USC School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Are they still sending interviews invitations?
I still didn't hear anything from them, if they reject you, they will let you know ri yep

Are they still sending interviews invitations?
I still didn't hear anything from them, if they reject you, they will let you know right?
they are still doing interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone attend the financial aid presentation? I could not join, and I would appreciate it if anyone would be able to pass that information along. Thank you!

Did anyone attend the financial aid presentation? I could not join, and I would appreciate it if anyone would be able to pass that information along. Thank you!
It was an hour session about the tuition and different loan plans. They provided a couple of examples for each plan. Don't worry though, they're going to hold other sessions once the admission decisions are released.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was an hour session about the tuition and different loan plans. They provided a couple of examples for each plan. Don't worry though, they're going to hold other sessions once the admission decisions are released.
Awesome, thanks!

Does any one have a "check back on December 1" on their AADSAS status?

Me too! Do you have the name of the interviewers?
I don't remember the name of the two professors for the PBL interview. I interviewed on Sep. 14th. when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current USC student. Ask if you have any questions. Im a D1 and applied last year. Would love to help!

Reactions: 1 users
Wednesday is about to be eventful lol. Does anyone know what time we would receive a rejection, acceptance, or waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Wednesday is about to be eventful lol. Does anyone know what time we would receive a rejection, acceptance, or waitlist?
On last year's thread, some people posted that they received an acceptance email as early as 12:37 PST/3:37 EST. It may be different this time around, who knows?

I've been checking my email/AADSAS portal every 5 minutes. I need to stop:rofl:

On last year's thread, some people posted that they received an acceptance email as early as 12:37 PST/3:37 EST. It may be different this time around, who knows?

I've been checking my email/AADSAS portal every 5 minutes. I need to stop:rofl:
Last year most of us were accepted mid december or later

Reactions: 1 users
didn't they say dec 15th would be when they would send out acceptances?

Anyone got waitlisted ? Mine says waitlisted right now

i read through previous threads and I think everyone is waitlisted until they release. Don't freak out yet. Just wait on an email or call.

do you get an email if you're actually waitlisted ?
This is my first time applying so I have no clue. I hope so. I think it would be safe to assume that you are actually waitlisted if you get zero communication from them tomorrow.

Current D1 here! Slacking off on studying for finals, thought I'd check on this year's application thread and see if I can answer any questions...

1) Post-interview white coat size selection: it's unisex sizing, so size down if you're female. They're super big. For reference, I'm usually a size S and even the XS fit like an M/L.

2) Prepping for the MMI portion of the interview: google MMI example questions, type out a response, practice reading your response out loud so that it sounds natural (not like you're reading off a script). Record yourself saying your response, play it back, make adjustments to your response, repeat.

General "formula" for MMI responses: state your opinion/stance (take a firm one-sided stance, don't go down the middle and be ambiguous about which side you're taking) --> justification/reasoning based on ethical/professional/etc. principles --> consider the other side (now is your chance to say why the other side might also be good), pros and cons --> briefly summarize

3) Prepping for PBL portion of the interview: nothing really lol. It's super chill. Just speak when you have something to say (discussion format, don't raise your hand). Pro tip: lean into the camera slightly to indicate you have something to say, this helps avoid awkward moments of talking over people. General rule of thumb: have 3-4 people talk before each time you say something. You don't want to come off as dominant, but you also want to make contributions - whether it's saying a novel idea, making sure the group is staying on track ("have we covered all the facts?," "I think we can say a few more things about this part before moving onto the next," etc.), or fostering a positive group dynamic ("good point," "that's a really good observation," etc.).

4) Application status after interviewing: your status will automatically change to "Waitlisted." I wasn't actually waitlisted, so I don't know if they send you an email to confirm a waitlist position (they probably do).

Happy to answer any other questions. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Got accepted by email at 3:10! Good luck to all of you

got an acceptance email at 3:08 pm in pst. (is student)

got accepted at 3:08 pm pacific time via email!!!! Lets Gooo!!!!

I got accepted as well! I never put down my stats for when I got the interview but I will do that right now so that people waiting for post-December interviews do not lose hope!

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/01/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS (Georgia Resident)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1
Application complete date: 7/7
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 18/19/21/Yes (15 on QR)

If my AADSAS portal still shows "waitlisted" and I haven't received an acceptance email, is it over? Or do people still get emailed on dec 2 and so on. Kinda freaking out because my friends got their emails already.

is the cost of tuition really 123,579 first year?

If my AADSAS portal still shows "waitlisted" and I haven't received an acceptance email, is it over? Or do people still get emailed on dec 2 and so on. Kinda freaking out because my friends got their emails already.
+1