Using First Aid to study outside of US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowww

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I'm a medical student in Portugal, so I won't be taking the Step 1 exam. But, throughout the years I've seen students from the US referring to the book First Aid when talking about studying for Step 1. I've been searching for a good book with high-yeald information to review concepts from the first years of medical school and to be a book for me to consult that information whenever necessary and thought this could be a good resource, even though I'm not taking the exam. Do you think it is a good book for that or are there other and better options?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

As a review and reference, definitely. The way its written and organized is that its more of a checklist of things you should know about a topic, rather than a study book. I use it in a similar way - had the thing holepunched, and keep a few folders for different systems. The relevant FA sections for that system sit at the front for me to flick through every time. If when im flicking through I dont see that I get everything, then I refer to my notes to refresh