Step I Using First Aid to study outside of US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yellowww

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I'm a medical student in Portugal, so I won't be taking the Step 1 exam. But, throughout the years I've seen students from the US referring to the book First Aid when talking about studying for Step 1. I've been searching for a good book with high-yeald information to review concepts from the first years of medical school and to be a book for me to consult that information whenever necessary and thought this could be a good resource, even though I'm not taking the exam. Do you think it is a good book for that or are there other and better options?

Thank you.
 
As a review and reference, definitely. The way its written and organized is that its more of a checklist of things you should know about a topic, rather than a study book. I use it in a similar way - had the thing holepunched, and keep a few folders for different systems. The relevant FA sections for that system sit at the front for me to flick through every time. If when im flicking through I dont see that I get everything, then I refer to my notes to refresh