USC Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who else is still working on the supplemental?? I feel so behind.. :scared:

Hey guys.. just want to let you know that it is VERY important that you submit your application EARLY! If you apply late, and you have great stats they might not be able to offer you an interview. But if you apply early, and your stats are whatever, your chances of getting an interview are pretty high. (just speaking from experience from last year) good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Yea , I recommend applicants to turn in their supplemental apps as early as possible. Last year, I turned in my application in October, and I didn't receive an interview (I got an interview and waitlisted at UCSD - non rolling admission)

For reapplicants, did you guys send in another set of transcripts for this application cycle??

I haven't taken any classes since last spring, so I am just wondering if I need to send in another set of transcripts. They are basically the same as the ones I sent last application cycle.

Thanks...

Members don't see this ad :)
For reapplicants, did you guys send in another set of transcripts for this application cycle??

I haven't taken any classes since last spring, so I am just wondering if I need to send in another set of transcripts. They are basically the same as the ones I sent last application cycle.

Thanks...

No you don't have to, as long as you haven't taken any classes past that period. :)

anyone hear from usc yet? interview invites?

nope not yet..I think their first interview is in the middle of Nov? Probably won't hear them until the end of this month/Oct..

wow farmercyst, up at 3am?

That's what I'd like to call dedication.:)

Farmercyst, is it true USC is only interviewing 400 students this year?

That's what I'd like to call dedication.:)

Farmercyst, is it true USC is only interviewing 400 students this year?

That's what the plan was after last year, reducing it to 400. Of course they took like an additional 30 or so at the final interview last year, so it's hard to say how firm that number is.

Can someone please provide the prompt and word limit for the USC supplemental essays? I can't seem to get access to it. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

I submitted my suppl. today and feeling pretty nervous! Since PharmCAS hasn't calculated my GPA, I calculated myself. Does any know if I mis-calculate my GPA, what will happen? :scared:

i never did get my file complete notification, but when i called usc, they said that they have my pharmcas and my supplemental and told me to wait a little longer to hear from them to see if my file is complete.

is anybody else in the same situation ?

did everybody get a notification from them stating that your application is complete and is being reviewed ?

i know UOP has an online checklist.. but how do i check if my application is good to go at USC ??

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, I got an e-mail stating my application is complete.

Lack letter? What's that?

I got an email that they were missing one of my transcripts, but I sent it to them just last week. After following up they said just to wait for it to arrive to them and that it wouldn't delay anything with my app...

nope not yet..I think their first interview is in the middle of Nov? Probably won't hear them until the end of this month/Oct..

Hey everyone, the first interview for USC is on Nov. 15th. GOOD LUCK! :luck:

nice, when did you submit pharmcas and usc supplemental?

Hey! I submitted my pharmcas on 6/21 and USC supps on 6/28. How about you? So receiving the lack letter is a good thing right? Just checking :)

Hey! I submitted my pharmcas on 6/21 and USC supps on 6/28. How about you? So receiving the lack letter is a good thing right? Just checking :)

Wow that's interesting. Do you mean 7/21 and 7/28?

anybody applied last year and got waitlisted until the very end? i never did get a letter from USC saying that i was denied...all I got were the updates that i was still being considered. I am applying again this year...so i was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat.

I got a lack e-mail saying I was missing transcripts....for schools with in progress/planned courses.(future coursework)

Anyone else get something like this?

Will my app be considered incomplete until I complete these courses?

Umm, what's interesting? lol.

No, I finished my USC apps by the end of June :)

It's interesting because when I spoke to Xin Gong on July 11, she said there were no applications submitted yet.

And ugh USC is losing to OSU right now.

anybody applied last year and got waitlisted until the very end? i never did get a letter from USC saying that i was denied...all I got were the updates that i was still being considered. I am applying again this year...so i was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat.

I got a letter around the week of USC's orientation saying thanks, but in case you haven't figured it out, you didn't make it.

It's interesting because when I spoke to Xin Gong on July 11, she said there were no applications submitted yet.

I think PharmCAS doesn't start mailing applications until August, but the materials they mail will reflect the actual date the application was submitted.

I got a lack e-mail saying I was missing transcripts....for schools with in progress/planned courses.(future coursework)

Anyone else get something like this?

Will my app be considered incomplete until I complete these courses?

The lack e-mail or letter you may receive states what course(s) you have not completed, or missing transcripts/paperwork.

I don't know the specifics about being considered "incomplete," but from what I know, they will still at your application. I received these "notices" throughout the application cycle last year; as long as there no errors and you plan on completing/sending all the "lacking" materials, you should be OK.

Remember- when in doubt, call the school directly and ask questions. When it comes to applying for pharm. school, there's no room for error.

Also answering the above question, I am still "missing" a transcript but was told by the office that it won't delay any review of my application. I think they want you to get the stuff in but they can go on without it in the meantime.

Also answering the above question, I am still "missing" a transcript but was told by the office that it won't delay any review of my application. I think they want you to get the stuff in but they can go on without it in the meantime.

I know someone who was accepted to USC without her submitting any transcripts. They just asked for them after her acceptance to send them in ASAP.

Thanks for the good answers.
Less stressed.

About last nights game....save a tree eat a beaver!

FIGHT ON!

i think you should send in those transcripts by the application deadline.

Hello!

After submitting both Part I and Part II applications, did you guys receive any confirmation that all your application materials was received (+transcripts)? If so, how long did it take?

Thanks! :luck:

Took about 3 weeks to get the confirmation e-mail. 4 weeks for the lack letter.

I submitted on 8/22, I think...the checklist thingy arrived last week, and the lack letter arrived today, so just about what kevintech said.

i got the lack letter like a month ago, and e-mailed back due to errors on both sides (they didn't notice a class i listed on supp app, i forgot to list another class)... and it got corrected 2 weeks later. that's the "lack" thing.

but i went to berkeley, having issues with bio. i guess AP tests count for specific half of the prereq? cuz at berkeley, bio1a and 1b are pretty much independent, and most people actually take 1b before 1a. but USC says i didn't fulfill prereqs, cuz i took AP bio test (got a 5)... and bio 1a at berkeley. they say i didn't take bio1b. this is kinda weird, they're the only school that says that... anyone ever have this problem at berkeley, and was able to get them to accept AP bio for bio1b?

should i call USC and ask them about the LACK letter because i received my checklist last month...???

How long did it take for you guys to receive this lack letter? Was it after pharmcas + supplemental was sent? My supps were submitted 2-3 weeks ago and I haven't received anything but a confirmation e-mail that I got right after submitting.

i would only call USC if you had something to say about the LACK... for me, i just replied to the e-mail and got stuff corrected. the question is what you're lacking... if it says "in progress" then that means they know you're taking it or will take it, so i don't THINK you need to let them know that.

for me, my in progress showed the school and semester I was going to take it (or already took it this past summer) so I didn't worry about that stuff.

to get the lack letter took a long time, i think i submitted USC 8/16 and i had to wait 1 whole month before i heard anything at all (aka lack letter). i really don't know what is going on, i just hope that everything is complete, cuz besides that immediate confirmation e-mail, i haven't heard anything about my status...

i submitted my usc on 9/19 (late...i know :p) and i received a confirmation email right after. transcripts and pharmcas were done weeks before, and finally today i received an email saying my file was complete. :) *whew*

9/19 supplemental confirmation email
9/30 file complete confirmation email

i'm still confused as to what the LACK letter is....is it the Supplemental Application and Document Acknowledgment Form? or its something completely different?

i'm still confused as to what the LACK letter is....is it the Supplemental Application and Document Acknowledgment Form? or its something completely different?

It's an evaluation of your pre-pharm courses.

i submitted my usc on 9/19 (late...i know :p) and i received a confirmation email right after. transcripts and pharmcas were done weeks before, and finally today i received an email saying my file was complete. :) *whew*

Why am I always behind everyone when I submit earlier than everyone? I submitted 9/11 and still have no file complete email confirmation

Congratz! I' still waiting for my file complete confirmation email.

I heard a lack letter means they are done reviewing your application.....wow kinda scary how they've made most of their decisions for the November 15th interview.

who did you hear this from?

I heard a lack letter means they are done reviewing your application.....wow kinda scary how they've made most of their decisions for the November 15th interview.

For those of you who received this email, was it just an attached document opened with Microsoft Word?