Program-Specific Info / Q's USC 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OThopefully183

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you guys hear back yet? I am so nervous.... Even when I tell myself not to worry and whatever happens happens... I heard some people heard back before Christmas?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if in order to be considered for merit scholarships, you had to fill out the scholarship form, or do they automatically consider you for scholarships based on your grades? I honestly thought the form was more work so never sent it in, but now I'm kind of regretting it haha. And as we all know, USC comes with a HUUUUGE price tag!

Does anyone know if in order to be considered for merit scholarships, you had to fill out the scholarship form, or do they automatically consider you for scholarships based on your grades? I honestly thought the form was more work so never sent it in, but now I'm kind of regretting it haha. And as we all know, USC comes with a HUUUUGE price tag!

Yes, that form was supposed to be sent in around the same time as your application was. So you may be a little late. It is a huge price tag, so the work is always worth it. If I were you I would get in contact with Kristin Nxumalo. She may still be able to help. She is the contact I sent my scholarship app to when I applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I definitely understand not wanting to fill out the form; I procrastinated and sent my form in 2 months after my application! But honestly, it wasn't as much work as I thought. You only fill out the one page (except for a very few specific scholarships that might require an essay, but applying to those is optional.)

I say it's worth a shot sending it in even if it is later than your app!

Odds that we will hear back today (at least some people)? According to last years page, some people heard back on 2/1! I’m super anxious

I was late in submitting the financial scholarship application and sent it in just last week. Is anyone on the same boat as me? I have not heard back from Kristin Nxumalo and I'm getting worried I missed it completely. :( On average, how long should it take?

I was late in submitting the financial scholarship application and sent it in just last week. Is anyone on the same boat as me? I have not heard back from Kristin Nxumalo and I'm getting worried I missed it completely. :( On average, how long should it take?
Hey I emailed her yesterday asking if it was too late to send it in but have yet to hear back from her :/

Hey I emailed her yesterday asking if it was too late to send it in but have yet to hear back from her :/

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to know I'm not the only one... Sorry if I am freaking you out, its so hard to stay calm right now. The waiting game is so hard... :(

They just posted an update to their admissions blog, basically stating that we will hear back by the end of February, but some people may hear back sooner!
Also, I’ve emailed Kristin twice since Tuesday and have yet to hear back. I understand it’s a busy time, but they’re really not good with their emails

Do you have the form? Did you get it from Kristin? She has not emailed me back either :(

Do you have the form? Did you get it from Kristin? She has not emailed me back either :(
Yeah I just emailed her the form since she wasn’t answering my questions haha we’ll see what happens I guess!

For those of you that have been accepted, did you find out through email or the decision status on YouSC?

For those of you that have been accepted, did you find out through email or the decision status on YouSC?
Hello, I found out through email. I believe YouSC didn't update until a day or two after.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just heard back from Kristin. She told me its not too late to fill out the form and it has been included into my application. :)

Oh awesome good thing I sent in the form then! Thanks for the update!

Oh awesome good thing I sent in the form then! Thanks for the update!
Can you please post the link of the form you filled out? I am so confused because other than FAFSA I don't have anything else in my portal asking me to fill out a form for aid....

Can you please post the link of the form you filled out? I am so confused because other than FAFSA I don't have anything else in my portal asking me to fill out a form for aid....
I think you have to email Kristin for it. It might be on their website though under “financial aid brochure”. You just fill out the last page and email it to Kristin!

Anyone got any updates from USC? I wonder when the next batch of decisions will come out. :( The waiting game is so hard....

Than
Anxiously waiting too! Like they said in their blog post, they're going to try to get back to us by the end of the month and that's around 2 weeks left!

Thanks! I think what made me even more nervous was same tine last year they released some decisions around this week.

Does anybody know the amount that USC usually provides in scholarships (the general scholarship that usually comes w some acceptances)?

Anyone hear back yet? I feel like its taking so long! I'm so anxious! :(

For those who were accepted already, around what time do they email you?

I’ll be applying to USC when OTCAS opens in July...just following this thread to stay informed on how this year’s acceptances go.

does anyone that’s been admitted this year know if there’s a facebook page or anything for the incoming class yet?

does anyone that’s been admitted this year know if there’s a facebook page or anything for the incoming class yet?
I don't know that there is an official one. We could start one and share it with those accepted?

Wonder if it will be anytime this week? It has been awfully silent. Anticipation is killing me. D:

Wonder if it will be anytime this week? It has been awfully silent. Anticipation is killing me. D:
I know the suspense is killing me! Really hoping for some news today! They're definitely way behind from looking at last year though; looks like most people found out they were accepted by 2/15 :/

Reactions: 1 users
Is March 2nd the deadline to fill out the FAFSA for this coming school year (2019-2020) ?

Anyone hear anything?! Legit think they're doing this on purpose haha. I sent my application back in August, like come on I know you reviewed it already! The torture is real

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone hear anything?! Legit think they're doing this on purpose haha. I sent my application back in August, like come on I know you reviewed it already! The torture is real
I called yesterday and they said the admissions committee was meeting then so I think they’re justjoe getting around to most of the apps. I’ve just told myself “by the end of February” means February 28th lol

I called yesterday and they said the admissions committee was meeting then so I think they’re justjoe getting around to most of the apps. I’ve just told myself “by the end of February” means February 28th lol

Same. But that is a good way of seeing it I suppose. Just the wait is so hard. O_O

Hi guys! Has anyone here submitted an academic update through OTCAS? If so, would you guys know if that causes your application to be reviewed later than other apps submitted by Nov 30th deadline? Thanks!

Did anyone hear back yet?! It’s the last day and I still haven’t heard anything...

I got an email earlier, around 3:45, with an application update. It said since my application was verified on December 5th that my application, and all others “completed/verified after the admissions deadline”, are now being reviewed and that they will notify us when they have come to theirs decision(s). Hope you all hear back soon!!

I got an email earlier, around 3:45, with an application update. It said since my application was verified on December 5th that my application, and all others “completed/verified after the admissions deadline”, are now being reviewed and that they will notify us when they have come to theirs decision(s). Hope you all hear back soon!!

Thanks for the update. That is interesting. Mine was verified on 11/29 and I have yet to hear back.

Thanks for the update. That is interesting. Mine was verified on 11/29 and I have yet to hear back.

Perhaps they will send out decisions for those verified before the deadline tonight? For your sake, I’m hoping so. I think I might die before I ever get into OT school with all the waiting

Reactions: 3 users
Perhaps they will send out decisions for those verified before the deadline tonight? For your sake, I’m hoping so. I think I might die before I ever get into OT school with all the waiting

Thank you hopefully we all get good news soon. I feel you the waiting game is excruciating.

Hi! I don't think so! The academic update is just something small they add in during the review. If you submitted it by the 11/30 deadline, you should be hearing back soon!

Thanks for replying to my question! :) I'm on the same boat as you guys then! Refreshing my email and this forum the entire night D:

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for replying to my question! :) I'm on the same boat as you guys then! Refreshing my email and this forum the entire night D:

I know it sounds weird but it's kind of nice to know I am not the only one freaking out

Reactions: 5 users
There's still some time before the end of the day, but I'm assuming it's because this years' admissions team is a brand new admissions team! Erin and Liz started it off this year, but unfortunately, Liz had to leave her position and Erin is under a new position at USC Chan. It could be that Kristin and the new team were just getting the swing of things which is why it's taking longer?

Not tonight huh? :(

Yeah I got a slight feeling today's not the day :/...

I doubt in these next fifteen minutes we will have a surprise... Let us all freak out together again tomorrow. God I'm losing my mind. Been longest February of my life....

Reactions: 6 users
I'm piiiiiisssed guys lol. If they said end of February, decisions should've gone out yesterday! I just emailed Kristin, but doubt I'll get a response. Anyone call or know what's up?

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone spoken to them today?