Using a secondary to explain an error in AMCAS application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaroleht

Reaction score
I recently found an error in my AMCAS application where I wrote different shadowing hours in the activity description compared to what I listed for the date range of the activity. For schools that have a secondary with a prompt like "is there anything else you'd like us to know," should I share/apologize for this error in this place? Or should I focus on something else/anything at all for this secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently found an error in my AMCAS application where I wrote different shadowing hours in the activity description compared to what I listed for the date range of the activity. For schools that have a secondary with a prompt like "is there anything else you'd like us to know," should I share/apologize for this error in this place? Or should I focus on something else/anything at all for this secondary?
It's hard to advise you with so little information. Can you explain what you listed (dates and total hours) and what it should have been?

So I listed four shadowing experiences in one personal experience entry, and for one of the shadowing experiences, I listed 38 hours in the description to hopefully show which date range it matched up with. But in the hours listed next to the dates I entered for that specific shadowing experience, I listed 28 hours by mistake (when it should say 38).

Members don't see this ad :)
I would not recommend talking about this in your secondary. Seems very neurotic. If it was the difference between 30 and 300 hours, then I would send an email instead (after your secondary is submitted) to notify the office of the error.

Reactions: 2 users
So I listed four shadowing experiences in one personal experience entry, and for one of the shadowing experiences, I listed 38 hours in the description to hopefully show which date range it matched up with. But in the hours listed next to the dates I entered for that specific shadowing experience, I listed 28 hours by mistake (when it should say 38).
Let it go. It was an inconsequential typo.

Reactions: 1 user