USC Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was under the impression that since they hold our essays/app from 2008, we should make a completely new essay for part #1 with just our new accomplishments??

:scared::scared:

Hmm, I pretty much answered the prompt and wrote some of the same stuff from last year's, but I tried to emphasize on my new accomplishments more. I really don't know...I'm still stuck working on this essay. On the other hand, I wrote an entirely new essay for prompt #3 and am done with that.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking at my essays from last year, and it looks like they greatly decreased the number of characters allowed this year around.

For those of you working on the essays or have already completed them, was your essay more like a "checklist" more so than for other school essays? I was involved in a bunch of different extracurricular, and its been hard to make everything fit without making it more of a 'list'

I'm looking at my essays from last year, and it looks like they greatly decreased the number of characters allowed this year around.

For those of you working on the essays or have already completed them, was your essay more like a "checklist" more so than for other school essays? I was involved in a bunch of different extracurricular, and its been hard to make everything fit without making it more of a 'list'

I used more than 3,000 characters for the last year's essay. I don't know why the other two prompts allow 3,000 characters. I think it should be the other way around. I have to admit that my essay doesn't flow right and it seems kind of choppy because I've been trying to cut out lots of details. So now it seems like a list of extracurriculars and volunteering activities that I've done. Well, I guess that list answers the prompt. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
when it says characters left in your response, is that the minimize characters or the maximize? im guessing its probably the max

Last edited:
So I'm working on USC's supplemental (pt 2) and I'm inputting my pre-req courses... If I plan to retake a course this fall, do I have to list the grade for that course? Or should I just leave it empty (or write in progress)?? Thanks in advance!

So I'm working on USC's supplemental (pt 2) and I'm inputting my pre-req courses... If I plan to retake a course this fall, do I have to list the grade for that course? Or should I just leave it empty (or write in progress)?? Thanks in advance!

Write in progress.

I'm entering my prereq coursework in Part II of the supplemental and I'm wondering where the instructions are for this section? It says at the top to "Please review the application instructions for this section before you begin" but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance :)

I understand we submit LORs to PharmCAS only , but do we have to specify the people writing the letters on the USC graduate application? Or do they just look the LORs that come into their office.

I just got a confirmation that everything's complete. whew..

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a confirmation that everything's complete. whew..

Yay! Same here. Now I'm kind of nervous and excited waiting for an invite from them. I'm guessing they'll be sending out sometimes in October, since the first interview date is in November.

congrats....may i ask when you submitted pharmcas and usc secondary?

pharmCAS: Aug 1st
USC: Aug 12th

PharmCAS: July 12
USC Supplemental: August 6

oh my gosh, you guys, this thread gives me goosebumps!

i'm barely starting my freshman year for undergraduate studies, but reading through all your posts and seeing how you're all ready to apply makes me all giddy and riled up inside.

wow, i can't wait to be in the position you guys are in. the excitement is great, i hope you all get through the application process a-okay, and i hope you all GET IN!!

good luck everyone, sorry for making a post that ultimately won't help any of you. :thumbup:

i see, thanks prepharm and cinnamon roll....

cinnamon, july 12...thats so early! you really got crackin on it huh

i see, thanks prepharm and cinnamon roll....

cinnamon, july 12...thats so early! you really got crackin on it huh

I've learned my lesson from last year. ;) I thought I should also work on them early before I start to get really busy during the year. I just want to see results now. :D

I've learned my lesson from last year. ;) I thought I should also work on them early before I start to get really busy during the year. I just want to see results now. :D

yeah man im hoping we get the nov 15 interview.

how late did you submit last year?

yeah man im hoping we get the nov 15 interview.

how late did you submit last year?

I submitted my PharmCAS toward the end of September and completed the supplemental app in the middle of October. That's really late for USC. Are you done with yours yet?

I submitted my PharmCAS toward the end of September and completed the supplemental app in the middle of October. That's really late for USC. Are you done with yours yet?

yeah i submitted pharmcas on aug 15th, and supplemental on aug 27th. a little later than i had hoped to submit, but me and this person kept going back on forth on my essays lol...you think i'm in time for consideration for the november interview?

all my transcripts are in and 2 LORs but i havent gotten the email from usc yet.

yeah i submitted pharmcas on aug 15th, and supplemental on aug 27th. a little later than i had hoped to submit, but me and this person kept going back on forth on my essays lol...you think i'm in time for consideration for the november interview?

all my transcripts are in and 2 LORs but i havent gotten the email from usc yet.

I think you submitted yours just in the nick of time. September and October are when most people will submit theirs. When I submitted my PharmCAS in September, I had to wait 5 weeks for my GPA to be calculated so that totally delayed everything. I'm just hoping that I'm good enough to get invited for an interview this time around. :rolleyes:

I think you submitted yours just in the nick of time. September and October are when most people will submit theirs. When I submitted my PharmCAS in September, I had to wait 5 weeks for my GPA to be calculated so that totally delayed everything. I'm just hoping that I'm good enough to get invited for an interview this time around. :rolleyes:

yeah i waited about 6 days for my gpa to be verified. i guess august isn't too busy yet. i just hope its in time for the november interview invites. i heard from adcoms however that they got a good amount of applications in august, "but its still early".

yeah i had a friend who submitted october 29th, 2007 and her gpa wasnt verified until november 20th. long story short....she started her first week at usc last week....lucky girl.

are you applying anywhere else cinnamon? did you get an interview with usc last year?

Last edited:
yeah i waited about 6 days for my gpa to be verified. i guess august isn't too busy yet. i just hope its in time for the november interview invites. i heard from adcoms however that they got a good amount of applications in august, "but its still early".

yeah i had a friend who submitted october 29th, 2007 and her gpa wasnt verified until november 20th. long story short....she started her first week at usc last week....lucky girl.

are you applying anywhere else cinnamon? did you get an interview with usc last year?

I'm applying to 17 other schools, mostly in the Midwest. Sigh, I didn't get an interview from USC last year. What other schools are applying to this year?

I'm applying to 17 other schools, mostly in the Midwest. Sigh, I didn't get an interview from USC last year. What other schools are applying to this year?

geez 17? i only applied to six. now i feel i shouldve applied to more.

geez 17? i only applied to six. now i feel i shouldve applied to more.

Since I'm already a reapplicant, I really don't want to spend another year not being in school. So, I'd rather spend a bit more $$$ to make sure that I get in somewhere. Are you applying to only Cali schools?

Since I'm already a reapplicant, I really don't want to spend another year not being in school. So, I'd rather spend a bit more $$$ to make sure that I get in somewhere. Are you applying to only Cali schools?

yes only california schools. everytime i hear people who apply to more than 10, i think about adding schools more and more. whats sad is my stats arent even that great!

Cinnamonroll, me and you are right on the same page ! I'd rather spend a bit more money too but have a peace of mind !

Cinnamonroll, me and you are right on the same page ! I'd rather spend a bit more money too but have a peace of mind !

Yea, it's not like we're going to get any younger as years pass by. :laugh:

How long did it take everyone to complete the supplemental for USC? About one week? 2? Thanks!

good luck to the re-applicants!

Hi. I was also wondering if we were suppose to submit our resume on Part I of the supplemental? Does anyone know USC requirements for their resume format: include contacts, page limit, honors/awards? I know some school has a specific order, so I'm not sure with USC. Thanks a bunch!

are you still on the supplemental? did you submit pharmcas yet?

NooooO. i feel terrible. I just barely start on the supplemental of USC and I heard it's long, so I'm a little nervous I'll be late. I'm planning to submit Pharmcas by the end of this week. thanks for asking, kevintech. any tips for the USC supplemental?

NooooO. i feel terrible. I just barely start on the supplemental of USC and I heard it's long, so I'm a little nervous I'll be late. I'm planning to submit Pharmcas by the end of this week. thanks for asking, kevintech. any tips for the USC supplemental?

you're not exactly late as of yet. if you stay focused and submit by the end of this week, you should be ok. when i attended usc pharmacy info day, i heard roughly 50% of applications are submitted in october. If I were you, i'd submit now in early september because it'll still take a week or so to process your gpa and mail out your app.

also, you can submit the supplemental and pharmcas in any order. USC will just hold your file until they get all materials. so submit both ASAP. did send in transcripts to USC as well?

you're not exactly late as of yet. if you stay focused and submit by the end of this week, you should be ok. when i attended usc pharmacy info day, i heard roughly 50% of applications are submitted in october. If I were you, i'd submit now in early september because it'll still take a week or so to process your gpa and mail out your app.

also, you can submit the supplemental and pharmcas in any order. USC will just hold your file until they get all materials. so submit both ASAP. did send in transcripts to USC as well?

hey kevintech, thanks for the words of motivation. I haven't sent in the transcript either, but I will go ahead and do that tomorrow. I'm just stuck in my resume format. I have two page worth of experience and I'm still deciding if I should include my scholarships award. How's your application cycle going? Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, are we suppose to include any reference contact info in our resume? Do you think the university would even look at that?

I'll let you know that from my experience you are not too late. I think I applied around mid October last year and completed the supplemental around the Nov 1 deadline.

Oh, and yes, I thought my life was over because I applied so late in the game. But I am alive today to share my story. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions. So far I am enjoying my first two weeks of school at USC!

Ha, this isn't late at all. You can submit late and still receive an interview, so pace yourself and don't rush anything out.

I'll let you know that from my experience you are not too late. I think I applied around mid October last year and completed the supplemental around the Nov 1 deadline.

Oh, and yes, I thought my life was over because I applied so late in the game. But I am alive today to share my story. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions. So far I am enjoying my first two weeks of school at USC!

I think we mean submit early enough to be considered for the November interview.

As with a previous poster on this thread, I couldn't find any specific application instructions. I'm wondering how I should input my grades. I retook 1 year of ochem. First time C- and second time A. so which grades do I include in the supplemental? I am thinking that since USC doesn't accept anything below a C, that I should not input those grades. But other schools want both grades. If no one knows I'll give them a call and hopefully whoever answers the phone will know. But thanks in advance

So I know we have to send transcripts to pharmCAS. Does anyone know if were supposed to send transcripts directly to USC?

Thanks.

So I know we have to send transcripts to pharmCAS. Does anyone know if were supposed to send transcripts directly to USC?

Thanks.

Yep. we have to send in transcript directly to them.

Gemmin-

You have to go to the main page of Pharm.D Application, the on the top left you'll see a link for "Application Instructions". :)

Yep. we have to send in transcript directly to them.

I'm sorry, but where do we send them? USC office of grad and international admissions? Is there a transcript request form? Is there a link or somewhere I can figure this out?

Thanks again.

you dont need a request form, just send the transcripts to the address given on usc website...just to let some of you know, my transcript for one school actually did not get to usc....so if this does happen, don't freak out like me...just call your school and resend. usc was really nice when they spoke to me.

Gemmin-

You have to go to the main page of Pharm.D Application, the on the top left you'll see a link for "Application Instructions". :)

WOW. I feel so dumb, it's RIGHT there. Thanks. But from reading the instructions, I'm still not sure. Although they don't accept those grades, I don't know if they still want to know about them.

EDIT: I just called the admissions office and the lady said to enter in the new grade, because USC does not average out retakes for the prerequisite GPA. That is all, in case anyone had questions about that as well.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

There's an Pharmacy Information Session this Friday at the Health Science Campus at 2pm. Come out and meet the administrative folks (you'd want to get to know these people since they're the ones processing your apps), current students and a tour of the campus! :)

Hope to see you guys there!

Who else is still working on the supplemental?? I feel so behind.. :scared: