USC Interview Scheduling Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellybean

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I just got an interview from USC yesterday. I went online just now to schedule my appointment, but there are actually no dates available. What is going on? The application check site says that they haven't received my application fee yet (I just submitted my secondary last Wednesday, and my check was mailed from Pennsylvania last Thursday). Does this mean that I'm not actually interviewing there? So confused. Anyone else have this problem? :confused:

EDIT: Oh, I think I answered my own question. In their original e-mail, they said to call if calendar dates were unavailable. Yikes - guess I'll be calling tomorrow. Hopefully, they're not out for Thanksgiving yet...

Members don't see this ad.

Same thing happened to me a while back. They open up dates in blocks. Give the admissions office a call (they're really nice) and they should be able to give you an idea of when they're opening up a new set of blocks.

This seems like an okay place to put this question...

I have heard that if you have received an interview somewhere and need to travel to that location, you can notify other schools in that area and let them know that since you'll be around, it would "be nice" to interview with them while you're there (whether or not you've actually been granted an interview yet). I'm in Northern California, and I am interested in multiple schools in Southern California. I realize it's not THAT far, but each plane trip will still cost $110-$210. Is it appropriate to let these schools know when I'll be in the area, or will they think I'm petty and cheap? =/

This seems like an okay place to put this question...

I have heard that if you have received an interview somewhere and need to travel to that location, you can notify other schools in that area and let them know that since you'll be around, it would "be nice" to interview with them while you're there (whether or not you've actually been granted an interview yet). I'm in Northern California, and I am interested in multiple schools in Southern California. I realize it's not THAT far, but each plane trip will still cost $110-$210. Is it appropriate to let these schools know when I'll be in the area, or will they think I'm petty and cheap? =/

I think it's worth a shot. This entire process costs so much that it's natural to want to save money where possible. However, please note that I may not be the best example; I let Feinberg know when I would be in the Chicago area for my Pritzker interview, and they never corresponded with me again afterward except to say that they'll get back to me when they get around to it... :mad:

On another note, I called USC last week to ask about the scheduling issue, and they said that they would open up a block of March dates this week. I checked online just now, and no dates in March are available. Wtf...did they not open up the dates or did these all get snapped up within the past 8 hours?