Usf Im Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dryacku

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a fourth year and am still considering medicine.. USF is among a top choice of mine due to my family considerations... I have never done rotation there... few questions???

do first year med residents really only get two wks of vacations and is that normal???

how is the program??

do most fellowships go to inhouse???

any other info would be helpful....also how difficult is it to get into miami's medicine program???

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dryacku said:
Hi I am a fourth year and am still considering medicine.. USF is among a top choice of mine due to my family considerations... I have never done rotation there... few questions???

do first year med residents really only get two wks of vacations and is that normal???

how is the program??

do most fellowships go to inhouse???

any other info would be helpful....also how difficult is it to get into miami's medicine program???

thanks
I did my EM residency at USF, and did quite a few rotations with the medicine residents (as well as becoming friends with many of them). Yes, all interns at USF get only two weeks off the first year. Generally, its not that bad... especially for the medicine interns, because you get some easy peasy elective rotations, and your ER month as an intern isn't bad either (shift work). You do have a few call months but in general they're not bad.

Most of hte meidicne residents got into the fellowships, atleast the ones in teh class that graduated with me. I think the training is definitely solid. Give it a good interview, and try talking to other USF residents/students.

Q