for the resume? I edited my CV to include dates as they request and hours per week, but it is quite long so I wonder if that is what they want.

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing input from others!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there! I'm also working an a USA Jobs application and have found it pretty confusing. My understanding from the email I got from my program was that proof of the match was sufficient, however since the posting said "and" I combined my confirmation of AAPI completion with the match confirmation email into one PDF. It doesn't say the site, but I don't see any way around that.

I'm not sure about the transcript question. I plan to submit both my transcript and an enrollment verification, mainly because I am only enrolled for a few credits and worry they might doubt that it is truly considered half time.

What do you plan to do for the resume? I edited my CV to include dates as they request and hours per week, but it is quite long so I wonder if that is what they want.

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing input from others!
That all makes sense, thank you very much! I did the same thing for the resume - just formatted the dates and added hours per week. I am not personally concerned with the length but curious to hear others’ opinions on that as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can always attach more documents/info and if HR doesn't need it, they will ignore it. Probably better safe than sorry.

My understanding is that they want dates/hours to assist with the eventual (and lengthy) background check for federal onboarding so include accurate info for education enrollment, employment, etc. As far as I know, they couldn't care less what conferences you've presented at or what extracurricular trainings you've obtained but you can just leave your CV as is and let the HR folks sort through it.

My understanding from the email I got from my program was that proof of the match was sufficient, however since the posting said "and" I combined my confirmation of AAPI completion with the match confirmation email into one PDF.
Hopefully somebody else can clarify the APPI/APPIC match registration proof needed but that seems like it would do the trick.

Hey! Does anyone know how to upload additional documents to the program specific application? So I know we can upload whatever we want to USA jobs, but when we were transferred to the specific page we have very limited opportunity for uploads. Do we know that if we upload additional documents on USA jobs they will get access to it?

Thanks so much.

Hey! Does anyone know how to upload additional documents to the program specific application? So I know we can upload whatever we want to USA jobs, but when we were transferred to the specific page we have very limited opportunity for uploads. Do we know that if we upload additional documents on USA jobs they will get access to it?

Thanks so much.
Once it sends you over to the federal prisons site it will ask you what documents from usajobs you want to attach. You can only put one thing under "other" however so I combined my enrollment verification and transcripts into one pdf.

Thanks for starting this thread! It's been very helpful. Does anyone know if we are required to submit undergraduate transcripts? Or do they just want grad school transcripts?

Hi all, does anyone know where on the application we are supposed to indicate which sites have invited us to proceed? The email I received from Training Directors said to indicate that, but I don't see a place to do so on the USAJobs application.

Relatedly, anyone know if all BoP sites have extended offers to proceed at this point? I'm assuming yes based on the application opening, but wanted to double check before I submit the USAJobs app.

Thank you!

Hi all, does anyone know where on the application we are supposed to indicate which sites have invited us to proceed? The email I received from Training Directors said to indicate that, but I don't see a place to do so on the USAJobs application.

Relatedly, anyone know if all BoP sites have extended offers to proceed at this point? I'm assuming yes based on the application opening, but wanted to double check before I submit the USAJobs app.

Thank you!
After the usajobs application it will send you to the BOP application where you can check off which sites.

Formatting issues? I am using the resume builder but my publications appear all jumbled when I get to the BOP site - they essentially don't start on a new line. I already did the plain text thing they recommended and it's still not working. Suggestions? thanks all!

If anyone here matched BOP/has interned BOP, do you know what the physical exam entails?

• Drag a 75-pound dummy 3 minutes continuously for a minimum of 694 feet
  • Climb rungs of a ladder and retrieve an item within 7 seconds
  • Run one-fourth mile and apply handcuffs within 2 minutes and 35 seconds
  • Climb up and down 108 steps with a 20-pound weight belt within 45 seconds

• Drag a 75-pound dummy 3 minutes continuously for a minimum of 694 feet
  • Climb rungs of a ladder and retrieve an item within 7 seconds
  • Run one-fourth mile and apply handcuffs within 2 minutes and 35 seconds
  • Climb up and down 108 steps with a 20-pound weight belt within 45 seconds
I was told interns did not have to do this Glynco part. Were you told differently? I was mainly wondering about the medical physical exam.

I was told interns did not have to do this Glynco part. Were you told differently? I was mainly wondering about the medical physical exam.
Interns do not go to Glynco, but you will undergo a physical medical exam and drug screen. They will ask questions about your medical history and any limitations regarding your physical abilities, and you need to be able to perform all of the duties of a correctional worker even while an intern.

Interns do not go to Glynco, but you will undergo a physical medical exam and drug screen. They will ask questions about your medical history and any limitations regarding your physical abilities, and you need to be able to perform all of the duties of a correctional worker even while an intern.
Thank you! Do you happen to know what is involved in the physical exam? Just ht/wt/bp type of more in depth?