USC School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Were you able to apply for graduate housing? Are there still vacant rooms available? Thanks.
yeah i applied back in march! there was an application fee (i think $65). i'm not sure about room availability since i declined the room assignment they gave me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
lets hope more acceptances will be sent!

Reactions: 3 users
no nothing yet... lets hope they send out something soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend got accepted this past week and said the class was full. I hope you guys reapplied while waiting for a response

Why didn’t they send out emails to inform us that the class is full..?
Like macsak said, most classes at this point are full, and it's not the admission's responsibility to notify waitlisted applicants that the class is full since students may drop a seat for personal reasons in the future. Yes, there may be hope this cycle, but the safest thing to do here is reapply if you haven't already done so.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed. At this point in time you should automatically assume classes are full. Any acceptances after that are very much welcomed but because it’s now the start of the new cycle, anyone still wanting to go to dental school should have planned to reapply and hopefully would hear back from the waitlist. It’s a gamble but who knows, maybe this next cycle you are more prepared and get into a cheaper school. You never really know

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
guys I havent completed my fafsa yet. should I even bother, assuming I'm probably not going to school this year. don’t think chances of getting off waitlist are high at this point

• Sad
guys I havent completed my fafsa yet. should I even bother, assuming I'm probably not going to school this year. don’t think chances of getting off waitlist are high at this point

No point in not doing it if you want to go to USC and you’re waitlisted. All it takes is a little time. Kinda screwed for loans of you do get accepted though and you didn’t do it

guys has anyone gotten in lately
Messaged one of the admission counselors to set up a meeting to go over my application for next cycle (they know I applied this cycle) and they said there is still time for this cycle. So I guess there is still a chance but I’m sure it’s pretty low. I’m mentally preparing for next cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Messaged one of the admission counselors to set up a meeting to go over my application for next cycle (they know I applied this cycle) and they said there is still time for this cycle. So I guess there is still a chance but I’m sure it’s pretty low. I’m mentally preparing for next cycle.
thank you appreciate the response! good luck:)

they accepted their spot, I think the class is fully but people drop out every week and choose other schools so the committee reconvenes and reviews waitlisted applicants

Reactions: 4 users
What’s the waitlist deadline for USC?
usc starts end of august, so it can go up until then actually. and some people have heard back up until that point and gotten accepted, so anything is possible still.

• Care
How long does it take they call another person when someone drops a seat?

Most schools have matriculation week starting tomorrow, so if you don't hear anything after this week I would look to this upcoming cycle
Already reapplied so no worries, I know most school’s waitlist deadline usually coincides with the first day of classes, which is why I asked, but thank you!

usc starts end of august, so it can go up until then actually. and some people have heard back up until that point and gotten accepted, so anything is possible still.
I will withdraw if I get acceptance from other school. The other one will also begin the end of August but I am not sure if there is any chance to hear back at this time.

I will withdraw if I get acceptance from other school. The other one will also begin the end of August but I am not sure if there is any chance to hear back at this time.
from what school?