USC Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who received this email, was it just an attached document opened with Microsoft Word?

I got something similar to that as well. I would like to know if this is considered the lack letter???

Members don't see this ad.

I got something similar to that as well. I would like to know if this is considered the lack letter???

yeah, that's it. the word document attached to the email should be titled "lacking."

The email with subject "Supplemental Application and Document Acknowledgement Form" lets you know if something's missing from your application. You will get another email titled "USC School of Pharmacy File Number XXXX" which is the lack letter and includes an attached file named something like "lacking 1.rtf".

Members don't see this ad :)
The email with subject "Supplemental Application and Document Acknowledgement Form" lets you know if something's missing from your application. You will get another email titled "USC School of Pharmacy File Number XXXX" which is the lack letter and includes an attached file named something like "lacking 1.rtf".

So if your file is complete with nothing missing, you will only receive one email titled "supplemental application and document acknowledgment"?

^ That letter will let you know if all parts of your application have been received. Unless you're an international student, there shouldn't be anything missing after you submit PharmCAS and USC's supplemental. The lack letter should come later and shows the status of your pre-req courses. I think you should receive it regardless of whether or not you have finished all of your pre-reqs already, but I'm not positive.

The lack letter should come later and shows the status of your pre-req courses. I think you should receive it regardless of whether or not you have finished all of your pre-reqs already, but I'm not positive.

You're right. I have all my prereqs completed and I still received the lack letter.

Hi all, when I submitted the supplemental app they didn't ask for the fee. How do I pay the $85?

does anybody know when they start sending invites???

Can someone post their submission and completion dates? Thanks!

I got the Acknowledgement Letter today. How long do you think it will take for me to get the lack letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the Acknowledgement Letter today. How long do you think it will take for me to get the lack letter?

Mine is two weeks.
I am lacking 5 out of total 15 courses in the lacking sheet. Very small chance for an interview in term of prerequisite completion, I guess. Anybody has some ideas? Thanks.

Mine is two weeks.
I am lacking 5 out of total 15 courses in the lacking sheet. Very small chance for an interview in term of prerequisite completion, I guess. Anybody has some ideas? Thanks.

Depends on what classes you are lacking? Which courses are you lacking? What is your planned schedule for fall/winter/spring/summer?

Depends on what classes you are lacking? Which courses are you lacking? What is your planned schedule for fall/winter/spring/summer?

All are sciences! Not good, right?
Statistic, Bio 2: will done by Fall 08.
Biochemistry, Molecular, Physic 2: will done by Spring 09.

All are sciences! Not good, right?
Statistic, Bio 2: will done by Fall 08.
Biochemistry, Molecular, Physic 2: will done by Spring 09.

Not bad at all. You will have a bachelors right?

I know some people at USC that took summer courses to fulfill prereqs.

I emailed the admissions dept for pharmacy and I asked them when I will recieve my LACK letter, and they said that my application is being reviewed...does that mean i will get the lack letter later? All they did was resend me my acknowledgement form and said my file is complete.

Mine is two weeks.
i guess i should just wait then...oh well!!!

Hello Everyone.
I am a first year at USC school of pharmacy.
I wanted to inform you that if you have any questions at all regarding your application process to USC you can message me.
I will be busy with exams and meetings so if I do not get back to you the next day, please be patient.
I will try to answer all your questions to the best of my abilities.

P.S.
Please do not mind the user name, it was an inside joke with another member.

Also, I have received interviews to Touro, Pacific U, UOP, Loma Linda, Hawaii U, and of course USC.
Thus, if you have any questions for those schools, feel free to ask me.

Good LUCK!

Hello Everyone.
I am a first year at USC school of pharmacy.
I wanted to inform you that if you have any questions at all regarding your application process to USC you can message me.
I will be busy with exams and meetings so if I do not get back to you the next day, please be patient.
I will try to answer all your questions to the best of my abilities.

P.S.
Please do not mind the user name, it was an inside joke with another member.

Also, I have received interviews to Touro, Pacific U, UOP, Loma Linda, Hawaii U, and of course USC.
Thus, if you have any questions for those schools, feel free to ask me.

Good LUCK!

Would you ask Xin when letters for the November interview will be released?

:( i still haven't received my LACK letter yet with all the prereqs yet...:( I turned my supp and pharmcas on 8/1.... received email saying my file is completed on aug. 27th :( i called them twice last month and this month and they said my file was STILL being evaluated...dang...bad sign.....anyone in similar situation because most ppl already got their LACK letter...

i esubmitted pharmcas on 8/1 and turned in my usc supplemental on 8/18 and i havent received any correspondence yet either. i called them and they said they still dont have my pharmcas yet (?!?!?!?!) and to be patient as they're still processing, but it's been over 6weeks...:confused::scared:

i esubmitted pharmcas on 8/1 and turned in my usc supplemental on 8/18 and i havent received any correspondence yet either. i called them and they said they still dont have my pharmcas yet (?!?!?!?!) and to be patient as they're still processing, but it's been over 6weeks...:confused::scared:

that's really scary. I'd check with PharmCAS.

yeah, i did as i was worried it got lost in the mailing process, but pharmcas said usc has the ability to view my app online if it did get lost..=\

You submitted way earlier than I did and my application is complete. There has to be more to your story. Hope it works out for you man.

Working on the supplemental Part I now, and PharmCAS is still calculating my GPA. I e-submitted on 10/02. I realize that according to most of your standards, I am way behind.. but I am waaaay too interested in USC not to try!

Haha thanks Farmercyst.

It looks like they're trying to convert from paper to email. It could be as early as the end of next week (so you'd get them week of 10/20) or as late as week of 11/1. They didn't say which would be sooner. So I don't know whether to tell you to expect an email, or snail mail. My guess it'll be snail mail this time and email next.

A couple of quick questions:

1) I know that USC does not require the PCAT, but since I took it should I just enter it in the "Additional Tests - Already Taken" field of "Test Information" section?

2) The instructions say that the "Statement of Purpose" is not required. Should I take this to mean not to submit one for sure, or does anyone believe that it could help?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Last year my lack letters came at sporadic times. I would not stress too much if you don't receive one right. They won't necessarily come at the same time as your acknowledgment letter. But you should get one eventually. FYI, yes, the first interview date is Saturday Nov 15. Don't forget to review the interview database!

I emailed the admissions dept for pharmacy and I asked them when I will recieve my LACK letter, and they said that my application is being reviewed...does that mean i will get the lack letter later? All they did was resend me my acknowledgement form and said my file is complete.

For the last 2 interview cycles the supplement essay is what they've given to the interviewers to preview before your interview. They don't get the PharmCAS PS (my guess is the adcom uses those, but who knows) either way, it'd be good to rock the supplemental PS for that reason if for no other.

Really??? I thought the interviewers receive both the supplemental essays and PS...but I guess I'm mistaken? So does the adcom read the supplemental essays? Thanks!

Really??? I thought the interviewers receive both the supplemental essays and PS...but I guess I'm mistaken? So does the adcom read the supplemental essays? Thanks!

Yep, at my interview last year I asked my interviewer what he knew about me. He said the only thing he was given was my supplemental essay where I wrote what I've done to prepare for pharmacy school. He had not seen anything else.

Yep, at my interview last year I asked my interviewer what he knew about me. He said the only thing he was given was my supplemental essay where I wrote what I've done to prepare for pharmacy school. He had not seen anything else.

Thanks!:) Now I'm curious if the adcoms read only our PS or both. hmm...

Last edited:
Do we know if the adcoms get our Personal Essay from PharmCAS?

Did anyone notice that this years USC supplemental essay was super short.. The character limit made my essay limited to ~5 paragraphs, which was almost half the length of my essay from 2008

Did anyone notice that this years USC supplemental essay was super short.. The character limit made my essay limited to ~5 paragraphs, which was almost half the length of my essay from 2008

How many reapplicants are there?... Considering my efforts in the application process this year.. I don't think I would reapply.. so much hard work.

:( i still haven't received my LACK letter yet with all the prereqs yet...:( I turned my supp and pharmcas on 8/1.... received email saying my file is completed on aug. 27th :( i called them twice last month and this month and they said my file was STILL being evaluated...dang...bad sign.....anyone in similar situation because most ppl already got their LACK letter...

Have you finished all prerequisites? The lacking letter only lists the lacking courses.

Have you finished all prerequisites? The lacking letter only lists the lacking courses.

You get a lack letter either way; mine says that I've satisfied all requirements.

Hey all USC applicants, for those of you who submitted relatively early, you should be hearing from USC late this week or early next!

Hey all USC applicants, for those of you who submitted relatively early, you should be hearing from USC late this week or early next!

Oh My God... DOn't tell me that... Now i'll be stalking the mail lady all day!

haha...whats relatively early? before august? :D

Anyone hear about an interview yet? I'm getting anxious! :)

No one posted anything in the past few days, so I though i'd move it up. :laugh:

You guys will be the first to know since you're all from cali. I'm from boring Tn....:p haha. It would be awesome if we are notified through email though.

You guys will be the first to know since you're all from cali. I'm from boring Tn....:p haha. It would be awesome if we are notified through email though.

that would be scaryyyy =p

If the first interview session is Saturday, November 15, 2008, the first round of letters should be going on in the upcoming week (~3 weeks before).

I turned my application in early August. Still waiting.. :scared: When did everyone turn in their apps?