General Admissions & OTCAS USC OT 2020-2021 Applicants Stats/Updates/Q&A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know of anybody else who heard back yet? I hope we hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, for those of you who are getting off the waitlist is it by email or phone call?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have decided to decline my spot! Although usc has a huge name and is “prestigious”, I just can’t justify the cost of attending when I got accepted to cheaper programs.
Hoping someone on the waitlist hears soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I have decided to decline my spot! Although usc has a huge name and is “prestigious”, I just can’t justify the cost of attending when I got accepted to cheaper programs.
Congratulations on getting in to a cheaper program! Prestigious and name doesn't matter in OT!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for letting us know! I was also accepted into a relatively cheaper program and have been debating on what to do if I get accepted from the waitlist. USC is nearing 150k. I might go for it but it feels painful to spend that kind of money for a master's degree.

accepted off the waitlist!!!!!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing the process after being accepted off the waitlist, do you have to make a decision on the spot or is there a deadline?

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing the process after being accepted off the waitlist, do you have to make a decision on the spot or is there a deadline?
Hoping someone finally answers your question :lol: but I am guessing they are given some time to accept/deny their spot as well.

Did anyone else here get accepted to Columbia last week? I have scoured the entire internet and cannot find a single thread, and I really want to chat with people. I have to submit my decision by February 1st, so I am anxiously awaiting USC’s response!
Hi! Did you wind up committing to Columbia? There's a good chance I'll be there this fall and would love to chat :)

Hoping someone finally answers your question :lol: but I am guessing they are given some time to accept/deny their spot as well.
I was given a week to reply with a decision! But she said if you need more time, you can ask for extension.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha, finally got it answered! 😂

I was given 4 days to respond with my answer!

I was accepted off of the waitlist earlier today! For those still on the waitlist, stay hopeful!!

Reactions: 4 users
I received an email on Thursday that I was accepted off the waitlist...with scholarship! Following this forum really helped me mentally get through this crazy process. Thank you all! Stay positive for those still waiting :)

Did anyone else ask where they were on the waitlist?
I asked and I was told I was in the “top half”, but I have been on the waitlist for almost 2 months now so I’m not really sure how many people are in that category.... hard to gauge my chances... 2 months and still waiting D’:

Did anyone else ask where they were on the waitlist?
I asked and I was told I was in the “top half”, but I have been on the waitlist for almost 2 months now so I’m not really sure how many people are in that category.... hard to gauge my chances... 2 months and still waiting D’:
I asked and was told the same thing. It's hard to guess our spot from that but it does give me some hope.

I asked and was told the same thing. It's hard to guess our spot from that but it does give me some hope.
Seems like they have a ton of people on the waitlist.. they probably have like hundreds in the “top half” for all we know...

I was also told I was in the "top half" and still waiting.

Very weird. All instances of the word "0waitlist0" has been changed to "purgatory" on this thread. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

LOL 0thank0 also turned into "bless." 0April fool's0 day? 0april fool's0 just turned into "easter"

I was also told I was in the "top half" and I’m still waiting haha