Program-Specific Info / Q's USC 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow even in the top third they aren't done picking out from 🙁 I'm so sorry to hear that! I'll probably send out an email to see, but there's really no other options for me either. Are you settled on another school at the moment and would you give it up for the waitlist spot?
I have accepted my admission at another school but USC has always been my number 1 so I would give it up if I get off the waitlist for USC! Hoping we hear some good news soon!
 
I just declined my spot at USC because they ultimately didn’t give me an RA position and compared to Wash U, it’s just way to expensive! I’ve also heard that Wash U better prepares you for hands on experiences, while USC is more theoretical, so to me, the money doesn’t justify the education. But hopefully this opens a spot for one of you! Best of luck!
 
Hi all,
I'm a second year at USC. For RA positions, i actually know more people who didn't end up getting the RA position the second year than those that did. Scholarships are pretty rare the second year, and the favoritism in the school is real. I loved my experience in the program, but they are pretty biased in the people who receive scholarships and merit-based aid.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any updates on the waitlist :/? I got an email about being on the reserve

Hi! I actually got my acceptance on the 29th and was given until 6/6 to respond. I will be taking my spot but I also received an orientation email saying “Dear Admitted Students” so maybe there are other students that can’t take the spot in such short notice. Best of luck to you! 🙂
 
Hi! I actually got my acceptance on the 29th and was given until 6/6 to respond. I will be taking my spot but I also received an orientation email saying “Dear Admitted Students” so maybe there are other students that can’t take the spot in such short notice. Best of luck to you! 🙂

Omg congratulations to you!!! If you don't mind me asking, what third were you in? My email said that they could let me know as late as the Friday before class starts, which is basically next Friday... 🙁. Would Monday (6/17) be your orientation date?
 
Omg congratulations to you!!! If you don't mind me asking, what third were you in? My email said that they could let me know as late as the Friday before class starts, which is basically next Friday... 🙁. Would Monday (6/17) be your orientation date?
Thank you! 🙂 I was in the top third when they told me back in April. Yea :/ Monday (6/17) is our orientation and Tuesday (6/18) is first day of school
 
does anyone know if the class is full... or is there anyone thinking of dropping out of the program.. I just wanna see my chances and tomorrows the last day..