USC nov 12th interview: any updates... this is the 4th week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they're just trying to avoid the question. I was in the Nov. 12th interview session and I have not received a letter yet. However, they know my status so that means that I have been evaluated already.

coffee4drug said:
It's weird. I just called USC to ask if all acceptance letters were sent out in the first round. The lady replied that all who were interviewed HAVE got their letters. I told her I was interviewed but still have not got mine, but she said that that meant they had not evaluated me. That's still contradictory because they should be sending out the second packet today. If they have not evaluated me and I was in the first interview, does that mean I will go to another interview??? :eek:

One thing for sure is that she sounds out of patience, guess we should give USC a break and wait until Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad.

I got my letter today!!!! I'm in!!!!! :clap:

This was my second time around...It's been a stressful year.

for those who are still waiting...I called USC at 3pm. the woman said that they sent out waitlist letters today. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
MrIntricate said:
Congratulations!!!! :thumbup:
Thanks everyone!

To those still waiting, I wish you the best of luck. I know, the waiting game sucks! :(

Baxter81 said:
Congrats to those who were accepted. I look forward to meeting you guys in the near future!! Did anyone frame their "Certificate of Acceptance"?? haha..It looks really professional, with Dean Weissman's signiture and all, so I had too..I'm lame....
Ditto (except for the framing the certificate part). ;) :laugh: :p I thought the certificate was pretty nifty... and the folder, oh so shiny!

Looking forward to meeting ya'll!

Congrats to everyone that got in! I'm starting to get sick from all this worrying...seriously....and still have finals to deal with. At this point...I don't mind being waitlisted. It's better than being rejected right? I'm reallly bummed...oh well...there's only so much I can do. :(

I wonder if they straight up reject people after interviews or if they waitlist everyone until after all the interviews have concluded... Since they rank people, I would think that they waitlist everyone and then send out the large batch of acceptances according to rankings in March.

For those of us that haven't got our "package" yet, here is something to look forward to today. I talked to Donna Christiansen yesterday and she said that the second batch of packages were sent out on Monday. So look for it today if you live in town or close by and may be Wednesday if you don't live in California.

To answer the above question, USC accepts about 30 to 40 people immediately from each interview and they put everyone else on the "active consideration" list. From there, those people will be reconsider during the Jan Interview and so on and so on. No one will get rejected until all the interviews are finished and all the seat have been taken.

Good luck to all of you. Just know that a great pharmacist doesn't always come from USC. :D But dont get me wrong I would love to be a part of the Trojan. (Am I contradicting myself? Whatever!!!!!)

Acura-TL & Rx said:
For those of us that haven't got our "package" yet, here is something to look forward to today. I talked to Donna Christiansen yesterday and she said that the second batch of packages were sent out on Monday. So look for it today if you live in town or close by and may be Wednesday if you don't live in California.

does the "second" batch only contain waitlist?
first batch = acceptance,
second batch = waitlist

infernobutterfl said:
does the "second" batch only contain waitlist?
first batch = acceptance,
second batch = waitlist

That I don't know... Wanna call them? hahhaha. I just called yesterday and the week before that and the week before that. I think by this week we should know for sure!

Acura-TL & Rx said:
That I don't know... Wanna call them? hahhaha. I just called yesterday and the week before that and the week before that. I think by this week we should know for sure!

yea.. i am calling them.. but so far.. no use.. they are not picking up

i sure hope the second batch isnt waitlisted only... waited all that time, especially during finals week, for a stupid waitlist letter from a school that doesnt meet deadlines..

(can you tell i am bitter from all the waiting.. :rolleyes: )

infernobutterfl said:
yea.. i am calling them.. but so far.. no use.. they are not picking up

i sure hope the second batch isnt waitlisted only... waited all that time, especially during finals week, for a stupid waitlist letter from a school that doesnt meet deadlines..

(can you tell i am bitter from all the waiting.. :rolleyes: )

Trust me.. you're not the only one. I am sure I could use a little xanax myself. But try this number... 323-442-1479. This line goes straight to Donna Christiansen. Let me know hahaha....

Members don't see this ad :)
Yesterday, I asked if the 2nd batch contain both acceptance and rejection and she said yes.

ICA said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

OMG... I'm going to USC!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I was sooooo expecting a waitlist letter. I ripped open the manila evelope and opened the gold-embossed "USC" folder. "The Admission Committee of USC School of Pharmacy is pleased to inform you..."

I couldn't stop screaming (and jumping). My 3 year old son looked at me like I was crazy... then he started crying. :oops:

Congrats! My 3 year old son looks at me all the time like I am crazy! :)

Fushi.tarazu said:
Yesterday, I asked if the 2nd batch contain both acceptance and rejection and she said yes.
That's what I thought too. So we still have hope. I still have high hope. I guess that's why I am in my room right now and have the window wide open so i can see my mail box. hahahha

I wonder out of 1,808 view of this thread, how many are mine, infernobutterfl, and Acura-TL & Rx. I guess we are just too anxious. :laugh:

Fushi.tarazu said:
I wonder out of 1,808 view of this thread, how many are mine, infernobutterfl, and Acura-TL & Rx. I guess we are just too anxious. :laugh:
I don't know what you're talking about. I am always busy. Work and work and work. no time to check on SDN. no way, those 1800 are not mine....hhhaha

whatever.... good luck to you today!

Fushi.tarazu said:

haaahahhaha....count me in...

hey guys,
just got off the phone with the lady, and she did say that the batches were not different batches (ie: acceptances and waitlisted).... but then again, she seems kinda clueless, or un-willing to inform of any updates on the letters... which is understandable...
well.. to me that means hope.. cuz usc is actually my top top choice...

now that i am more in control.. wish everyone the best of luck and congrats to those who got accepted alrdy....

here is a poem by emily about hope that i am always fond of... dont give up hope guys.. :)

"Hope" is the thing with feathers –
That perches in the soul –
And sings the tune without the words –
And never stops – at all –
And sweetest – in the Gale – is heard –
And sore must be the storm –
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm –

I've heard it in the chillest land –
And on the strangest Sea –
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb – of Me.

.[/QUOTE]
"Hope" is the thing with feathers –
That perches in the soul –
And sings the tune without the words –
And never stops – at all –
And sweetest – in the Gale – is heard –
And sore must be the storm –
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm –

I've heard it in the chillest land –
And on the strangest Sea –
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb – of Me.[/QUOTE]

hahaha... who's this by? Emily Dickenson? Anyway, it's almost time for the mailman to come to my house!!!!!

first somebody says the 2nd batch is all waitlist....
then acceptances and waitlist and rejections....

this is driving me nuts.

btw i probably contributed to like.. a good 10% of all those viewings hahahaha :p

kyt0871 said:
first somebody says the 2nd batch is all waitlist....
then acceptances and waitlist and rejections....

this is driving me nuts.

btw i probably contributed to like.. a good 10% of all those viewings hahahaha :p
hahahah...... this can't be good for us. We'll lose at least 5 years from our life span. But then again if we get the package we might gain 10 so that's not a bad deal.... :D

my mailwoman came and went with nothing but junk mail.... wah. :confused:

kyt0871 said:
my mailwoman came and went with nothing but junk mail.... wah. :confused:

where do u live.. general location

My mailman came with nothing but junk mails and gave me a weird look (He is not used to be received everyday).

I live in Los Angeles... about 30 minutes away from USC. Nothing yet. I'm pretty sure that I will find out tomorrow.

awww.. my mail is with my parents.. and they dont come home until night time.. sigh.. :sleep:
i am soooooo tempted to drive to usc pharm. and ask them in person for my results.. god..
:smuggrin:

infernobutterfl said:
awww.. my mail is with my parents.. and they dont come home until night time.. sigh.. :sleep:
i am soooooo tempted to drive to usc pharm. and ask them in person for my results.. god..
could do that? Will they let you know right there? Damn I could have done that. I live like 30 mins away.

infernobutterfl said:
could you do that? Will they let you know right there on the spot? Damn I could have done that. I live like 30 mins away.

This thread is addicting. I didn't even apply tp USC :laugh: Only because I couldn't finish all of their crazy pre-reqs in time. This is the only 4 year school that I would attend (USC is my second choice school next year if I don't get into USN this year!). I would love to be a Trojan! I wish all of you the best of luck! :luck:

Smilescali said:
This thread is addicting. I didn't even apply tp USC :laugh: Only because I couldn't finish all of their crazy pre-reqs in time. This is the only 4 year school that I would attend (USC is my second choice school next year if I don't get into USN this year!). I would love to be a Trojan! I wish all of you the best of luck! :luck:

Ditto on that, I feel like I'm living vicariously through this thread :p

Acura-TL & Rx said:
could you do that? Will they let you know right there on the spot? Damn I could have done that. I live like 30 mins away.

i actually dont really know.. but i am sure if i break down their doors... :mad: storm into the office and raise my voice demanding the results....
they would be obligated to..... :scared:
call security and arrest me... :laugh:

b*rizzle said:
Ditto on that, I feel like I'm living vicariously through this thread :p

i think i have the same problem..."hi! my name is care324 and I am an SDN addict."....lol

Here's a little prayer for you and good luck to everyone:

St. Theresa's Prayer:
May today there be peace within. May you trust your highest power that
you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the
infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those
gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been
given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let
his presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom
to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one
of you.

Eventhough I am not catholic but I just want to share this with everyone who is going through this hard time. Good luck and stop stalking your mailman. He's not used to being "received" everyday like that :D

Tomorrow (wednesday) should be the big day rite?!?!
Unless my post office is ******ed and mixes up the mail or something...

and my parents left annual xmas present (hawaiian macadamian chocolates) for the mailwoman today too.... Give me some GOOD news WOMAN! hahaha :D hahaha if only it worked like the tooth fairy - haha!

okay, I got my "active consideration" :laugh: status letter from USC...anyone else get theres? For the curious minds, the letter states that of 150 applicants 62 were admitted and 88 are on the "..." :laugh: Don't mind me...whenever I see words put in quotes I think of lobsters...anyways I thought USC would show some self restraint in admitting so many ppl at once...now I feel pretty bad because I wonder where I'm ranked out of the 88 that didn't get accepted. Hope I'm not #88 +pissed+

Sorry for posting so late. I just regained my consciousness two hours after seeing my "acitve consideration" status, especially when I saw that almost half of the interviewees were accepted. Man, I feel as smart as a lobster. Anyway, I will be on the quest to find my lost motivation now.

But congraduation to those who got in. It's gonna be a marry Xmas for you.

marrymenatalie said:
okay, I got my "active consideration" :laugh: status letter from USC...anyone else get theres? For the curious minds, the letter states that of 150 applicants 62 were admitted and 88 are on the "..." :laugh: Don't mind me...whenever I see words put in quotes I think of lobsters...anyways I thought USC would show some self restraint in admitting so many ppl at once...now I feel pretty bad because I wonder where I'm ranked out of the 88 that didn't get accepted. Hope I'm not #88 +pissed+
i'm sorry to heart that. what were your stats?

I offer this to those of you who are currently stressing:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote is one of my absolute favorites and has gone a long way in helping me smooth over a lot of the bumps and bruises I've encountered this semester; I hope it will do the same for you. Every time I start to stress about the pharmacy school thing, or my grades, or anything else, I just take a breath, look at the quote (which I have posted next to my bed), and press on.
:)

At least you got yours. I don't even have anything but junk mails in my mail box!!! :mad: What's going on? I guess no letter is good for now. Anyway, back to slaving at Walgreens.... :p

For those of you who received your active consideration letter, don't give up just yet. They do pick some people from there. Good luck

I didn't get my letter today either. But I was annoyed enough at usc to call and demand my status over the phone. I'm on the waiting list as well..

i didn't feel so bad until now that i see that 62 people got in... daym that's a lot.

hmm..
it seems that all the ppl from friday got in .. and all the ppl from monday are on the wait list...
usc is so bs-ing us...
dude.. that isnt even funny how they dont meet deadlines, lie to you on the phone and all that just to wait list you...

i'm waitlisted too....i give up...my self-esteem has just hit rock bottom. :( i don't want to be hoping all this time only to find out later that there is no chance. Damn...62 is a lot!!!

congratulations to everyone who got in. I'm not trying to be bitter...i'm just a little frustrated....

I don't understand why USC had to put in the statistics in the waitlist letter... I feel like they are being so insensitive to the people who did not get in. Why the extra kick when we're already down?? :mad:

I didnt get the letter. I got impatient and called.

Wait listed. bah...bah USC....ahhhh

kevintech said:
i'm sorry to heart that. what were your stats?

I'm assuming you're saying sorry to hear that. Both my Overall and Science prereqs GPA are 3.5+.

Anyways, don't worry people. At least no one got rejected.

But whatevers....USC can put me in that big "active consideration" pile and I'm gonna be like Steven Spielberg and put USC in my "USC whatever" pile and donate the millions of dollars I make to the pharmacy school that makes me their first choice. Just remember it doesn't matter where you get your degree, all that really matters is what you plan to do with it. What supposedly separates USC from the rest of the schools is their so-called networking claims of getting you a good job. However, retail jobs are everywhere and Jim tried to sell us on the fact that KANSAS NEEDS PHARMACISTS. Who the heck wants to go to Kansas. All they have are tornadoes and witches...so que sera sera...USC didn't impress me in the interview and still hasn't. They also need to upgrade their facilities, and remember you can't spell suck without USC :laugh:

Have you guys applied to other schools? There are so many other great programs out there. Loma Linda and Midwestern CPG have great program out there, and after all you will be making the same amount of money no matter where you go. Good luck. :)