USC School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last years thread: USC School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Southern California Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Home - Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.59
DAT: 20.5AA, 20.2TS, 20.4PAT
Applied: 2,346
OOS: 1,184 Applied, 240 Interviewed, 145 Accepted
IS: 939 Applied, 306 Interviewed, 175 Accepted
International: 223 Applied, 65 Interviewed, 41 Accepted
# Enrolled: 144
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.73
Science GPA: 3.67
DAT: 20.5AA, 20.1TS, 20.1PAT
Applied: 2,252
OOS: 1,048 Applied, 173 Accepted
IS: 946 Applied, 192 Accepted
International: 258 Applied, 48 Accepted
# Enrolled: 144
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.07-4.00
Overall: 3.25-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone paid for the supplemental and not received a confirmation email?

For USC, do I need to wait the email to pay the fee or do I just find the link on website and pay it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a second email telling me my application is complete for USC. Is this typical?

I just got a second email telling me my application is complete for USC. Is this typical?
I got it too, based on last years thread it seems like this is pretty common

Reactions: 1 users
I got it too, based on last years thread it seems like this is pretty common
I got one today again as well. This new one, however, seems to mention “All applicants who meet our minimal criteria will receive a link to a short video. Based on the outcome of the holistic review, select applicants will receive an invitation for a in-person PBL session.” This was not stated in my first confirmation email

• Hmm
just got a kira talent assessment invite, is this sent to all applicants or will this serve as the interview?

• Hmm
just got a kira talent assessment invite, is this sent to all applicants or will this serve as the interview?
wondering if this is the “short video” they were referring to in the email they sent

Prior to the interview, basically an extra step they consider when debating if they want to have an actual interview with you or anyone rise who was sent over the Kira test. Many schools are implementing it to their systems

Has anyone else who thinks they meet the minimum not received an email from USC regarding Kira?

My stats were the following: 22 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT; 3.66 overall GPA and 3.52 sGPA.
I know my GPA is on the lower side, but USC's 5th percentile GPA was 3.00 last year... I also submitted my application relatively late and got my confirmation email on August 9th.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else who thinks they meet the minimum not received an email from USC regarding Kira?

My stats were the following: 22 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT; 3.66 overall GPA and 3.52 sGPA.
I know my GPA is on the lower side, but USC's 5th percentile GPA was as low as 3.50... I also submitted my application relatively late and got my confirmation email on August 9th.
My stats were 22AA, 23TS, 23PAT and overall GPA 3.74 and sGPA 3.75
I haven't received an email from USC for Kira yet. But let's be hopeful :)!!!!

My stats were 22AA, 23TS, 23PAT and overall GPA 3.74 and sGPA 3.75
I haven't received an email from USC for Kira yet. But let's be hopeful :)!!!!
I have similar stats and no Kira yet! Just being patient and trusting the process 😊

I just received the Kira invite. 24 AA, 23 TS, 18 PAT 3.65 GPA. It must be completed within 48 hours 😯

Last edited:

I know my GPA is on the lower side, but USC's 5th percentile GPA was 3.00 last year... I also submitted my application relatively late and got my confirmation email on August 9th.
your gpa is not on the lower side and your submission was not relatively late...

Got a Kira too today! 25AA, 23 TS, 21 PAT, 3.45 cGPA

Just received Kira today as well. CGPA: 3.95, CDAT: 24 AA, 23 ST, 22 PAT, 22 Reading

Does USC actually think these high gpa/high dat applicants will choose them over cheaper schools? Why waste resources to interview them?

Let’s be real, most of the applicants who recently got kira’s on this thread have insane stats and will be accepted somewhere else

For USC’s price tag, I’m surprised their average stats don’t align with a school like NYU

Reactions: 3 users
Does USC actually think these high gpa/high dat applicants will choose them over cheaper schools? Why waste resources to interview them?

Let’s be real, most of the applicants who recently got kira’s on this thread have insane stats and will be accepted somewhere else

For USC’s price tag, I’m surprised their average stats don’t align with a school like NYU
the name of USC for some is prestigious, some may want to live in SoCal, some can afford it regardless of cost, some might live close to USC so don't have to pay for housing, etc

Reactions: 2 users
the name of USC for some is prestigious, some may want to live in SoCal, some can afford it regardless of cost, some might live close to USC so don't have to pay for housing, etc
So USC is gambling on the possibility that these high stats applicants will choose them?

They choose to gamble rather than choosing more mid tier, in state applicants that have a higher chance of picking USC?

Or alternatively, do they stratify interviews so high stats apps are sent out first?

Last edited:
So USC is gambling on the possibility that these high stats applicants will choose them?

They choose to gamble rather than choosing more mid tier, in state applicants that have a higher chance of picking USC?

Or alternatively, do they stratify interviews so high stats apps are sent out first?
I have a 18aa 19ts and got a Kira invite, so their not only sending it to 24aa students

I would suggest trying to not get into the heads of admissions. They know what they’re doing, they do this every year, and they’re able to fill their class. So they’re doing something right

I would suggest trying to not get into the heads of admissions. They know what they’re doing, they do this every year, and they’re able to fill their class. So they’re doing something right
I find it natural it to understand why things work, not just take things as a fact.

I was seeking some type of insight, but I just gottta accept that admissions is very secretive about what they specifically look for

I have 25AA, 3.89GPA and decent amounts of volunteer/research/shadowing/extracurriculum hours and did not get the Kira invite:rofl:

Last edited:

As an undergraduate student from USC, I could not agree more with this sentiment. All facts my guy, loved my time there for undergrad, but for the graduate school experience, USC is a big title school in my opinion

Has anyone who scheduled their interview gotten a confirmation email yet?

I dont think it’s about the stats :) it’s more about the overall application, something interesting, your handskills, personality, etc. i know that a lot of people received interviews from low to high stats so that’s not 100% true that they only invite high stats. But honestly, if you dont get any invites just yet, dont feel defeated, just patiently wait, or if you really like usc, you can send a letter of interest. They take it very seriously. It worked for me. It also does not mean that you’re not good enough. There are thousands of applications so just be more patient (or send letter of interest). When u go to dental school, you will realize that hand skills are very important. A lot people struggle more than others because of hand skills. Again, stats dont matter that much in dental school.
also, the schools have the rights to choose someone that they like taking the risks that they might have other options. But it does not mean they have to pick someone with “low stats” but dont even fit in. With that being said, i think you will soon receive your invites so dont worry too much :) i also got invites from usc after december.

Last edited:
I dont think it’s about the stats :) it’s more about the overall application, something interesting, your handskills, personality, etc. i know that a lot of people received interviews from low to high stats so that’s not 100% true that they only invite high stats. But honestly, if you dont get any invites just yet, dont feel defeated, just patiently wait, or if you really like usc, you can send a letter of interest. They take it very seriously. It worked for me. It also does not mean that you’re not good enough. There are thousands of applications so just be more patient (or send letter of interest). When u go to dental school, you will realize that hand skills are very important. A lot people struggle more than others because of hand skills. Again, stats dont matter that much in dental school.
also, the schools have the rights to choose someone that they like taking the risks that they might have other options. But it does not mean they have to pick someone with “low stats” but dont even fit in. With that being said, i think you will soon receive your invites so dont worry too much :) i also got invites from usc after december.
Can you tell us a bit about your letter of interest? When you sent it? Did you send it to multiple schools? Etc.

Can you tell us a bit about your letter of interest? When you sent it? Did you send it to multiple schools? Etc.
basically u want to explain why you're interested in the school and why u would be a good fit (why they should interview you) i only sent to 1 or 2 schools of my top choices. if saying in october and november u dont see anything then u should send it, or you can send it now or end of september to speed up the process.

received a kira invite as well! 20AA, 3.7cGPA

I have not yet received an invite for the in person PBL. Keeping my fingers crossed though!

Someone on Reddit said they got it 2.5 weeks after I believe. Not sure if that’s the exact time scale though

Just FYI, I did my Kira assessment on 8/23, and got the in person II on 9/13! Hope that helps!