• Yes - Close to exam date

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes - As early as possible

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Jan 3, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
First question: Is DIT worth it to get exposed to all of the STEP 1 material at the beginning of/prior to heavy board prep? I'll still be in classes when I plan to start board prep, and I think a regimented schedule during this time could help.

We had a presentation at the beginning of our second year suggesting we use their program right before we take the exam, but I think I would rather do questions and get more passes of the material via UFAPing rather than watching videos.

Second question: Has anyone been successful starting DIT like 6-7 months before their STEP 1 as a first pass of first aid, and then doing questions, reviewing first aid, pathoma closer to their STEP date? Or is this too early?

I've been a strong student. My goal for STEP 1 would be a 230 or higher.

Would love to hear some insight.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
DIT has a lot of primer videos and material so you can start 6 months ago and then 1-2 mo out do one of the schedules.

I personally think you should read first aid once before you watch DIT. It makes following along and identifying important material in DIT a lot easier. Then after reread first aid and the DIT book.

If you've got 6 weeks of dedicated or more then you should be able to do DIT, FA 2-3 times, pathoma 1 time, and get through most of Uworld comfortably.

AlbinoHawk DO

An Osteopath
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I don't think DIT offers anything that FAPS doesn't. I used it alongside a few classes to get HY, but that was the extent of its usefulness.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I don't think DIT offers anything that FAPS doesn't. I used it alongside a few classes to get HY, but that was the extent of its usefulness.

Idk. I think First Aid is a pretty insufficient even with pathoma supplementing.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.