** USC DH/DDS Pathway 2017-2018 Cycle **

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BKFORDDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all!

I see there are past pathway threads but there isn't one for this cycle!

Has anyone hear back from USC regarding the decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have received an email too but haven't received the package yet.

Congrats all of you who got accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!iam foreign trained dentist from India
Completed my exams ,but don't know how to apply to schools??any idea☹️
The best way in your situation is to apply as a foreign student through AADSAS. The cycle opens first week of June. It is best to have your application completed by September, because itbwill put your application on top for review and will be in your favor, especially for rolling admissions and first pick interviews. You will need to provide your DAT score and TOFEL as well as all transcripts. I believe, although I am not positive, since you are a foreign dentist you would have to complete the last two years of a US dental program, if not all 4 years. Also, you will have to retake all of your boards. AADSAS has the option to select any or all of the US schools to apply to and will also have information on which school require supplemental and will list the fees. There is the option, after opening the online portal, to download an app and watch for acceptance/review/rejections. That info will also be available through the AADSAS portal. Best of luck!

ps. Keep in mind DAT scores are only good for 3 years.
The best way in your situation is to apply as a foreign student through AADSAS. The cycle opens first week of June. It is best to have your application completed by September, because itbwill put your application on top for review and will be in your favor, especially for rolling admissions and first pick interviews. You will need to provide your DAT score and TOFEL as well as all transcripts. I believe, although I am not positive, since you are a foreign dentist you would have to complete the last two years of a US dental program, if not all 4 years. Also, you will have to retake all of your boards. AADSAS has the option to select any or all of the US schools to apply to and will also have information on which school require supplemental and will list the fees. There is the option, after opening the online portal, to download an app and watch for acceptance/review/rejections. That info will also be available through the AADSAS portal. Best of luck![/QUOTE

No I got a package at first and then yesterday I received an email!
Congrats!! Do you know of a Facebook page we can all add to to get to know eachother? Or maybe the school will do that after everyone has secured their spot?

The best way in your situation is to apply as a foreign student through AADSAS. The cycle opens first week of June. It is best to have your application completed by September, because itbwill put your application on top for review and will be in your favor, especially for rolling admissions and first pick interviews. You will need to provide your DAT score and TOFEL as well as all transcripts. I believe, although I am not positive, since you are a foreign dentist you would have to complete the last two years of a US dental program, if not all 4 years. Also, you will have to retake all of your boards. AADSAS has the option to select any or all of the US schools to apply to and will also have information on which school require supplemental and will list the fees. There is the option, after opening the online portal, to download an app and watch for acceptance/review/rejections. That info will also be available through the AADSAS portal. Best of luck!
Thanks a lot for your patience to reply to my message.I appreciate a lot.Do u think I have to give DAT exam because I suppose it is for Americans but not sure,can u confirm this??i have given my national boards already.

Thanks a lot for your patience to reply to my message.I appreciate a lot.Do u think I have to give DAT exam because I suppose it is for Americans but not sure,can u confirm this??i have given my national boards already.
My understandings is that if you are applying to a dental college, yes you would. After you choose which universities you want to apply to, I would contact the admissions coordinator, the expectations will vary from college to college.

Last edited:
Do you have to finish all the prerequisite courses for the DH/DDS pathway before the program start? thanks
I would also like to know this. Would you also need to take the DAT beforehand as well? My girlfriend is applying to hygiene school and is possibly thinking about applying to both Loma Linda's and USC's DH/DDS programs.

Hi!iam foreign trained dentist from India
Completed my exams ,but don't know how to apply to schools??any idea☹️
Foreign dentist have a separate path. The application is on the area.com. All info is on the Ada.org

I would also like to know this. Would you also need to take the DAT beforehand as well? My girlfriend is applying to hygiene school and is possibly thinking about applying to both Loma Linda's and USC's DH/DDS programs.
you don't have to take the DAT now until you begin to do the application for dental school after you get your B.S degree in dental hygiene.

Hi, I am applying to the 2018 cycle. for those who got accepted, how quickly did you receive an interview? how many interviews did you have? any information would help.