USC School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone know if usc is still doing interviews for March or April?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think for people who interviewed in march would hear back in early april

Are their interviews closed or open file?
Closed file, it's an mmi where they don't know anything about you, and a group interview going over a pbl case. They don't ask anything specific about your file.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure, but I think it might be either April 1st or on the 8th.

Do they directly email you saying you are "waitlisted"? I haven't gotten an interview yet but I haven't been declined as well.

I believe you have to interview to get waitlisted. I haven't gotten an interview yet, but I heard they are still interviewing.

Reactions: 2 users
When will the next round of acceptances go out?

Members don't see this ad :)
have any acceptances been sent out since the 3/4 batch?
It seems like not, was hoping that today was gonna be another batch of acceptances based on previous years being a month before getting a response, but based on the 1/24 interviews having acceptances on 3/4, it seems like 4/15 will probably be another batch of acceptances.

It seems like not, was hoping that today was gonna be another batch of acceptances based on previous years being a month before getting a response, but based on the 1/24 interviews having acceptances on 3/4, it seems like 4/15 will probably be another batch of acceptances.
i thought so too but if anyone has heard anything please share i would greatly appreciate it!!

Like this if you interviewed in September and still waiting to hear back

Acceptances did go out yesterday, I think we will be seeing more acceptances these next few weeks because if you dont commit & pay your deposit, the spot will go to the waitlist! Best of luck to all of you.

Congrats on your guys' acceptances! Just wanted to ask when did those that just got accepted, interview? I interviewed in March and haven't heard back. Is there still a chance I get in? Or will seats just be filled at this point?

Congrats on your guys' acceptances! Just wanted to ask when did those that just got accepted, interview? I interviewed in March and haven't heard back. Is there still a chance I get in? Or will seats just be filled at this point?
You definitely still have a chance! I know somebody who interviewed in march and got in yesterday, BUT the way USC works is now rolling admissions.

As other cheaper and/or better schools send out their acceptances and admit students off their waitlists, spots will open up at USC. There is a chance you can hear in 1 week, 1 month, or even 1 day before school according to admissions. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

congrats! when did you interview? and did your status on aadsas change?
Thank you so much. I sent my application last week of December. Interviewed on March 6th and 7th. March 8th my aadsas changed to “waitlisted” and yesterday afternoon it changed to “offer made”

My friend, I just got acceptance email yesterday afternoon and I interviewed in March. Definitely there will be more acceptances in coming weeks and even months. They interviewed a new group just last week. I strongly believe there are available seats… They are sending out offers based on their ranking system.

Did anybody from the April interview group get an acceptance on Friday?

Has anyone who interviewed on January 23 hear anything back recently? Trying to see if anyone has been accepted after the March 4 batch. Thanks

I got an email today saying that USC is done with its application review process. Thankfully, I was accepted elsewhere but I just wanted to update here.

• Care
Honestly, from the tone it seems that is the case. I am attaching the letter I received. I am not the best person to ask since I do not know about waitlists. I do not want to provide wrong info. Obviously, if last batch/group gave up some of their acceptances, I am assuming waitlists still have a chance. But it seems just from the letter that the committee has chose the 144 students.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.34.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.34.28 PM.png
    403.2 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Honestly, from the tone it seems that is the case. I am attaching the letter I received. I am not the best person to ask since I do not know about waitlists. I do not want to provide wrong info. Obviously, if last batch/group gave up some of their acceptances, I am assuming waitlists still have a chance. But it seems just from the letter that the committee has chose the 144 students.
Did you interview? or was this sent to you without an interview invitation?

Thank you so much. I sent my application last week of December. Interviewed on March 6th and 7th. March 8th my aadsas changed to “waitlisted” and yesterday afternoon it changed to “offer made”
Congratulations!! How long do students have to complete their paperwork and submit their deposits?

I wrote a letter of intent after I interviewed. Should I write another one? Or should I just be patient and wait it out?

Hey you guys! For those that were accepted recently, when is your seat deposit due? If anyone is okay with disclosing that information, it would be much appreciated.

Hey you guys! For those that were accepted recently, when is your seat deposit due? If anyone is okay with disclosing that information, it would be much appreciated.
Just checked with a friend who got in, she said they have 2 weeks to pay their deposit & accept their admission offer.

Should the next wave of admissions come tomorrow or Monday? Does anyone have an idea? Just a thought because of those who didn't put their deposit down in the 2 weeks.

Should the next wave of admissions come tomorrow or Monday? Does anyone have an idea? Just a thought because of those who didn't put their deposit down in the 2 weeks.
they are on spring break, hopefully next friday but if anyone heard anything today please share!! :)

spring break was 1 month ago. It's probably busy now with end of semester exam preparation.
they’re on break maybe it’s not spring break but it’s a 2 week break, i have friends who go to usc dental. not sure if the admin is working during that time though.

they’re on break maybe it’s not spring break but it’s a 2 week break, i have friends who go to usc dental. not sure if the admin is working during that time though.
you're right, my mistake.

• Care
Will be giving up my seat in the next couple of days. Will be attending a different dental school. Stay hopeful and best if luck in getting a spot!!

Reactions: 5 users
Gave up my seat today. Hope one of you hears back soon. Good luck!!