General Admissions & OTCAS USC OT 2020-2021 Applicants Stats/Updates/Q&A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hahahaha I feel this!
“Mid-late January” = last 3 days of January .-.
I really hope they let u
same! I keep thinking "today could be the day". I wonder if the weekend is potentially an option too but I assumed before Friday
they said no later than Friday in the last email. I hope they don’t push it back! good luck to everyone!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I have been nervous everyday this week, thinking I will get the news that day. I really hope today, if not I hope tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha sorry I'm going to rant a bit but omg yes I've been so anxious and nervous throughout the entire process, not sure if anyone else relates but this has been the only thing I've been looking forward to recently especially during the pandemic when my future plans seem so unpredictable T__T It's nice to have this forum to chat with other people who are on the same boat as me! I hope everyone has ways to take care of their mental and physical health during this time, and I'm really hoping that everything ends up working out for us !!!

Reactions: 6 users
Me too! This is the biggest thing on my mind right now. USC is my top choice. I attended the last in-person information session in Feb 2020 and have been thinking about getting into USC since 2019. So yes, the wait is killing me and it cannot come any sooner! My health has been good though, thank God, and i've kept myself busy with two jobs, one OT-related.

Reactions: 5 users
i feel the exact same way and i really wish we could fast forward to tomorrow so we can all know already. i'm really glad i found this forum though and it is comforting to know we're all going through the same thing right now. hang in everyone!! hopefully we can all be classmates come summer time!! :)

I have a feeling we are not getting it today. I think it's going to be postponed again

Anything is definitely possible. They sent the last email at 4:21pm so there's still a chance!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a feeling we are not getting it today. I think it's going to be postponed again
I feel like there's still a small chance we could learn today. When we received the email update it wasn't until 4pm (or at least 4:01 when I got it). I think if we don't hear back by around 5pm, I would definitely say it's not coming until tomorrow. The email does just say by the end of the week so technically weekend could be fair game

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like there's still a small chance we could learn today. When we received the email update it wasn't until 4pm (or at least 4:01 when I got it). I think if we don't hear back by around 5pm, I would definitely say it's not coming until tomorrow. The email does just say by the end of the week so technically weekend could be fair game
I totally agree! And from past threads, they usually send acceptances super late in the day!

The delay could also be because the director of admissions is probably occupied with running for an AOTA position.....

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be the day! Last year they sent out acceptances on the last Friday of the month. I don’t think I’m going to be able to sleep tonight 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All this anticipation...
I wish they had a target date. Like “ hear back from us exactly on February 1, if that changes we’ll let you know.”
So we can mentally build for that day and not end up piling up feeling of anxiousness as each day passes... especially during the pandemic .-.

I mean I can’t imagine working right now and then just feeling anxious the whole time unable to concentrate on work and frantically trying to discreetly check my phone as much I can (I feel for those of you who are working while waiting!)
I totally agree! For my OT-related job I use my Apple Watch! :giggle: My other job is WFH.

• Haha
All this anticipation...
I wish they had a target date. Like “ hear back from us exactly on February 1, if that changes we’ll let you know.”
So we can mentally build for that day and not end up piling up feeling of anxiousness as each day passes... especially during the pandemic .-.

I mean I can’t imagine working right now and then just feeling anxious the whole time unable to concentrate on work and frantically trying to discreetly check my phone as much I can (I feel for those of you who are working while waiting!)
Im still taking classes right now and I have my email notification on my phone and this thread open on another monitor while I'm in classes. This anxiety is too much. I jump at every email and 100% of them are spam

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I looked back at previous year's forums and apparently people got emails as late as like 9pm??? There's still hope for tomorrow and I'm praying all of us get good news!!! I'm also just trying not to jinx myself :((( I'm sure Dr. Anvarizadeh is working OVERTIME (OT) though LOL so much respect to her for juggling all that she does

• Haha
I looked back at previous year's forums and apparently people got emails as late as like 9pm??? There's still hope for tomorrow and I'm praying all of us get good news!!! I'm also just trying not to jinx myself :((( I'm sure Dr. Anvarizadeh is working OVERTIME (OT) though LOL so much respect to her for juggling all that she does
Decision emails for this year’s cohort fees like a s l o w draggy process ...... 😂

(Unexpected part II requirement —> Random timeline email, with no decisions —> Current waiting process)

Right now, it feels like being in the last 0.2 miles of running a marathon and you just wanna reach the end but the road just keeps going and we’re all just messaging each other holding on to hope of finally reaching the end :lol:

seriously can’t wait!!! decisions being released will be so helpful with weighing other options as well. at the very least the waiting game is almost over 🤞🏻

I wonder if the admissions team knows about this forum...... Hahahaha we're like all freaking out over here, trying to calculate when decisions are coming out and they're probably reading through it like "and I oop-" :rolleyes::lol:

• Haha
See you all tomorrow haha. Hopefully tomorrow is the day

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
If we don't hear by today I am going to be so stressed. I'm on the east coast so I have to keep reminding myself it is still early in LA haha. Good luck everyone! Hopefully we will all have good news to share soon!

Reactions: 10 users
Did you all see that Dr. Anvarizadeh won AOTA VP?! So incredible 👏🏼 I guess I’ll cut her some slack if our decisions are a little later than we hoped 😂

Did you all see that Dr. Anvarizadeh won AOTA VP?! So incredible 👏🏼 I guess I’ll cut her some slack if our decisions are a little later than we hoped 😂
Maybe she was waiting for her results before she sends us OUR results. Haha

• Haha
No kidding when they said the enddd of the week 🥲😭

• Haha
OMG I just got an email of acceptance... I wish the best of luck for you all!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Omg congrats!! Hopefully the rest of the emails come today and not over the weekend. I can’t handle this anymore

• Care
omg :confused: I just got a waitlist email....trying to stay positive!!! At least I didn't get rejected :( Congratulations though!!!! I'm so happy to hear the news here :)!!

• Care
omg :confused: I just got a waitlist email....trying to stay positive!!! At least I didn't get rejected :( Congratulations though!!!! I'm so happy to hear the news here :)!!
if you don't mind me asking, what the first letter of your first and last name? Just trying to gauge if its Alphabetical

I just got my acceptance with the RA scholarship. Wishing the best for everyone

• Care
I received the email at 6:58pm, my last name is near the end of the alphabet and my first name is near the beginning-middle !

My last name is K and first name is J!

I received the email at 6:58pm, my last name is near the end of the alphabet and my first name is near the beginning-middle !
Thank you both!
I don’t think it’s alphabetical then.
I do know that @OT_FTW and @DisneyK02 are both USC undergrads! Maybe USC undergrads were priority? Haha just guessing!

Thank you both!
I don’t think it’s alphabetical then.
I do know that @OT_FTW and @DisneyK02 are both USC undergrads! Maybe USC undergrads were priority? Haha just guessing!
Oh there is a chance!! Congratulations to you two though omg what a time to celebrate to be double trojans!!!

Just got waitlisted as well! :’(

I got an acceptance email at 7:47 and my last name starts with a B! I am beyond excited! Good luck everyone!

I got waitlisted as well but I won't lose hope! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

I got waitlisted! A little bummed but trying to stay positive.

Waitlisted! Congratulations to everyone who got accepted 💝