USC prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmijo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does two semesters of organic chem fulfill the biochem requirement since they require 1 semester of ochem and 1 semester of biochem? Also, does developmental biology satisfy the molecular bio requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by premedmijo
Does two semesters of organic chem fulfill the biochem requirement since they require 1 semester of ochem and 1 semester of biochem? Also, does developmental biology satisfy the molecular bio requirement?

Hey mijo, on my interview instructions it says that if you aren't taking classes specifically called "Molecular Biology" and "Biochemistry" to fulfill those requirements, you have to actually bring to your interview a course description of the classes you are taking instead, so... I'm pretty sure you have to take Biochem on top of Ochem. As far as mol bio is concerned, I'm not sure what developmental bio covers so I couldn't tell you.

1 year of Organic Chemistry will not count for the Biochem requirement. Just to let you know.

Also, Molecular Biology must be fulfilled with a genetics type of course. I'm almost positive that Developmental will not count for this requirement. I went to USC undergrad and am pretty familiar with what courses make the med school's requirements.