• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

SaintJude

Jan 4, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anyone use the notes option? My handwriting is almost illegible when I'm test-taking and I'm wondering if this may be a good alternative, b/c I type really fast.

If so, how? Do you write a few notes after each paragraph?

Also, how is the test numbered? Is it 1-111 like on the AAMC test or is each section divided (like PS: 1-52, VR : 1-40 etc..)

you should be writing minimal notes, sticking mainly with the highlighting tool.

The only time you should write anything is when your doing a math problem, or writing out a formula in your mind to see it. You don't have the time to just waste writing silly notes (kaplan technique is crap IMO)

....But whatever works best for you. .

Apr 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
you should be writing minimal notes, sticking mainly with the highlighting tool.

The only time you should write anything is when your doing a math problem, or writing out a formula in your mind to see it. You don't have the time to just waste writing silly notes (kaplan technique is crap IMO)

....But whatever works best for you. .

Stupid question but, is scratch paper allowed during the exam?

About the Ads

CoolWhipp

10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Not a stupid question, they do give you scratch paper. A stupid question would be what someone in one of my classes asked me..."does the MCAT have spell check for the writing section?" :laugh:

The MCAT should have spell check though. They aren't testing you for spelling right? What doesn't have spell check nowadays?

I'm just in a bad mood studying for the 5/12 obviously. ignore rant.

ridethecliche

Meep Meep Meep
10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tied to a library chair
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Also, if you highlight, I think it goes away when you move to a different page.

Atleast that's how it happened on my practice exams.

Hope that's not what happens on the real deal because that'll make going back a waste of time....

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.