USC School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hey, did anyone interview in march/April get accepted with a dat score of 17/18. Would like to know how realistic it is for me to get off the waitlist
wondering the same

Members don't see this ad.

ik I'm being dramatic but I'm still so sad. And it seems like most acceptances were from April. I'm so surprised to be honest because I think the March group had great people in it. (not that April didn't) just sad for us

Members don't see this ad :)
ik I'm being dramatic but I'm still so sad. And it seems like most acceptances were from April. I'm so surprised to be honest because I think the March group had great people in it. (not that April didn't) just sad for us
Only 3 ppl got accepted that we know of, so I wouldn’t be quick to assume. Just be patient this was just a tiny wave of acceptances I am sure.

Reactions: 1 users
been waiting since september to get off this waitlist, this sucks

Reactions: 1 user
Today the GroupMe has gone up by 2 members. In the past when there was a larger group of acceptances it would go up by 15 ppl at on

I wish we could know how many seats are still available
Only 8 people voted on the poll on reddit but I know a lot of people don’t use it. I’m curious to know if 30+ were accepted or less. Can’t tell if it was a big or small wave.

I don't think the group me # or Facebook # is a accurate number of how many students are in the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also everyone just remember! They could’ve sent a lot of acceptances today but a lot of people are already committed to other universities. Still hope!

Don't they also accept more people than there are seats typically?

Hey guys update: more people are voting on the Reddit poll so it does seem like it was probably a normal wave of acceptances? And more people voted March 4

Hey guys update: more people are voting on the Reddit poll so it does seem like it was probably a normal wave of acceptances? And more people voted March 4
yea I noticed that too ): oh well. Now let's see how long we will have to wait. so sad. Is everyone else going to get ready to reapply?

yea I noticed that too ): oh well. Now let's see how long we will have to wait. so sad. Is everyone else going to get ready to reapply?
I guess I have no other choice then to reapply just so sad :( I really hope there are still seats and another wave :(

Some people did say they voted just to see the results it’s not accurate

even if it is a normal wave, aren’t there probably more coming similar to previous years?

even if it is a normal wave, aren’t there probably more coming similar to previous years?
I think there will be another but they are pulling out of like 200 waitlisted kids I THINK.. not positive. That's the only reason I'm sad/getting ready to reapply but I'm sure everyone still has a chance! Don't lose hope I'm just preparing for the worst lol. im a negative thinker its bad

this is so upsetting, now I don’t even have time to study and retake my DAT before reapplying for the next cycle:(

Someone just posted that they had an Interview march 4th and got the email yesterday but they are going to decline. Just because they got accepted doesn’t mean they will accept the offer. We still have hope 🫶🏼

Reactions: 1 users
Someone just posted that they had an Interview march 4th and got the email yesterday but they are going to decline. Just because they got accepted doesn’t mean they will accept the offer. We still have hope 🫶🏼
yes I think I saw a few people declining their offers! I'm trying to keep hope as well! Every time I see the group me number go up I cry lol. I know they aren't accurate though

yes I think I saw a few people declining their offers! I'm trying to keep hope as well! Every time I see the group me number go up I cry lol. I know they aren't accurate though
Only admitted students can join and stay in the groupme chat. But, yes I don’t think they are accurate as some students may have not joined the groupme yet, plus the student advisors who are also there in the group. Otherwise, keep your hopes up and trust the process, I am sure there is still plenty of seats left!

Hi all. Just wondering for those reapplying are you submitting in June? Usually another wave of acceptances is sent in June but that’s literally when we have to submit apps. Should I just submit to my top schools then add more later?

FB group numbers keep going up. Feel like the class is going to be full :(

do not go here unless your parents will pay or you’re on HPSP/NHSC

Hi all. Just wondering for those reapplying are you submitting in June? Usually another wave of acceptances is sent in June but that’s literally when we have to submit apps. Should I just submit to my top schools then add more later?
I decided I will have my whole application ready and if I have not heard back towards the end of June, I will be submitting my application. Honestly maybe even mid June. I don't want to be late this time around!

somebody correct me if i’m wrong, but I remember in the past they would admit over 144 people (past the number of seats) and many would drop out until the start of the academic year.

somebody correct me if i’m wrong, but I remember in the past they would admit over 144 people (past the number of seats) and many would drop out until the start of the academic year.
every school accepts over the number of seats available in total for the year
if you are asking if they have over the total right now, it's not likely that they would risk ending up with more students they can handle...