This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuemd6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Just got accepted into this program today for the pre-professional track!

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this program/can touch on what the med school admissions process looks like after?
Also I really dont want to take another gap year after my Masters, is that common with this program or are most people able to get in the fall after the program?

Thanks for all your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're using the master's program to fix your science gpa, you should wait to apply till you have grades for the entire program and apply during your 2nd gap year. Its split pretty equally between people who go to med school the fall right after or the following year but it really depends on the applicant. If you're already a strong applicant without the program and you just didn't want to be out of school for a year, then you would mostly likely be fine applying to med school this cycle while also being in the program.

If you're using the master's program to fix your science gpa, you should wait to apply till you have grades for the entire program and apply during your 2nd gap year. Its split pretty equally between people who go to med school the fall right after or the following year but it really depends on the applicant. If you're already a strong applicant without the program and you just didn't want to be out of school for a year, then you would mostly likely be fine applying to med school this cycle while also being in the program.
thank you!! did you complete this program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know exactly how many, 2 other friends of mine that took the program with me were also accepted. LizzyM score 63 with a 506 mcat. I was relatively average on the stats side but I had a lot of clinical and non clinical hours and was pretty involved with USF the year that I was there.
Hi is this for the MS program through the Morsani medical school? I’m looking into the research path Aging & Neuroscience. How would you rate the program?

I don't know exactly how many, 2 other friends of mine that took the program with me were also accepted. LizzyM score 63 with a 506 mcat. I was relatively average on the stats side but I had a lot of clinical and non clinical hours and was pretty involved with USF the year that I was there.
The MSMS program