USC Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
While October 15th has come and about to go for scooby...he got no acceptances but USC sent him an email :)

AND..to top it all off...on the question where it asks will you become a full-time faculty member - I put no. so you see? It didn't really matter all that much :)

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on the interview! ... you lucky dog you ;) :D

Good to know USC is on the move .... Finally.

I got it too! When are you gonna go there Scoob? I am so lucky to have my first interview in California. I can handle a one-hour drive!

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to go make the interview..but I couldn't find any link on the site...any ideas?

You are supposed to check the interview times on the status check webpage - but now it is broken for me. I guess they were just psyching us out.

Hmm... USC, you lose a few points. The interviewers better be hot or I get a big scholarship, otherwise I'll go to my second-choice of Non-Existant University.

well scoobs you've done it again haven't you?!

taken all the good interviews and left the rest of us with the crappy ones :mad:

i hope ur happy :p :D :p :D by the way congrats u ole dawg ;)

yay! I brought Watcha out of his freaking hole in the wall to post again! :)
Damn boy...almost 800 posts!
You crazy!

For those of you who have received USC interviews, does the box next to "Complete AMCAS Verified App." on your status check have a green check in it? Mine still has a big red X, but I know my application has been verified.

Originally posted by Mr. Turtle:
•For those of you who have received USC interviews, does the box next to "Complete AMCAS Verified App." on your status check have a green check in it? Mine still has a big red X, but I know my application has been verified.•

It's not a question of whether you've been verified, but of whether USC is equipped to receive electronic transmission of apps. If not, they're (you're ) stuck waiting for the weekly "masterfile" mailing of paper apps (which I believe happens every Monday).

Congrats, Scooby! :D Welcome back, Watcha! :D

I called SC today. They said the online interview scheduler will be ready tomorrow. They also said that only a few select people have been invited to an interview, so to all in that boat, congrats. i don't mean to float my own boat, but after my mail drought, I needed a confidence boost.

I wish my boat was floating. :(

I spoke to the USC people yesterday and they said that they do receive them electronically... and that it is immediate. I am in the same boat as some of you - I am verified, but still a big red X on my USC status check - I called AMCAS and they said that it's up to the school to download them (just passing off the responsibility) and that I should ask the school to contact their AMCAS rep (like that's ever gonna' happen - I bet they don't even exist!).

Thanks, lilninja, that's good info to have. :)

I was thinking of making my interview for this friday and just driving down there to do it this weekend :)
When's everyone else thinking of going?

Does anybody know if SC is waiting on verified AMCAS apps before proceeding with interviews, i.e. are all you interviewees already verified??

I have one additional question--how do you tell if you have x's (red or otherwise) besides going to the print application button? In other words, is there something that changes in the main screen when you're verified or do you keep having to go to the printed app??

Thanks!

-Geoffrey

Scooby- did USC say they were going to be interviewing Friday? I had heard they were going to start next week.

They start on the Tuesday, the 23rd. I'll be there on the 24th if anyone else wants to meet up. Anyone from out of town interviewing at SC on the 24th is welcome to crash at my place in Westwood (about 30 min. away). Just send me an email. But you have to promise not to be a psycho mass murderer. Kay ;)

Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
•I wish my boat was floating. :(

Ummm, last time I saw you, I think you said you had 8 interviews. My boat's half that size, but if you want it, I'm willing to switch.