-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's USC 2019
Started by OThopefully183
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh no sorry! But that’s good that you heard back! Thanks for the update!Just got an email and got rejected oh well.... Best of luck everyone else! 🙂
Maybe they’ll be coming in this afternoon and into the evening like they have in the past. Don’t wanna get my hopes up though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did those who were rejected apply to other schools?
RoadToOTSchool
Full Member
Just got my rejection email too🙁
Best of luck to everyone else!
Best of luck to everyone else!
Just got my email. Waitlisted as well
FutureOT1313
Full Member
I just got accepted as well!! I received a 7k scholarship and honestly any free money is helpful at this point 🙂 I am still waiting to hear from one other school so I haven't made a decision yet. But good luck/congrats to everyone else!
Does anyone have experience asking for more money? I don’t wanna seem ungrateful but Wash U gave me 24K plus a GA positions, so for a 3 year doctorate program, I would be going for about 98k. So I find it hard to justify moving to LA and paying 120k for a masters program :/ so maybe if I mention this, they’ll give me more? Or do you think everything is super final?
I just got my acceptance too! I read the scholarship letter and it says it's just for the 2019-2020 academic year, so I'm sure there's opportunity to get more scholarship money for future years in the program. I also got a scholarship from Wash U and I think their scholarship offer is what you get for the whole program.Does anyone have experience asking for more money? I don’t wanna seem ungrateful but Wash U gave me 24K plus a GA positions, so for a 3 year doctorate program, I would be going for about 98k. So I find it hard to justify moving to LA and paying 120k for a masters program :/ so maybe if I mention this, they’ll give me more? Or do you think everything is super final?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted! But I'm already in CSUDH OT program (started Spring 2019, next week is my midterms) and I will reject the offer. I just wanted to see if I could get in and I'm super happy that I did 🙂
I'm guessing that those in the waitlist will get my position! Gluck to all of you!
I'm guessing that those in the waitlist will get my position! Gluck to all of you!
Last edited:
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Does anyone know if they give out waitlist positions?
Do you mind sharing your stats?
UCLA Psychology major
Undergrad GPA: 3.73
OTCAS Overall: 3.78
Pre-Req GPA: 4.00
GRE: Q161 V155 W4.5 (Not great since OT schools care more about V or writing)
Observation Hours: 192 hours at Pediatrics Outpatient Facility
LOR: 1 professor, 1 director (boss from work), 1 OT
Related Experiences: 6 years at disability center (provided assistance and play dates) but this was long time ago 2007-2013. 2 years as research assistant for Infant Siblings Study (Autism related) at UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. Pre-school TA, Afterschool program TA, tutoring
I have other experiences that are not directly OT/education/psychology related that I also included (school organization, work, etc)
I took a gap year after undergrad to do my pre-reqs and observations.
Thanks y’all! I’m hoping to be one year behind you 🙂
I’ll be applying as soon as OTCAS opens...then the extensive waiting period begins!
I’ll be applying as soon as OTCAS opens...then the extensive waiting period begins!
FutureOT1313
Full Member
Do you mind sharing your stats?
University of Oregon ‘17
Major: Family and Human Services
Minor: Psychology
GPA: 3.34
Pre-req GPA: 4.1 (I took my A&P pre-reqs post bacc at the local community college to have a smaller class size)
GRE: 158V 146Q 4.5W
LOR: 2 OTs, 1 professor, 1 Principal Invesitgator(PI) from undergrad research lab, 1 PI from post bacc job in another research lab
Observation: 80 hours split between pediatric outpatient and elderly rehabilitation inpatient
Other experience:
1.5 years research assistant in undergrad lab working with at risk populations on a therapy intervention and 2 years experience as project coordinator of large longitudinal study, as well as conducted clinical diagnostic interviews
3.5 years on the coordinator board for the UO chapter of Camp Kesem!
Good luck with applying and remind yourself that you are awesome during all points of the process! Waiting is the hardest part for sure, but worth it in the end 🙂
Last edited:
Hi all!,
I got an acceptance last night as well! However, I was wondering if anyone's gotten their acceptance posted to the portal yet?
I got an acceptance last night as well! However, I was wondering if anyone's gotten their acceptance posted to the portal yet?
Wow I'm a UCLA psychology major as well! And I am also an RA at Semel! I wonder if we know each other??UCLA Psychology major
Undergrad GPA: 3.73
OTCAS Overall: 3.78
Pre-Req GPA: 4.00
GRE: Q161 V155 W4.5 (Not great since OT schools care more about V or writing)
Observation Hours: 192 hours at Pediatrics Outpatient Facility
LOR: 1 professor, 1 director (boss from work), 1 OT
Related Experiences: 6 years at disability center (provided assistance and play dates) but this was long time ago 2007-2013. 2 years as research assistant for Infant Siblings Study (Autism related) at UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. Pre-school TA, Afterschool program TA, tutoring
I have other experiences that are not directly OT/education/psychology related that I also included (school organization, work, etc)
I took a gap year after undergrad to do my pre-reqs and observations.
UCLA Psychology major
Undergrad GPA: 3.5
OTCAS Overall: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0 (I took anatomy but decided not to include it in my prereqs because I got a B)
GRE: W151 V154 W4.0
Observation Hours: 200 pediatric (spread across 3 clinics), 20 hand therapy, 24 hospital acute care at UC Davis Medical Center
LOR: Director of applied behavioral analysis program and 2 OTs
Related Experiences: 150 hours of ABA therapy, currently a research assistant at Semel Institute of Neuroscience for the Children's Friendship program (but this was not on my application), personal care attendant for a girl with neuromuscular dystrophy, Best Buddies member, and a member of UCLA's occupational therapy club
Undergrad GPA: 3.5
OTCAS Overall: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0 (I took anatomy but decided not to include it in my prereqs because I got a B)
GRE: W151 V154 W4.0
Observation Hours: 200 pediatric (spread across 3 clinics), 20 hand therapy, 24 hospital acute care at UC Davis Medical Center
LOR: Director of applied behavioral analysis program and 2 OTs
Related Experiences: 150 hours of ABA therapy, currently a research assistant at Semel Institute of Neuroscience for the Children's Friendship program (but this was not on my application), personal care attendant for a girl with neuromuscular dystrophy, Best Buddies member, and a member of UCLA's occupational therapy club
No! I had the same question earlier. I think I’m overthinking it lol, but I just need it to change so I know it’s officially official. 😛Has anyone’s youSC portale changed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol right!!!No! I had the same question earlier. I think I’m overthinking it lol, but I just need it to change so I know it’s officially official. 😛
Nope and I’ve checked it like 3 times today hahaNo! I had the same question earlier. I think I’m overthinking it lol, but I just need it to change so I know it’s officially official. 😛
annaannaanna
New Member
what is the form you guys are talking about, and where can i find it. Thanks for this forum it was really helpful
FutureOT1313
Full Member
Hey everyone! I’m planning to send an email to USC today to request an extension to the decision deadline. I have a draft put together but was wondering if anyone has any experience doing this and had any specific pointers of how to ask for an extension. I’m very interested in the program, I just need some time since I’m waiting on hearing back from one more program.
My only advice would be to send the email ASAP. I sent an email on Friday and still havent heard back. I also followed up yesterday and still nothing! 🙁Hey everyone! I’m planning to send an email to USC today to request an extension to the decision deadline. I have a draft put together but was wondering if anyone has any experience doing this and had any specific pointers of how to ask for an extension. I’m very interested in the program, I just need some time since I’m waiting on hearing back from one more program.
FutureOT1313
Full Member
Oh yikes that’s stressful! Thank you for that heads up, I will get it out stat. Did you ask for a specific amount of time or did you leave it up to their discretion??My only advice would be to send the email ASAP. I sent an email on Friday and still havent heard back. I also followed up yesterday and still nothing! 🙁
I had a question about scholarships, so can't really help you with the emails part haha. Just wanted to let you know they seem to be behind with correspondences!Oh yikes that’s stressful! Thank you for that heads up, I will get it out stat. Did you ask for a specific amount of time or did you leave it up to their discretion??
FutureOT1313
Full Member
Oh I see! No worries at all. Thank you for for the heads up regardless, I really appreciate it!I had a question about scholarships, so can't really help you with the emails part haha. Just wanted to let you know they seem to be behind with correspondences!
Is anyone attending admitted students day on 3/22? I really wanna go but due to my class schedule I don't think I'll be able to and I'm so upset!! 🙁
Also, did anyone have a student reach out to them yet? Someone reached out to me last night and answered some of the questions I have, which is so awesome! I really appreciate a student's perspective!
Also, did anyone have a student reach out to them yet? Someone reached out to me last night and answered some of the questions I have, which is so awesome! I really appreciate a student's perspective!
FutureOT1313
Full Member
I’m unable to attend the admitted students day due to work and I’m super bummed about it! But yeah a student reached out to me this morning and I sent them a few questions and am just waiting to hear back 🙂 I’m really excited to hear their input and everything and love that they reached out!!Is anyone attending admitted students day on 3/22? I really wanna go but due to my class schedule I don't think I'll be able to and I'm so upset!! 🙁
Also, did anyone have a student reach out to them yet? Someone reached out to me last night and answered some of the questions I have, which is so awesome! I really appreciate a student's perspective!
__futureot__
New Member
Is anyone attending admitted students day on 3/22? I really wanna go but due to my class schedule I don't think I'll be able to and I'm so upset!! 🙁
Also, did anyone have a student reach out to them yet? Someone reached out to me last night and answered some of the questions I have, which is so awesome! I really appreciate a student's perspective!
I will be attending the 3/22 admitted students day! I can do a little summary post so you can hear about it 🙂
elainag1993
Full Member
I plan on attending as well! I'm excited. Is anyone else going to the extravaganza?I will be attending the 3/22 admitted students day! I can do a little summary post so you can hear about it 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg we are the same lol. I’ve literally been trying it all day and been having the same problem. It must just be down! Good to have confirmation.Is anyone else having trouble seeing their youSC account? Mine's like not loading lol and I've been trying all day!
Hello. Does anyone have any idea if when are they sending out acceptances to those who got verified after the November 30th deadline? Someone mentioned in this thread that the reception for admitted students will be on 03/22. Is it likely that we will receive a notification before 03/22?
FutureOT1313
Full Member
I’m not sure about this! It does seem however that they are just behind on any type of communication. I’ve been trying to get in touch since middle of last week and can’t get a response :/ but I would assumed that this may be a general issue and that could be why those verified after the deadline haven’t heard back yetHello. Does anyone have any idea if when are they sending out acceptances to those who got verified after the November 30th deadline? Someone mentioned in this thread that the reception for admitted students will be on 03/22. Is it likely that we will receive a notification before 03/22?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 57
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 112
- Views
- 18K
- Replies
- 197
- Views
- 33K